Commander
# 51
07-01-2013, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboholic View Post
What I find amusing about the NPC's in swimsuits is the fact that whoever made them for that map apparently didn't realise the female chest slider goes down as well as up.

Some of them could use their chests as flotation devices if someone gets into trouble whilst out at sea
Wait, what? There's a slider that isn't set to max all the time?

So many good points made here. Now to see what Cryptic does with it (if anything).
- Disgruntled 1000+ day Champions Online subscriber.
- GIVE US OUR DEVS BACK!
Career Officer
# 52
07-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aced211 View Post
Not sure if this is common knowledge, but at least for Caitian males, the bare torso asset exists separate from clothing.

Caitian Male Bare Chest

The character loading screen was a bit slow on one occasion, and I noticed the chest load completely before the shirt and the rest of the models.

This was done with the beachcomber outfit, which comes with the explorer top.
Disregard the flowers. I was curious, the grind for Lohlunat favors was a pain, and I didn't want them to go to waste.

I'm still grinding for another beachcomber/explorer set on my alien to see if they have textures underneath. Maybe someone out there has it and could try taking screenshots?
Nice finding. Although if you test with aliens, my guess is that the human torso will be shown, only in different colors. I'd test with Saurians or the other more exotic races.
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
07-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aced211 View Post
Not sure if this is common knowledge, but at least for Caitian males, the bare torso asset exists separate from clothing.

Caitian Male Bare Chest

The character loading screen was a bit slow on one occasion, and I noticed the chest load completely before the shirt and the rest of the models.

This was done with the beachcomber outfit, which comes with the explorer top.
Disregard the flowers. I was curious, the grind for Lohlunat favors was a pain, and I didn't want them to go to waste.

I'm still grinding for another beachcomber/explorer set on my alien to see if they have textures underneath. Maybe someone out there has it and could try taking screenshots?
I just noticed my Liberated Borg male barechested before he fully loaded when the game started up, before the Explorer shirt loaded in, as well. I'm irritated anyway, cause when I first saw the Beachcomber thumbnail as having just pants, I was hoping it came with a barechested option. I feel ripped-off in buying it. I came to the forums hoping it was a bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starboardnacelle View Post
So, they're not lazy, they just don't want players to have these costume options. Everyone was thinking that Cryptic didn't give males bare chests because they'd have to create new assets for Caitians, but now that we know they've already done it, there's really no excuse.
Yes, we need bare chested options. I play this alternate with SWtOR and it has had barechested armors for weeks now, even Cathar.
Captain
# 54
07-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Theres two issues to why we'll never really see swimwear in this game:

The first of which has been a huge thorn for me since i use the infected complexion a lot. Originally the game was built with uniforms that only showed the head and hands, and therefore the custom skins were made only for the head, which is already half assed since the hands were left out from the start. Shortly after launch they started releasing a few open uniform options which clearly showed the issue of all the skins ending at the neck. As more and more open uniforms came out it was just more and more obvious, yet nothing was done with the exception of the Gorn and later Trill Spots due only in part of a DS9 joke of "Do they go all the way down". Caitians were added after that and got a full skin treatment due to the full body fur needing it. No other skin or complexion extends beyond the neck, not even the normal human ones. the Torso is just a default for all male characters, which is why even the fat clerk on Risa has a six pack. I even managed to get a question about this in an ask Cryptic once and all he said was pretty much "there are no plans to complete them" which just shows the type of planning they out into this game.

The second issue is there's no swim mechanic in the game. At all... There is in the engine since champions has entire underwater maps, but no where in sto is there any water deep enough to submerge you with out crouching or using an emote like sleep. And again since they've put so little effort or thought into a lot of the game, it really just makes the bad stuff look so much worse. There really is no other explaination for why our captains can stand chest deep in water and move as normal as they do on dry land, and because of this they're probably never going to add actual swimwear unless its NPC only.

Sad but true.
Lt. Commander
# 55
07-13-2013, 09:11 PM
What he said.

I can already see the "only tan from the neck-up" on my male human when he has the wrap-around TOS tunic on. It would look comical shirtless. Too bad.
Risa Beach Bum
Captain
# 56
07-13-2013, 09:37 PM
It's not impossible, I just think Cryptic ran out of time.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 57
07-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk79 View Post
Nice finding. Although if you test with aliens, my guess is that the human torso will be shown, only in different colors. I'd test with Saurians or the other more exotic races.
This is true. I've had a few... odd loads while cycling chars on Risa and saw just that. the torso loaded first then the uniform, but the torso was almost as featureless as a mannequin. It only showed for a split second and it was erratic so I missed getting any shots of it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 58
07-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
It's not impossible, I just think Cryptic ran out of time.

I dont know how long youve been around but this game is well into year 3....and thats ontop of the 2 years of development. While I enjoyed LoR adding much to the lore and content....There was a lot of smaller minor things this Dev Team could of done to improve the overall gameplay and experience in this game. This game would of received better attention from an independent developer then it has from Cryptic. And the games been sub-par even for a F2P game since the beginning.
Commander
# 59
07-13-2013, 11:28 PM
I think what is annoying me the most about it, is that they just recycled so much of the Orion-wear for Risa... cheapening the Orion wardrobe...

Ok, set up swimwear for the Risa NPC's, and only the NPC's, if you must... but recycling the uniform options of other races out of laziness is insulting.

Say what you want about Orions to begin with, but they are the Orion uniform, and part of the Orion culture, and recycling it as bikini beachwear just cheapens it as if it doesn't count for anything.

I assure you, the Orions think otherwise. This is a mockery of the Orion culture and must be stopped!

I thought the UFP was supposed to be more politically correct and culturally sensitive than to allow this denigration of another culture to continue!

So... to help combat this objectification of the Orion culture and way of life, I'm starting a foundation to combat this injustice to the Orion people. (name to be determined later)

How can you help, you ask?

Well, just send in a meager donation of 2 million EC (or equivalent GPL), and we'll send you a gift to show our appreciation of you as a supporter. (gift also to be determined later)

Won't you please help save the dignity of the Orion people?

-- Smoov

Last edited by smoovious; 07-13-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 60
07-14-2013, 01:01 AM
I'm not sure how the tech actually works, but judging by that loading screen error and my experiences with fur clipping through the Explorer shirt, I think Caitians have a base model loaded which is then overlaid with the shirt. Otherwise the Explorer Shirt wouldn't clip under the arms when aiming. Can anyone confirm if they have skin showing through with other races when aiming with that shirt on?
========================================
SABLE SQUADRON ~ Caitian Engineer
The bigger the ship the better.