Survivor of Romulus
# 11
06-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
They dont get me the first time. i wait until somone else does it before I even consider it. Anyway Thanks for checking that and warning us its a bad deal and even worse than the lobi for favors they blatantly said was bad in the description.
Understood - I mistook the purpose of the thread. Carry on!
Rihannsu
# 12
06-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
I had 50 spare Lobi from my last bout of Lobi Store purchases and figured I'd get a head start on my Risian Corvette.

I already had 40 Pearls from my first race so I bought and opened 10 Lobi Pearl Boxes.

I received a total of 44 Pearls from 10 Lobe Pearl Boxes!?

Better to just do the race.

I wonder why Cryptic is always so cheap about these kind of things? I mean they get you the first time, but I'm sure people avoid them after.
I don't see a problem at all.

People that want a shortcut in MMO's pay big money, always been that way.
Rihannsu
# 13
06-28-2013, 08:34 PM
The dev blog announcing the event said that they were making lobi-to-pearls transactions cost-inefficient on purpose, so more people will play the event. This is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admanf2p View Post
If they gave you the ship without having to earn it
There's this thing called a "job" where people work to earn money, which buys goods and services, like dilithium or pearls. This is also fine, and there are plenty of ways to indulge that in this game.

In the end, the devs have to balance the value of game time verses profit. The game cannot exist without people playing it, and it can't exist without people spending cash, even if everyone in the world played it.

So, some things will require a lot of time or a little money, and some things will require a lot of money or a little time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
06-29-2013, 06:44 AM
I understand the "Make you play" approach, I just feel it is antiquated and unnecessary.

I will just log on long enough to do the race and my DOffs and then log off for the day seeing it's now a job and not a game. "Earning it" indeed.

The people that don't work for a living and have all the time to play this gamr should be more respectful of those of us carrying them.
"Zero, Zero, Zero...Destruct, Zero"
Rihannsu
# 15
06-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
I understand the "Make you play" approach, I just feel it is antiquated and unnecessary.

I will just log on long enough to do the race and my DOffs and then log off for the day seeing it's now a job and not a game. "Earning it" indeed.

The people that don't work for a living and have all the time to play this gamr should be more respectful of those of us carrying them.
I spend tons of time AND money on this game.

I will state again, people that want a shortcut, pay big.

That is the MMO way, MMO's are all about time investment, your asking to cut that most important aspect short, pay up.