Starfleet Veteran
# 11
06-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Leave them as they are. I'm sick of the current cuddly Care Bear state of things in the game and everything being nerfed to match it...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Commander
# 12
06-30-2013, 03:13 PM
Obviously the Dev's never spend their time either in ground pvp or space pvp, i bet they would remove that boff or change if one of them decides to play ground pvp just to get 1 shot killed by a cloaked player with a plusewave assault type weapon a bunch of times.
Captain
# 13
06-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Somebody try it with a cloaked Reman using Mind Drain. It doesnt reveal, so maybe possible to just sit in a corner and throw the spell, and let the ambush DOFFs do the work without ever getting found...
Lieutenant
# 14
06-30-2013, 03:19 PM
PvP community is like 11% of the total STO population. We are not considered when new things are rolled out. Also, LOLGround.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
Leave them as they are. I'm sick of the current cuddly Care Bear state of things in the game and everything being nerfed to match it...
I am going to go ahead and say you know jack ish about ground pvp and what these doffs do to it by your statement. Learn how things work or keep your mouth shut cupcake
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexsan82 View Post
PvP community is like 11% of the total STO population. We are not considered when new things are rolled out. Also, LOLGround.
I will keep lol ground in mind when you roll with your fs premade stomp a pug team and act like god in zone chat! :/
Career Officer
# 17
06-30-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
No, they should be nerfed just to piss you off.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 18
07-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
a post of support and solidarity for our ground brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Me too. /10char

I have to agree.

I don't play ground, and I can't really say specifically that X is or is not overpowered.

On the other hand items and powers should at least be reviewed regularly to see if they are over or under performing.

While there is no clear direct example, and space =/= ground mechanics at all (lower comparative HP values, differences in cross healing or taking cover, etc).

What if an APA DOFF existed that changed APA from +50% damage to +400% damage but all damage is dealt direct to hull and over 9s?

That certainly sounds potentially problematic to me.

Captain
# 19
07-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I have to agree.

I don't play ground, and I can't really say specifically that X is or is not overpowered.

On the other hand items and powers should at least be reviewed regularly to see if they are over or under performing.

While there is no clear direct example, and space =/= ground mechanics at all (lower comparative HP values, differences in cross healing or taking cover, etc).

What if an APA DOFF existed that changed APA from +50% damage to +400% damage but all damage is dealt direct to hull and over 9s?

That certainly sounds potentially problematic to me.
One big difference between attack pattern alpha and ambush is that ambush has a 13 second cooldown under tactical initiative (1 minute without it). Which means unlike APA, this ability can be reused over and over and over in a very short period of time. A more accurate example would be a Beam Overload III with +300% more damage, ignores shields, and is dealt as a DoT over 9 seconds. In addition, all attacks dealt during the beam overload fire cycle also get the same treatment, DoT dealt over 9 seconds while ignoring shields.
Career Officer
# 20
07-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
One big difference between attack pattern alpha and ambush is that ambush has a 13 second cooldown under tactical initiative (1 minute without it). Which means unlike APA, this ability can be reused over and over and over in a very short period of time. A more accurate example would be a Beam Overload III with +300% more damage, ignores shields, and is dealt as a DoT over 9 seconds. In addition, all attacks dealt during the beam overload fire cycle also get the same treatment, DoT dealt over 9 seconds while ignoring shields.
I wasn't sure what was the better analogy, I had thought maybe BO but wasn't sure if a pure damage boost was better. Thanks for clarifying.

I understood what you meant, but just to clarify for anyone reading:

BO III = +850% damage to your next beam attack

BO III + Hypothetical doff = +3,400% damage to your next beam attack - over 9s, and completely bypassing shields going direct to hull.