Rihannsu
# 1 Marks from Doff missions?
06-24-2013, 10:19 PM
If you have many alts, you will inevitably find yourself unable to level them all through the reputation system - time contraints prevent it.

But what if there were Doff missions that give marks of a specific kind? Like, borg-related doff missions that give Omega marks, Tholian-related doff missions that give Nukara marks, and so on?

Maybe that is a nice compromise to make alting sustainably possible again?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 2
06-24-2013, 10:25 PM
The short answer is that it would discourage people from playing PvEs if they can just breeze through mark grinding. Same reason we have dilithium as a reward for playing older fleet actions daily.
Rihannsu
# 3
06-26-2013, 06:32 AM
I am more interested in long versions.

However, regarding that concern: I imagine off missions would be an a lot slower way to get marks, like, 1-5 per 20-hour mission or so. So your alts would take longer to level the rep this way, but at least it could be done at all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Ensign
# 4
06-27-2013, 12:46 AM
low marks rewarding DOFF Missions would be a help, also they could implement DOFF Missions like the Epohh Missions where you have to aquire items first to start the missions.
... in some ways, you're even worse than the Borg. At least they tell you about their plans for assimilation. You're more insidious, you assimilate people - and they don't even know it. - Michael Eddington
Career Officer
# 5
07-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Would be nice if we could earn Marks though DOFFing, would help casual players do the Reputation system. Also would really be a boon for small fleets, who can't do Fleet Mark grinding. Which many small Klingon fleets are currently experiencing.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Ensign
# 6
07-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
The short answer is that it would discourage people from playing PvEs if they can just breeze through mark grinding. Same reason we have dilithium as a reward for playing older fleet actions daily.
I don't think anyone expects hundreds of marks per day from Doff missions. 5-15 per mission, one to three missions available per day, that sort of thing. I don't think that would render other methods of acquiring them obsolete.
Career Officer
# 7
07-02-2013, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshadow View Post
I don't think anyone expects hundreds of marks per day from Doff missions. 5-15 per mission, one to three missions available per day, that sort of thing. I don't think that would render other methods of acquiring them obsolete.
Interesting people should be talking about this - The Romulan History mission where you turn in New Romulus Research and get a data-chip in return also rewards you with 5 Romulan Marks.
Empire Veteran
# 8
07-02-2013, 07:05 AM
you already can earn fleet marks through doffing. once you reach 100k, everything beyond that can be converted to fleet marks.

HouseOfBeautiful.org | /channel_join House of Beautiful
free t5 access for all!! | /channel_join NoP Public Service
Captain
# 9
07-03-2013, 03:13 AM
The Doff assignments from Tal'Shiar Command Codes that can be found in the lockboxes also reward Romulan marks. IIRC 5 for a success, 25 for a crit alongside a doff and tons of espionage commendation. If you completed the chain, you can run 4 repeatables, every 8 hours for a potential 300 marks a day if you're really lucky.

The assignments don't take up an assignment slot and you can run them as soon as you unlock the doffing system, which means you could have a nice headstart in romulan marks before hitting 50.

The downside is, that each Command Code costs 400k+ EC.