Captain
# 21
07-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Since it's coming across as physical damage does it get buffed yet again by Motion Accelerator from the embassy kit? Because that would mean you could buff it with everything, energy dmg buffs, all dmg buffs, and physical dmg buffs.
Empire Veteran
# 22
07-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
Since it's coming across as physical damage does it get buffed yet again by Motion Accelerator from the embassy kit? Because that would mean you could buff it with everything, energy dmg buffs, all dmg buffs, and physical dmg buffs.
I actually had that same question the other day when I asked someone to test it on me. They didn't know, and I am still curious.

Cryptic Studios Team
# 23
07-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Hey all,

A couple things - looks like there's definitely a weird edge case with this Doff and Plasma Grenade - Something about the way it's calculating damage or attaching stacks of damage is off. I'm looking into this. Also, in all cases, the DoT is double-dipping off of damage buffs, which I will also fix - since its damage is based off of the (post-multiplication) damage of your initial attack, there's no justification for the DoT to then get multiplied by your bonuses as well.

Finally, there's the question of how to counter it when it's used on you. Since it's physical damage, I'm going to tag it so that Biofilter Sweep removes the DoT, but I'm also considering allowing the DoT to be removed by an amount of healing received somewhere between one and two health bars. This gives the doff some counterplay in PvP, allowing the target to react to the ability being used on them.
Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
Lieutenant
# 24
07-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I would first like to say that it is nice to see an official response to this concern. I do thou have questions. If it can be cleared by "an amount of healing" does this mean hypo, adrenal booster? Just looking for clarification there. I would like to see each class at least have a way to clear it, the zeno kit is not a widely used kit in pvp.
Doc of Hammer
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Vascular Tricorder needs to be able to clear it as well. VT clears other DoT's, why can't it clear this?
--
Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
Cryptic Studios Team
# 26
07-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
I would first like to say that it is nice to see an official response to this concern. I do thou have questions. If it can be cleared by "an amount of healing" does this mean hypo, adrenal booster? Just looking for clarification there. I would like to see each class at least have a way to clear it, the zeno kit is not a widely used kit in pvp.
Hypos would count towards dispelling it, but probably wouldn't do enough healing on their own to dispel it in one shot. I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to add the healing dispel to it, but it seems like it would be fun in PvP.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 27
07-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suuperduude View Post
Vascular Tricorder needs to be able to clear it as well. VT clears other DoT's, why can't it clear this?
VT will clear it along with Biofiliter Sweep.
Lieutenant
# 28
07-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Thank you for the answers it is much appreciated.
Doc of Hammer
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Looks like I created enough QQ about it to get some attention. Ground pvp community you are welcome!

So now tacts and sci's have an instant clear to these it looks like engy's might be the odd man out!
Captain
# 30
07-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Thank god .
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com

Last edited by mrkollins; 07-01-2013 at 03:16 PM.