Starfleet Veteran
# 81
06-29-2013, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightraider6 View Post
I'm actually working on that-it involves an accident with an FTL computer core, a klutzy ensign, and a cat.
I... see...

Well, I look forward to reading the details, whenever you get them written down.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Career Officer
# 82
06-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Quote:
reading ya'lls work got me inspired, the third and final part is up. Hope ya enjoy.
I certainly did! I really liked all the action you packed into the second half, and the ending was simply beautiful. And Schrodi... just makes me laugh in amazement as much as anything.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Lt. Commander
# 83
06-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
I certainly did! I really liked all the action you packed into the second half, and the ending was simply beautiful. And Schrodi... just makes me laugh in amazement as much as anything.
of course the scary thing..She just made Rear Admiral in game The Dauntless won't be able to be repaired and she has been given a new ship. The USS Cygnus. Better keep her away from black holes.
Career Officer
# 84
06-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:
of course the scary thing..She just made Rear Admiral in game The Dauntless won't be able to be repaired and she has been given a new ship. The USS Cygnus. Better keep her away from black holes.
Does she have an Android BOff named Vincent?

Captain
# 85
06-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Absolutely fantastic entry / Really captures the depravity which seems almost societally shared by Cardassians. Not sure if you recal my last entry on LC40, but Marcus was on Bajor around that period as a long-term deep cover assignment (which earned him a promotion in the field) but his hatred for Cardassians is much like that of Drake and Rico. It's a nasty topic, but you handled it well, and kept it under control. Nice work indeed
I agree that the Cardassians do have a serious social sickness. That said, I do not believe all Cardassians have fallen to it, and that they are capable of becoming and doing better. That's why I tend to write good Cardassians...not because I am ignoring their past, but because I think there are decent people among them (such as Tekeny Ghemor, in the show).
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 86
06-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Quote:
At least it's not the USS Rosinante - then you'd really need to worry about black holes...
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Captain
# 87
06-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
I agree that the Cardassians do have a serious social sickness. That said, I do not believe all Cardassians have fallen to it, and that they are capable of becoming and doing better. That's why I tend to write good Cardassians...not because I am ignoring their past, but because I think there are decent people among them (such as Tekeny Ghemor, in the show).
Inevitably, there ARE good people among the Cardassians, but the vibe I always got off the show was that the 'old style' Cardies were pretty nasty customers, with their worst/cruelest/nastiest elements running the "Labor camps".

Even within their Military Regime, there were likely Cardassians of Honour and Integrity, compassion, and kindness-decent folks-but you wouldn't FIND such men in the Camps. (Well, Maritza, maybe...)

and the time period was a rough one. But like I said, I had to cut a LOT of material to tighten this up and make it readable without a barf-bag.

(at least, readable to ME without a barf-bag.)

Apologies for how it translated from notepad to forum post, by the way. I think my 'next' freestyle challenge will address Orions again. There is a direction (more fascinating than horrifying) I want to go with D'Moj.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 88
06-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Inevitably, there ARE good people among the Cardassians, but the vibe I always got off the show was that the 'old style' Cardies were pretty nasty customers, with their worst/cruelest/nastiest elements running the "Labor camps".

Even within their Military Regime, there were likely Cardassians of Honour and Integrity, compassion, and kindness-decent folks-but you wouldn't FIND such men in the Camps. (Well, Maritza, maybe...)
Such people probably tended to get killed if found out in a place like that--or forced to flee, if caught or about to be caught in acts such as showing compassion to prisoners or trying to help them escape. I consider the situation of the few rebels in the ranks in such regimes on Earth, and that's what I would guess based on that.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 89
06-30-2013, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
Such people probably tended to get killed if found out in a place like that--or forced to flee, if caught or about to be caught in acts such as showing compassion to prisoners or trying to help them escape. I consider the situation of the few rebels in the ranks in such regimes on Earth, and that's what I would guess based on that.
I think we're on the same vibe then.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Career Officer
# 90
06-30-2013, 01:11 AM
Regarding Cardassian stereotypes I direct your attention to the curious case of Aamin Marritza.