Captain
# 21
06-26-2013, 02:14 PM
i know this may sound simple, but did you try the password for his email too?

perhaps his password for the game was the same as his email.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
06-26-2013, 02:40 PM
First of all, sorry for your loss.

However, I think you will have a very tough time getting this done the right way, if at all. The only thing I can see possibly be of any help is your mates will, where he grants you ownership of his account. but even then, it might not be possible to do this.

TOS or EUALS is usually pretty darn watertight when it comes to accounts, and ownership thereof. We are only really "renting" accounts from Cryptic, so we do not own them as such, and there lies the problem afaik.

There has been some cases like this in my country, wich has sadly ended badly, with a few exceptions, but most times it's hopeless.

As I said, the only good thing is that your mate was kind enough to leave you his account in his will, but I fear you might end up with nothing, or get a lawyer to help you, but that's expensive, and might just leave you with nothing, plus the bill from the lawyer, should you go that route...

Try to contact Branflakes, our resident PR guy. He can hopefully help you, but I would not get my hopes up...
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
06-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Thanx for all your help and advice guys. Much appreciated.

Since i allready dropped a support ticket i will leave it at that and just sit and wait for any response.

Some of btw didn't read my posts that thorrow.
I said i have his username, i do have his password and i know with which e-mailadress he registred his account with. (He gave those to me in his last will).

If youtry to log in your account from a other pc that you are using normally, it will generate a email sended to the email account you registred with. There you have yo acknowledge that you are using a other pc then your own to log in.
THAT is what makes it not able to access his account since his e-mail account has been suspeded cause of his death.
Captain
# 24
06-29-2013, 12:36 PM
by any chance did you try his STO password for his email?
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Republic Veteran
# 25
06-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
by any chance did you try his STO password for his email?
He said his friends email has ceased to be active since his family alerted the provider, so even with all of his log in info he couldn't access his friends email. So odds are the only way to get things done is to be completely truthful to support, but that might not even work since there are rules against transfer of accounts.

My condolences and I wish you the best of luck.