Ensign
I have tried multiple tickets to retrieve missing characters. I was away from the game for 3 months from January to the beginning of April for Military Service. I received and email saying my account email was requested to be changed. The same day I responded thru the link provided, and went thru the recovery process (banning the account, regaining control, updating security, and notifying the GMs I have control of my account to un ban it).

The first time I log in, I find I went from 9 level 50 Characters to 2. I have submitted 3 tickets regarding this, and have had ZERO luck with any help. Calling billing at least fixed it to where I can reach my Zen again. I am going on 3 Months of trying to get this fixed, and I am incredibly tired of being told to initiate a ticket, and work the process.

Is there any other way to actually talk to a person? To have a GM respond with more than a cookie cutter email? A way to actually get some customer service from PWE? It is hard to keep playing this game knowing that at any point everything I have PAID for can be wiped out and the current system for recovery doesn't work. I hope that I can get an answer here for an alternate system to get this fixed.
Career Officer
# 572
06-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangifino View Post
Unfortunately this is not true. Your support page has a redirect loop problem
I'm starting to think this is a new feature designed to cut down on people submitting tickets.
Career Officer
# 573
06-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostchild2 View Post
Is there any other way to actually talk to a person? To have a GM respond with more than a cookie cutter email? A way to actually get some customer service from PWE? It is hard to keep playing this game knowing that at any point everything I have PAID for can be wiped out and the current system for recovery doesn't work. I hope that I can get an answer here for an alternate system to get this fixed.
I don't think there is any way to get a hold of a live person. I've had better luck getting tech support from Microsoft. At least Microsoft has a lot of automated tools that will (sometimes) solve your issues.
Career Officer
# 574 Contacting Customer Support
06-29-2013, 01:26 AM
Quite simply, short of submitting another ticket, is there any other way of getting in touch with Cryptic Support? I've got some lingering tickets which I swear are either being ignored, or are stuck in some automated system loop by where I'm only ever going to get automated replies. Quite frankly I'm getting rather sick of the support system right now.

I've got a relatively simple matter that I would like solved, though it seems I am unable to have the matter looked at because... well, I don't know the reason, I just know that nothing has been done. We're talking a month (30 days) exactly now. I became a lifetime member recently too, hoping that such would help with ticket submissions (I didn't upgrade just for the support, I upgraded because it seemed like a worthwhile, long-term investment). Still, it doesn't seem as though being a subscriber gets you any further into the support queue.

So yeah, is there an e-mail address or something that I can use to contact someone directly? If someone knows of one and doesn't fancy throwing it down here for all to see, PM me with it.

Cheers.
Career Officer
# 575
06-29-2013, 02:06 AM
I'm sure there are a whole bunch of people that would LOVE to get in contact with a real, live person.

Problem is, that kind of support would cost money.....which I don't think either PWE or Cryptic is willing to spend.

I could be wrong of course, but Actions speak louder than Words (or in this case automated replies).
Career Officer
# 576
06-29-2013, 03:46 AM
I've had issues with support myself. The last in game GM ticket (and it was GM not a bug report) I filed was never replied to, nor was my asking for help in the bug forum and the website's support link just goes to a redirect loop. I haven't even bothered trying to get my Reman's broken costume slot fixed, the lack of help would just annoy me so I'm happier to live with it broken.

It never used to be the case, I have had responses (albeit unhelpful responses) in the past.
Captain
# 577
06-29-2013, 03:52 AM
Same issue here.
Career Officer
I have a ticket on the support which is THREE WEEKS old. I cannot understand why I am being ignored.

Have I given Cryptic enough money that I simply do not matter any more? How can I not be furious at this blatant lack of care for customers.

I have opened another ticket based on another part of the game that is broken, but I expect I'll see the christmas event before that gets answered.

What the hell is going on?
Survivor of Romulus
# 579
06-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by penthaligon View Post
I have a ticket on the support which is THREE WEEKS old. I cannot understand why I am being ignored.

Have I given Cryptic enough money that I simply do not matter any more? How can I not be furious at this blatant lack of care for customers.

I have opened another ticket based on another part of the game that is broken, but I expect I'll see the christmas event before that gets answered.

What the hell is going on?
It all depends on what the ticket is about. If it's not an urgent issue like billing problems or something of that nature then those three weeks will become much longer.

PWE has some of the worst Customer Service pretty much ever, and not just mmo industry based. If they were any other type of company I don't doubt they would have gone bankrupt by now purely based on people not using their products/services because of their sheer lack of customer service.

Unfortunately for us they have shown absolutely no indication that they even acknowledge that there serious problems with their Customer Service let alone plan to do anything about it.

The closest thing to actual customer service we have is Branflakes and unfortunately all he can do is pass along a message to whomever, but even that doesn't mean anything will be done.

When I first started playing it was right before PWE took over customer support. I had an issue and heard back from Cryptic Support in a little under an hour. I've had a number if issues since PWE took over CS, and have never heard back from CS except on 1 issue that I was sent three copy and paste replies that had nothing to do with the issue, then was sent a request to supply screenshots of the problem which I did (was a carpet texture not loading on a c-store bridge pack), and then was told there was no issue even though there was a forum thread and numerous tickets from other players all reporting the same exact issue with the same exact bridge pack. it still has never been corrected.

So yeah welcome to the joke that is PWE customer support.
Career Officer
# 580
06-30-2013, 01:47 PM
I look at 'BranFlakes' signature which states that to speak to someone on the community team to click a link, which just goes to a knowledgebase article. The only way to complain is through their support ticket system which must be manned by Mr. Bean for all the use they are.

Quote:
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter: @trekonlinegame | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter: @PWE_BranFlakes
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here.
I am going to give them another few days then I will contact PWE directly, then if that fails an Ombudsman. If they had answered my ticket within a week during busy times that would have been acceptable, but three weeks?! I would like to see their pay cheque held up for three weeks and see how they like it.
Closed Thread