Career Officer
# 41
07-01-2013, 05:50 PM
I am thinking about a 35% bonus per doff.

3x 35 = 105%, which is about 300% Ambush bonus (up from original 150%).

That would be a good start IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Tell everyone about the part where you logged out and the DOT stayed on you when you came back in XD
Tell everyone about the part where your fleet is filled with noob exploiters and always gets their a$$es handed to them by legit premades cupcake!

Last edited by johnharrisonlol; 07-01-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 43
07-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnharrisonlol View Post
Tell everyone about the part where your fleet is filled with noob exploiters and always gets their a$$es handed to them by legit premades cupcake!
Still waiting on your premade sweetheart
Lt. Commander
# 44
07-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Still waiting on your premade sweetheart
I don't build premades I already did you kids with hammer and a few select times with fs

Ask doc who is on your ts3 with you guys now selling out. he knows what I helped hammer do to you.
Captain
# 45
07-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Hey all,

A couple things - looks like there's definitely a weird edge case with this Doff and Plasma Grenade - Something about the way it's calculating damage or attaching stacks of damage is off. I'm looking into this. Also, in all cases, the DoT is double-dipping off of damage buffs, which I will also fix - since its damage is based off of the (post-multiplication) damage of your initial attack, there's no justification for the DoT to then get multiplied by your bonuses as well.

Finally, there's the question of how to counter it when it's used on you. Since it's physical damage, I'm going to tag it so that Biofilter Sweep removes the DoT, but I'm also considering allowing the DoT to be removed by an amount of healing received somewhere between one and two health bars. This gives the doff some counterplay in PvP, allowing the target to react to the ability being used on them.
Thanks for looking into this. Is there any chance we could see a nerf in the extra damage dealt? +300% shield penetrating damage is a bit extreme even with counters. Perhaps +25% more damage per duty officer rather than +100%. The shield ignore is particularly harmful to engineers, as they rely on shield tanking to survive. Adding a cleanser to shield recharge, quick fix, and equipment diagnostics should help them out significantly.
Lt. Commander
# 46
07-01-2013, 06:36 PM
See now the ground community will bare witness to the snb doff fiasco. Where it has to get nerfed multiple times to finally get it right. Just a testament to how hard this games pvp fails. It's quite a shame we were so close to good ground balance. But it's too late to close the pandora's box now just lke with the snb doffs.

Last edited by johnharrisonlol; 07-01-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Lieutenant
# 47
07-01-2013, 07:46 PM
This is a thread about community concerns. I am not participating in any poltical stuff.
Doc of Hammer
Lt. Commander
# 48
07-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdoc View Post
This is a thread about community concerns. I am not participating in any poltical stuff.
You don't have to they and you guys know whats up
Career Officer
# 49
07-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Another suggestion.

Decrease substantially or completely floor the damage variation of the DoT, to avoid unexpected high damage spikes.
Lt. Commander
# 50
07-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk79 View Post
Another suggestion.

Decrease substantially or completely floor the damage variation of the DoT, to avoid unexpected high damage spikes.
Yeah, why dont you all just remove any Tac officers ability to carry weapons?

This is why i NEVER ground pvp, tac officers was too dang squishy on ground, engineers and sci offers wailing on me and i just die, while the engineer can stand there and get wailed on and nothing happens, the sci can stand there and dish out heals, the tac officer?

Well the Tac officer dies, a lot.

Now the only decent damage maker we have now got is getting nerfed... by the wails and screams of the tanky eng and sci classes... before long the tac officers will be back to the same as before...tac officers who do little to no damage against eng and sci.

Thank you all for letting me continue to ignore ground pvp, i'll stick with space pvp, at least us tac officers still have a chance up there.