Cryptic Studios Team
# 101
06-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Neither of those ships are strictly canon ships. The Elachi ship you mentioned was inspired by the ship from Enterprise, but it's not a carbon copy -- on purpose. The Tholian ship mentioned is a Cryptic design. The Tholian vessels seen in TOS, the remastered version, and Enterprise are more or less on par with STO's Tholian fighter.
I make space ships!
Twitter! STO_JamJamz
Captain
# 102
06-30-2013, 03:05 PM
I understand that JamJamz, but the issue is that everything still feels so big. It makes the ships that are supposed to be truly colossal - Like the Scimitar, D'deridex, and Galaxy-Class - feel really really tiny.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 103
06-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Some of guys are going to concern your self with as some thing dumb as ship size.

Way cant you complain about some of the real issues in game.Ship sizing should be the last thing on the devs minds just like there are bugs still and i say still on ESD from beta testing that the devs never bothered to fix.Mainly be cause it is the farthest thing on there minds.

I for one like the ship sizes it makes it feel more real.If the ships are made two small then it would have looked like it made cheapest way out.
Captain
# 104
06-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
Neither of those ships are strictly canon ships. The Elachi ship you mentioned was inspired by the ship from Enterprise, but it's not a carbon copy -- on purpose. The Tholian ship mentioned is a Cryptic design. The Tholian vessels seen in TOS, the remastered version, and Enterprise are more or less on par with STO's Tholian fighter.
Could you at least fix K-7 and ESD? The Galaxy Class doesn't even fit in ESD's doors.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Commander
# 105
07-01-2013, 01:35 AM
I have to agree with this, an STO wide re-scaling definitely needs to be done. Aside from starbases, ships like Borg Cubes, Borg spheres, and the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought are just way too small. It detracts from the game to see and fly ships that aren't the size they are supposed to be. It's quite bothersome, and is a bigger deal than some people want to admit.
Republic Veteran
# 106
07-01-2013, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Could you at least fix K-7 and ESD? The Galaxy Class doesn't even fit in ESD's doors.
ESD is already too big, it has been sized up, it should barely fit an Excelsior based on what we saw of the Enterprise docking. http://youtu.be/zuifrXlfG_w

The Starbase Enterprise D docked with was NOT Earth, it was Starbase 74 in orbit of Tarsas III. http://youtu.be/G9ea07hOmsE

Funnily enough, the footage of the D docking is actually the footage of Enterprise docking with some edits on the film, like the D superimposed over it.
Republic Veteran
# 107
07-01-2013, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megacharge07 View Post
I have to agree with this, an STO wide re-scaling definitely needs to be done. Aside from starbases, ships like Borg Cubes, Borg spheres, and the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought are just way too small. It detracts from the game to see and fly ships that aren't the size they are supposed to be. It's quite bothersome, and is a bigger deal than some people want to admit.
The sphere is correct. I think you are confused because there are tactical spheres that are 1200 meters in diameter, which don't seem to appear in STO, at least not in Red Alerts, and Scout Spheres, which are 600 meters in diameter. I compared a sphere to my Mogai, which is supposed to be just over 600 meters in length, and it seems about right.

I suspect you are doing the same thing with the Dominion Dreadnought. The Dreadnought is about 1500 meters in length, while the Dominion Planetary Assault Ship, that uses a nearly identical model is 4500 meters.

Borg Cubes do seem on small side, but tactical cubes (1500 meters), which are smaller than Assimilation Cubes (3040 meters) are probably close to accurate. Then again I'm assuming they are Assimilation Cubes, and not some smaller variety that might have been seen on Voyager.
Captain
# 108
07-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
I suspect you are doing the same thing with the Dominion Dreadnought. The Dreadnought is about 1500 meters in length, while the Dominion Planetary Assault Ship, that uses a nearly identical model is 4500 meters.
Just btw., the in game Dreadnaught isn't longer than about 1200 meters. Just a tad longer than an Odyssey, rated at 1060 meters by, if I recall well, Taco.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Commander
# 109
07-01-2013, 12:13 PM
I <3 my giant adapted battle cruiser.

Makes the tholian carrier seem small in comparison.
Empire Veteran
# 110
07-04-2013, 03:54 AM
having found this picture again, http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...comparison.jpg

ive concluded the scimitar is way to big. i was parked next to a sovereign and was shocked at how small it was. the central hull was wider then its saucer, and not counting the warp nacelles, the scimitar main hull was also longer then that sovereign! the ship was like right up against mine, there was no mistake.

the scim is like 20% larger then it should be. its awkwardly huge, a bit of shrinking would be nice. i wish i had thought to get a screenshot, i had no idea just how far off it was till i went and found this pic
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus