Republic Veteran
# 21
06-29-2013, 09:40 AM
The glasses are stunningly bad. It looks like someone cobbled them together using a bitmap-paint program on a phone at the last second while waiting for a flight... or on the trainride into the office.

I'm not too worried about clipping and such, I made a decent off-duty outfit for my Romulan. What bugs me though is the lack of thought put into the sunglasses as well as the fact that the NPCs are massively upgraded. Texture and costumewise the NPCs look stunning. Character outfits, seem to have taken a step back.

Given the rumors I'm hearing coming out of Cryptic/PW I'm not surprised actually. Someone spent months working on the Risa map, someone designed two events... and someone made a ship while someone did the NPCs. Then it sat there -- and rather than be finished it was thrown out half-done.

Such an amazing map and there are what.. four missions to run total? There could be so much more to do. It's a ******n resort world -- why isn't there more to do.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Lieutenant
# 22
06-29-2013, 03:05 PM
I cannot even look at it, I don't even find it in the tailor's options:-(
Commander
# 23
06-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
Didn't work for me during the event.

They could have fixed it by now.

I gave up on it long ago.
Yeah it's been quite a while too. Unless is just pertains to a specific scarf I'm not using. But I could swear I tried 2 winter variants and still have 1 on them. Makes a great Saurian uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
The off-duty slot sucks. Please restore access to the Unrestricted slot type. I will pay you for access to the Unrestricted costume slot.
I don't think that's gonna happen.

If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
Commander
# 24
06-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegashinzon View Post
I don't think that's gonna happen.
Which sucks.
"Let's make our DOff UI bigger, clumsier to use, impossible to sort, AND have it show less information in a useable method than we did before!" - Cryptic with STO's 9.5 'crafting upgrade'.

What were you thinking, Cryptic? Seriously. I want to know.
Captain
# 25
06-29-2013, 11:24 PM
it seems to me that they made those npc dress things for us but some boss or company said no. Its a shame since most of them are look nice. If they can't use bading clots.. its a bit double standards. just see the orions on KDF.. Then they should aim on cloths that is nice looking shorts or jackets -- thsirts etc. next year.
Lieutenant
# 26
06-29-2013, 11:40 PM
Totally agree, devs, the zone is wonderful but I burned Lobis and latinum to find how much the costume options suck.

Why no shorts for men, why no bikinis or one peice suits for fem toons or bare chests for male toons on a world where all the npc's look like that...

Not like the community hasn't been asking for it for years..

Son, i am disappoint.
Lieutenant
# 27
06-30-2013, 04:19 AM
I will play the devil advocate here. I saw a few peoples mentioned that the NPCs wear much better looking outfit. It a lot easier to create a relatively static NPC with is personal outfit than to create one that adapt itself for player characters that come in all sort of shapes.

Still, I must admit they could have put more effort on the cosmetic rewards. I think I will concentrate on getting the ship and getting a better floater. I hope that next year it will be better. This year, they had to create the new event, create the decor and NPCs, between LoR and season 8. So, let's hope that next year they would take time to make it better, since they will surely reuse the decor and NPCs.

I mentioned that I will concentrate on getting the ship, but it's really just to have it. The stats seem not very good for use it, contrary to the Breen ship they gave in the winter's festival. Unless they intend to set up a subwarp race event?

And since we are talking about the summer's festival, for the activity, I like hunting statuettes. It's cool and it's short enough that I could complete it with 2 characters. But the dance one is too long and there is too much space between the last rewards, it should be more progressive. I tried to do it with 2 characters, but the second one got just short of getting to the 7 favors stage. That's a bit frustrating. And if you get in after it's started, you risk that the same thing happen.

OK, finally, I will not try to get better floater, since it work just on Risa. I was kind of hoping that it could be use on other planet surface area, like new Romulus. So, apparently that will be just the ship, just to have it, for this year.

But again, I just hope it get better next year, or maybe in a patch later, but that I doubt that will happen this year.

Last edited by stephane2258; 06-30-2013 at 04:31 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
06-30-2013, 04:50 AM
i only wonted the ship n outfits for my Rom/kdf but i cant do the race cos half the track does not show up and by the looks i,m better off not wasting time with the outfits wish i new before i started the grind. winter event rocked summer one sucks
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Empire Veteran
# 29
07-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Glad I didn't even bother going to Risa at all then... If only for the ship and emotes. :[ This is utterly pathetic.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
07-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I wish I could be an npc on Risa.
Kirksplat's got it right!

Even if the bathing suits, etc. are limited to Risa.