Career Officer
# 11
06-29-2013, 07:03 PM
You forgot to mention the pointless scene where the teddy bear drops on the floor.... Allow me to continue that scene...
Richard, upon hearing the evacuate signal gripped on tight to little Lucy. As they were running through the corridor, Lucy's grip wained and he fell... Feet thundered past him, the red lights flashing, everything was a blur. He could hear Lucys voice fading away until eventually the blurs stopped, the feet stopped racing by and then there was silence... The throbbing red glow cast the uneven edges of the wall in dark shadow... Alone amd afraid Richard waited for Lucy to return... Then the ground shook violently, Richard fell to one side as the ground shook more. The walls began to cdumple as if some massive force was ripping them apart. A bright light flashed from around the corner and he could feel the air getting hotter and hotter every secomd. The memories of Lucy as a child, playing in the park, sleeping while curled up after a story seemed long gone. As the fur began to blister in the intense scorching heat a single second passed when there was silence... And then blackness...Richard was no more... But don't worry... He was only a teddy!!!

I
Commander
# 12
06-29-2013, 07:34 PM
I didn't even notice that the Enterprise was destroyed. I was too busy screaming about the way they completely disrespected the legacy of James T. Kirk.

"I just want to make a difference..."

Okay. So the 50 million times you saved the entire galaxy wasn't making a difference?
Captain
# 13
06-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyvulcan View Post
I didn't even notice that the Enterprise was destroyed. I was too busy screaming about the way they completely disrespected the legacy of James T. Kirk.

"I just want to make a difference..."

Okay. So the 50 million times you saved the entire galaxy wasn't making a difference?
I didn't like the manner of Kirk's passing. Yes, he saved billions of pre-warp lives, but there was this huge disconnect between his final efforts and just a casual comment or two about these lives. There should have been footage of the saved society, children playing in the streets, courting couples, families picnicking...something to give the audience a point of relationship, to tie them emotionally to the people being saved. OR, if there was a way Kirk's efforts could have prevented the disaster to the Enterprise...then there would have been a feeling of deep meaning to Kirk's sacrifice. Not just "it was fun" (though I realize this quote had a double meaning and summed up Shatner's experiences as Kirk)
Commander
# 14
06-29-2013, 10:10 PM
i blame mike okuda

he was the nerd on duty...
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!