Ensign
# 81
06-30-2013, 05:53 AM
I have never been a fan of the Scimitar. I have always though the design was very lazy and ugly. I am happy to hear that there will be 3 variation of the ship however giving us room to kitbash something that we like. Especially since i would like to have a Warbird carrier.

However the variations look almost identical to the base Scimitar judging form the pictures. And that worries me. Why customization your ship if it identical to the base? I hope I am wrong and the ships will have distinct style. I know that some of the ships I find the ugliest in the game as base ships turn out to be some of the best looking once after you get to play around with the customization.
Captain
# 82
06-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Since this is a dreadnaught-cruiser, I bet the turn base rate will be between 6 and 9.
Career Officer
# 83
07-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Still nothing about it and when comes it ? this Thursday ?
Level 50 Cpts: W-T-Riker; Jadzia; Sharan; K'Dhan; T-W-Riker; T'Pok; Ehrehin; Shanara; Karana; Lukara
Subscribed For: 1200 Days 23-08-2013
Captain
# 84
07-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussberlin View Post
Still nothing about it and when comes it ? this Thursday ?
You need to stalk Bran on Twitter...er...I mean follow.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Rihannsu
# 85
07-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokto View Post
I have never been a fan of the Scimitar. I have always though the design was very lazy and ugly. I am happy to hear that there will be 3 variation of the ship however giving us room to kitbash something that we like. Especially since i would like to have a Warbird carrier.

However the variations look almost identical to the base Scimitar judging form the pictures. And that worries me. Why customization your ship if it identical to the base? I hope I am wrong and the ships will have distinct style. I know that some of the ships I find the ugliest in the game as base ships turn out to be some of the best looking once after you get to play around with the customization.
The body of the ship, while large enough to support a hangar of 1500 (one five zero zero) Scorpion fighters, would not be big enough to provide the base support and separation needed for the Thalaron emitters let alone the 52 disruptor banks. That's where the wings come in. They provide the separation and support for all of these weapons systems.

Now where's the details promised us?
Ensign
# 86
07-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
The body of the ship, while large enough to support a hangar of 1500 (one five zero zero) Scorpion fighters, would not be big enough to provide the base support and separation needed for the Thalaron emitters let alone the 52 disruptor banks. That's where the wings come in. They provide the separation and support for all of these weapons systems.

Now where's the details promised us?
Excuse me but are you quoting the wrong person? I do not see how it relates to my concerns that the variations will just be minor. I might be vain but I do not really like to fly around in a ugly ship. And well. we all have different tastes. But for me the Scimitar is feels like a ship without much though. The shapes and proportions are wrong and so on for me. It just looks ugly. But again that me. But there are ships I find ulgy that when you customize them right they turn out wonderful. But that is only possible if the variations actually do differ from each other. Not when there near identical.

I hope I am wrong and that the variations do look different.
Ensign
# 87
07-02-2013, 06:51 AM
How much will it cost?
Career Officer
# 88
07-02-2013, 09:06 AM
If it follows the trend, 2000 c-points each or 5000 c-points for the triple pack.