Captain
# 91
06-30-2013, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertuso View Post
Those would probably be C store later on like the first contact EV suits
Yeah and they will charge 2000 zen os something silly like that.
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Career Officer
# 92
06-30-2013, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapla1755 View Post
Why is the hatch an egg mission bugging doff missions?

you have to beam up then que up any other doff mission then beam back down to get it to move forward been the same on all 10 toons i've run it on today.
Quicker way is to click on one of your Department Heads, queue a mission there, then try the egg mission again.
Same issue happens with the Duty Officer Reassignment missions.

But anyway, I'm also throwing my hat into the ring for swimsuit uniforms for my toon(s). I like the one the outfit tailor is wearing (the chick next to the dude selling Lohlunat Favors for Lobi)
It is more modern than the 1960's beachcomber outfit that only shows off a bit of knee.
Ensign
# 93
06-30-2013, 06:52 AM
An awful lot of effort to get to the advanced floaters. This is a question for cryptic. Can't they be made into a non combat device like the winter snow boots?
Captain
# 94
06-30-2013, 07:33 AM
Hey, Devs? As a proud tlhIngan Bekk, from the ancient and honourable House of Jev, I wanna know where the bloodwine drinking and targ racing contests are.

OH NOES! KDF got the smelly end of the stick! Again!

I hereby claim the Risa Summer Event is unfair to KDF! Discrimination is everywhere I tell ya! Oh well, at least our Orion babes get to wear a real bikini! Instead of those overly chaste, overly expensive knockoffs being offered by the shills on the Federation 'pleasure' planet. Most of the Federation's women are far too ugly to wear a bikini anyways.

Note: The above was written in jest and is merely my somewhat humorous attempt at rabble rousing. Ain't I a stinker though?
Lt. Commander
# 95 Risa summer event
06-30-2013, 08:30 AM
I am most likely known as a very harsh and demanding patron of STO. However I am also capable of appreciating EFFORT even when things are not perfect.

I do appreciate the effort and thought that was put into the Risa summer event and I am having a great deal of fun with it! Keep up the good work!

Ps: Now fix the dam problem with the Ultimate game cards not rewarding you the proper amount of bonus Zen and our missing stipend Zen!
Rihannsu
# 96
06-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate4a View Post
Summer event Really falls flat, it would be nice if you had 'some' directions for operating the darn jetpacks...Im done wasting my time trying to figure out some silly gimmick they didnt even tell us the controls for,,,,,Very dissapointed
So let me get this straight . . . a really awesome event falls flat because you couldn't figure out how to use the same keys that almost every MMO in existence uses . . . ASWD. Since flying a starship, flying a shuttle and running a character around on the ground is a complete gimmick to you, I am surprised you made it far enough in the game to even get TO the summer event, let alone make it to the quest giver and vendor to try the jet-pack. Whoever was at the keyboard helping you move your character and ship around, call them back, because there's no way you got there on your own considering what you wrote ~chuckles~
Fazemladaiya - proven to be THE friendliest guy on the gaming forums.
My Graphic Design Specs. Gaming computer specs coming soon once she is built.
Ensign
# 97
06-30-2013, 09:06 AM
I beg your pardon, the tugs featured in the original series concordances that feature 1 nacelle are ok, more than one has to be an even number as specified by Gene. The only time they went against his rule was the 3 nacelle Galaxy class which was an alternate timeline, not necessarily from our dimension & never should have been taken seriously.
After that they just ignored their mentor completely & they showed various others with odd numbers in DS9. Why do you think Gene didn't want anything to do with it. Just because they did something they shouldn't have done, doesn't mean it is right.
If & when warp drives happen in real life then any more than two, or even number, one pair above the other, will just not work, it's common sense.
Ensign
# 98 Re: The Flyers
06-30-2013, 09:15 AM
So, seriously, no one can tell me what keys is down for the flyers, I found the space bar is up, all the other keys for flying your ship are the same, so why aren't the w/s used for up & down instead of forwards & backwards????????????????????????????
Career Officer
# 99
06-30-2013, 11:08 AM
I am personally disappointed, but that's really nothing new in my relationship with STO. The art department did a fantastic job with the assets, which actually kind of upsets me. The event goes on for 35 days and disappears for the year. Which means something the art department busted their humps on goes away. Not to mention the fact that it's a brand new map, like the holiday event, with no actual content, just carnival games. Collect stuff, win tokens! Save tokens, trade them in for prizes. It's insulting. In other holiday events in other MMOs, there are actual missions! I'm reminded of my stint playing WoW, where Santa's reindeer went missing, and it was up to me to find them.

I'm not saying get rid of the carnival games and collectibles. Well, I wish I could, but that seems to be the official mission statement of Cryptic MMOs. But how about making full use of the maps you make instead of just using it for a month and casting it aside for a full year? I'd be okay with it if there at least some weekly missions during that month or dailies at the very least. Like, maybe a vacationer loses a prized necklace or something while out on the beach, and it's up to you to locate and return it. Or pirates attack the resort, or damn near anything?! Give us something to do other than sight-see and the ring toss!

And that's not even mentioning adding brand new game mechanics you're never going to use again. Those jetpacks are just a waste. I understand why you can't use them on other maps(the same reason you couldn't use a flying mount in Azeroth on WoW until Cataclysm, the maps aren't designed to be seen from different angles and full of invisible walls). But to only have them available on one map that lasts for one month... I dunno, it seems face-palmingly stupid. A complete waste of time on both the dev's part and the player's part.

Last edited by ducklesworth; 06-30-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Commander
# 100
06-30-2013, 12:04 PM
I enjoyed the winter event, especially the snowmen fights, but it is indeed sad that these things can only be accessed one month a year.

Risa is even more fun with handling the floater jet-packs, the lush environments and the dynamic lighting that changes to night or day. Again we won't be able to enjoy the floaters for a whole year though. It would be nice if some new story missions can be made in the future where you can make use of this item with high fun value. It's been done before; look at the Star Wars Bounty Hunter game. People can then actually use their very rare floater they worked so hard for to get in the event. It would be special that you can use these items for a real purpose outside the event while you can only earn the purple version during the events.

As for the new upcoming winter event; I don't know what you guys can come up with next to beat the floater lol. As a previous poster mentioned, try to get some real missions into these maps. It worked on DS9's interior where you load into a separate map without other players so it might work during the events too.
Closed Thread