Ensign
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 27
# 1 Best way to spend Zen
06-29-2013, 03:17 AM
I want to know what you guys think is the best way spend zen for some that never had before.....
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 134
# 2
06-29-2013, 03:23 AM
What is your favourite flavour of icecream??
It depends on what YOU want.

For me, at the start I bought ships, now I always be seem to be buying uniform options.
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 872
# 3
06-29-2013, 03:51 AM
I'd go for a ship or the EC-Cap increase.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,200
# 4
06-29-2013, 04:14 AM
- EC Cap Increase.
- Account Bank Activation.
- Inventory and Bank Addons.
- Two additional Character Slots.
- Additional Boff Slots.

While these may not feel warm and fuzzy like buying the latest Z-Store ship or special outfit bundle, they are all useful and will increase the effectiveness of your current toon(s)
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 920
# 5
06-29-2013, 04:55 AM
if you only have the 2 chars, id get 4 more..
more chars = more dilithium you can make per day..

also the ec cap is a must have.. you will eventually need more then 10m.. most items that are worth anything cost over 10m

i would go gold for 1 month instead of buying zen, this will increase your bank storage, inventory and give you 4 more boffs per char and also the shared account bank.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 244
# 6
06-29-2013, 04:58 AM
You buy Master keys and mail them to me. I can give you a rare ship for each of them.
-----------------------------------------sig-----------------------------------------
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,442
# 7
06-29-2013, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guilli88 View Post
You buy Master keys and mail them to me. I can give you a rare ship for each of them.
Lol, yeah right and I'm the Queen of England.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 96
# 8
06-29-2013, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
Lol, yeah right and I'm the Queen of England.
Your Majesty!
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 344
# 9
06-29-2013, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfoot006 View Post
- EC Cap Increase.
- Account Bank Activation.
- Inventory and Bank Addons.
- Two additional Character Slots.
- Additional Boff Slots.

While these may not feel warm and fuzzy like buying the latest Z-Store ship or special outfit bundle, they are all useful and will increase the effectiveness of your current toon(s)
Pretty much all of the above can be gained if you are a subscriber while you level up your character to max level. Then you stop your sub and you keep ALL of it.

STO is so strange that way. There's just no reason to subscribe short of the initial burst to level 50.
"Let's make our DOff UI bigger, clumsier to use, impossible to sort, AND have it show less information in a useable method than we did before!" - Cryptic with STO's 9.5 'crafting upgrade'.

What were you thinking, Cryptic? Seriously. I want to know.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
# 10
07-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebob View Post
Pretty much all of the above can be gained if you are a subscriber while you level up your character to max level. Then you stop your sub and you keep ALL of it.

STO is so strange that way. There's just no reason to subscribe short of the initial burst to level 50.
I've been playing for a few weeks now and I'm thinking of subbing. Can I only keep that cap increases etc. if I reach level 50 before I unsub? Or do I get to keep them no matter what level I am when I unsub?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 AM.