Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Thank god .
You're Welcome my child!
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
07-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnharrisonlol View Post
Looks like I created enough QQ about it to get some attention. Ground pvp community you are welcome!

So now tacts and sci's have an instant clear to these it looks like engy's might be the odd man out!
Tell everyone about the part where you logged out and the DOT stayed on you when you came back in XD
Commander
# 33
07-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Hypos would count towards dispelling it, but probably wouldn't do enough healing on their own to dispel it in one shot. I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to add the healing dispel to it, but it seems like it would be fun in PvP.
Okay. Just a little more clarification. If you implement this.....

So let's say a person uses a self heal hypo and tier 5 Omega heal on themselves. That could dispel it.

Now, what if a medic heals someone. Would that count towards the heal or is only personal heal?
--
Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
Career Officer
# 34
07-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Finally, there's the question of how to counter it when it's used on you. Since it's physical damage, I'm going to tag it so that Biofilter Sweep removes the DoT, but I'm also considering allowing the DoT to be removed by an amount of healing received somewhere between one and two health bars. This gives the doff some counterplay in PvP, allowing the target to react to the ability being used on them.
Somewhere between one and two health bars? Did you consider how this will affect tac vs tac 1on1 then?
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-

Last edited by mikiiy; 07-01-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 35
07-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suuperduude View Post
Okay. Just a little more clarification. If you implement this.....

So let's say a person uses a self heal hypo and tier 5 Omega heal on themselves. That could dispel it.

Now, what if a medic heals someone. Would that count towards the heal or is only personal heal?
The medic healing you would count towards it just as much as you healing yourself would.
Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
Survivor of Romulus
# 36
07-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Quote:
The medic healing you would count towards it just as much as you healing yourself would.
How about lowering the 100% dmg bonus from the doff to.... 10% ? :S
Empire Veteran
# 37
07-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
How about lowering the 100% dmg bonus from the doff to.... 10% ? :S
Naw I want to one shot bosses and players with even more damage than you can now LOL
Career Officer
# 38
07-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Since it's physical damage, I'm going to tag it so that Biofilter Sweep removes the DoT, but I'm also considering allowing the DoT to be removed by an amount of healing received somewhere between one and two health bars. This gives the doff some counterplay in PvP, allowing the target to react to the ability being used on them.
You're making it so only science officers have a viable way to defend from it, which is not good. Everyone else will still get a sure death. Not instant, but they -will- die.

You can -not- avoid an Arcwave or a Lunge. You -can- avoid grenades, or sniper shots. You're making it so if the tac gets close enough for a Lunge or Arcwave, you're done, period. No way to escape. No hypos will save you since it doesn't heal close to one full health bar, let alone two, and they're on a base 30s recharge, which is way longer than the weakest doff duration of 18s.

The difference between the "base Ambush", and the "doff Ambush", is that there are ways to defend from the former from every career in the game. The doff Ambush, on the other hand, does PHYSICAL damage, which basically negates Engineers' shield-based defenses. Tacs will have a hard time with hypos for the reasons outlined above, and Scis will be the only ones capable of withstanding it.

I understand you made the DoT physical so it is viable against the Borg, who do not adapt to it or kinetic damage. But this was made without little consideration to PvP, where physical damage is very strong for its shield-penetrating properties. I'll assume you don't have the tech to make the DoT into an energy type that the Borg can't adapt to.

Please take into account you can slot THREE of those doffs. A skilled base Ambush gives a 150% bonus. A doff Ambush should NOT give 600% bonus, even as a DoT, and let alone be physical damage. You're giving a single ability way too many reliable advantages.

Suggestions:

- substantially decrease the damage bonus per doff - think of the 3x edge cases!

- increase the DoT duration (doing less damage per tick) so hypos can actually do something against it

- change the damage type from PHYSICAL to KINETIC; it's still usable against the Borg, and kinetic damage has less shield penetration, giving Engineers a better chance to withstand it, and more uses to Shield Charges.
Career Officer
# 39
07-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Hey all,

A couple things - looks like there's definitely a weird edge case with this Doff and Plasma Grenade - Something about the way it's calculating damage or attaching stacks of damage is off. I'm looking into this. Also, in all cases, the DoT is double-dipping off of damage buffs, which I will also fix - since its damage is based off of the (post-multiplication) damage of your initial attack, there's no justification for the DoT to then get multiplied by your bonuses as well.
Not sure if you count skill points towards "buffs" but if you speak just about buffs.. the issue really is... if i as tac buff just this ambush (with 3 blue doffs up) and zero other buffs and hit an opponent ONCE with a shotgun the opponent will take 3x100 dmg per tick of the dot (assuming i was in aim mode) or 3x85 dmg (assuming i was even standing) which means the opponent is done after the 2nd tick.

This means in a tac vs tac 1on1 fight hitting the opponent ONCE (assuming battle strat is on cooldown) will be a fight-decider... and tbh thats just totally wrong, so you need to imo fix much more with that than just taking buffs out.

The doff should probably be limited to only one of its kind or its dmg should be reduced, 100% x 3 is just way to much.. unless the plan was to create a must-have doff and make any other doff obsolete as tac.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-

Last edited by mikiiy; 07-01-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Career Officer
# 40
07-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Ahhh, this explains what I was referring to in my thread...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=774831