Rihannsu
# 11
07-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingtarg View Post
The next Batman should be Terry McGinnis.

Oh the things I would do to have a good live action Batman Beyond movie...
Agreed. Here's an idea, the next Justice League movie should be the Justice League from the Batman Beyond future.

So Terry as Batman, with Wayne in the background

Superman as still there, because, well, you know what they say about Superman.

Hawkman, son of one ofthe Green Lanterns and Hawk-girl (Man you should have seen his face when he saw the egg...)

New Green Lantern (always wondered the story behind the Budda kid)

Aqua girl (excpet not as dreamy please)

And a Wonder Woman replacement (I didn't really like the brawler they had in the cartoon)
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Captain
# 12
07-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyvulcan View Post
I think the entire movie should be from Gordon's perspective.

Never show Batman as anything but Batman. Never show him sitting alone as Bruce Wayne or doing all the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Present him, start to finish, as he would be perceived by Gordon and by Gotham City.

It's not like the audience doesn't know his backstory. So let them have some wink-wink moments involving Bruce Wayne, but never just show it outright.

And maybe let Gordon figure it out, but decide to never mention it, even to Batman.

I think it would be neat to show Batman as the mysterious figure he is in the eyes of Gotham.
Interesting idea, you present.

You know, that might be an interesting take for a TV show. Sort of a C.O.P.S in Gotham or Gotham Hill Street Blues showing the police as competent under Gordon, but out of their league on an increasing number of cases, and showing their various opinions on the equally increasing weird sightings of a giant bat at crime scenes. Introduce Batman gradually, leave tension as to just when he'd suddenly appear or disappear. Meantime, the Gang Task Force is trying to make a dent in Falconi's operations and build evidence for Cobblepot's ties to organized crime, patrol officers are answering seemingly prank calls about a giant gator coming up from the sewers, and the Major Case Squad is growing more desperate to solve increasingly difficult crime scene riddles and fearing their author might be gradually escalating from bored thief to something much more fearsome.
Career Officer
# 13
07-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:

Just google Batman Beyond and I'm sure you'll like the first few images. There's apparently a Nolan design and one done by a fan that both look wicked.
Commander
# 14
07-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:

Oh hells yes...

I'd be happy if it was an animated BB movie But a live action one could be cool. They just need to sit everyone down to watch Blade Runner in order to get the future Gotham setting right... (and also for just generally being awesome and required viewing.)
# 15
07-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Too soon if you ask me...

I do agree it should be a dark film but the question you have to ask is will you do the origin story again?

Who will the film's villain be?

What will the themes be?

What I would not mind seeing is a deeper look at Bruce Wayne/Batman's psyche and perhaps a look at his detective work... Go with the realistic look but have it very different than the Nolan films. Yes I am against that idea. It is done leave it alone no need to tarnish it. Batman Beyond film? Maybe but I think later down the road as a new trilogy after one set of films.

What graphic novels should we borrow from?

If this is going to be a new film why not borrow from Year One and do a bit different things.. Before you say Batman Begins, I will say this. How about this. Batman trying to be Batman and learning each step of the way.
Career Officer
# 16
07-01-2013, 04:36 PM
I think the most impressive writing Ive seen for Batman show was in the animated series in the 90's, ive never been a big batman fan, but i have to admit, most of those episodes where really good, they wherent just your common hero vs villain they had a lot of effort into thier storys and buildups, if only they had better artists.

But the best artwork/look/environment they ever came up for this was in Arkham Asylum. So why not bring back those writers and make it CGI? Batman was supposed to be terrifying to his enemies, and troubled in his mind...he could have just as easily been one of the villains of Gotham city. You could seen this in the way they portrayed him in Arkham Asylum, just like the rest of the characters in the game...it fit them perfectly. Gotham is supposed to be dark not neat and clean like the Adam West one, that batman wouldnt make it out alive in a common big city street.

have a look for yourself... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7LmQQcYYMg
Current state of STO "video link"

How Picard dealt with ARC!
Career Officer
# 17
07-01-2013, 04:57 PM
I myself am not too familiar with Batman Beyond. I have it ready to watch on Netflix though. Im all for Batman in any era as long as its done right. And as long as its set within the universe that Man of Steel is creating.

Joseph Gordon Levitt could play that Batman
Captain
# 18
07-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:

I loved Beyond! Just a very cool show even with the giant cell phones in the future. A BB movie couldbe good.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR