Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward > Captain's Table (RP)
Login

Captain
# 81
06-29-2013, 08:09 PM
*Z-6 Sector. Several strange inactive satellites float in a formation in space between the stars. Close by, space is distorted as the dim outline of the U.S.S. Black Phantom decloaks. It moves at one half impulse to each satellite and transmits a code, causing them one by one to turn on. When the last is activated, they all flash as a massive cloaking field is disengaged. In total darkness, only the blotting out of stars reveals the presence of a lone and mysterious drydock.*

Voporak: There it is.

Mirra: Still the same as you left it, absolutely everything powered down. There is not even any antimatter in the warp core.

Voporak: Good. It's time to wake her up. You have the bridge.

*Voporak gets up and goes to the turbolift*

Deck 5.

*In the shuttlebay at the bottom of the ship, Voporak walks in wearing his custom designed armor suit and carrying the helmet. It used to be a standard MACO suit, but is now very heavily modified and acts also for EVA protection.*

Voporak: Open the door.

*The circular bay door in the center of the room's floor pulls apart, and through the forcefield the giant, dark shape can be seen just about 100 feet below.*

Ready to go.

Shuttlebay Officer: Good luck, sir.

*Voporak puts on and locks his helmet and steps onto the forcefield. He activates his shoulder thrusters, which propel him out of the bay and down towards the object. Above him, Voporak can see the flashing lights of the ship, and below him a shadow coming closer. As he touches down, Voporak activates the magnetic boots which hold him onto the hard metallic surface. Looking at the built in tricorder on his wrist, he slowly makes his way to a certain spot. Voporak bends down and finds a small hole in the surface. He takes out of his suit a small piece of tritanium attached to a power cell. Voporak plugs it into the hole, which fits the piece perfectly, and the cell activates. The tiny battery is just enough to bring alive the long unused circuits and conduits of the dark thing. Far off, Voporak can see lights come online in pairs, illuminating two warp nacelles. As more light up, the stardrive's outline can be seen. Finally, a huge saucer section appears in space. Standing on top of the glowing bridge, Voporak watches the frontal floodlight reveal a name and registry: U.S.S. Dreadnought NX-92974.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Imperfection - a prequel to Ashkrik23's Perfection
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
# 82
06-30-2013, 02:09 AM
[Earth Spacedock, Sol System]

*Earth, the homeworld of humanity, the very heart of the United Federation of planets and to some a coveted prize to be conquered. With the familiar hum of the transporter and flickering of blue light as his molecules arranged themselves in the proper order, Kyle transferred over from the Excalibur to the massive space station. After the transporter process had finished, he stepped off of the pad and gave the transporter officers a small nod in thanks before heading out into the busy corridor and then followed it to Club 47. As he approached the club, he could hear the muffled sound of the usual deafening music that played inside, the reason why his contact had chosen such a place to meet became apparent when he entered and his ears were assaulted by the music, no one would be able to hear them if they began a conversation and it would look less suspicious if they were in a public area. Approaching the bar at the back of the club, he saw his contact sitting at one of the tables closest to the back and took a seat opposite him.*

Franklin Drake: Does anyone know about our meeting?

Kyle: No and I thought I told you I didn't want anything more to do with Section 31.

Franklin Drake: It's not as simple as you think. One does not just walk away from our organisation.

*Kyle glared at the man.*

Kyle: What is it that you want Drake?

Franklin Drake: Here.

*The Section 31 operative slid a PADD to the starship captain*

Franklin Drake: Even though your little...'jaunt' back home managed to disrupt the operations of the Orion Syndicate and stopped them from distributing faulty personal shield generators, it would appear that they've managed to re-establish themselves and this time they've not only have they moved their operations but have gone to the trouble of hiring more muscle and putting advanced security measures in place.

Kyle: And your hoping that I will take this 'assignment' of yours? Let the proper authorities deal with it.

Franklin Drake: Please! You and I both know that some authorities tend to be on the Syndicate's payroll or are being threatened with blackmail or through physical means and I know that isn't something you will ignore because once they start on personal shields, they'll go to weapons, then to medical stores, anything that they can get their dirty fingers on.

*The brunette looked at the scarred man carefully and reluctantly snatched up the PADD with one had, proving that Franklin Drake had indeed pegged him for someone that cannot just turn a blind eye to the obvious.*

Franklin Drake: I look forward to seeing your results captain.

*The man said confidently before disappearing into the crowd, leaving Kyle to scrutinize over the information in the PADD.*

Kyle: Locke to Excalibur.

*He tapped his combadge.*

Jasmine: Excalibur here, what is it captain?

Kyle: Starfleet Intelligence requires me to do a mission for them so I am taking the Warrego.

Jasmine: Sir?

Kyle: Don't ask questions commander. All information about the mission is classified.

Jasmine: Yes sir. We'll have it ready for you when you arrive.

Kyle: Good, Locke out.

*He tapped his combadge again and closed the channel between him and Jasmine. He got up from his seat and exited the club. While this was a mission given to him by Section 31, it was also a personal one because it was his farther's investigation into the Syndicate on New Sydney had that gotten him killed and just remembering that made him angry enough to forget everything that is expected of a Starfleet officer.*

Kyle: Time to make them pay.
"I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105

Last edited by kylelocke; 06-30-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 83
06-30-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlafrance View Post
Wil: Sir, as I recall, the Lieutenant was rendered unconscious shortly after the particle containment field collapsed. I guess as the particle beings spread throughout the ship, some of them must have got caught in Shrod's body, like flies in a web. Though, none of the other officers with him were affected. Only Shrod. Any ideas?
Soval: Unfortunately not. As you say, no one else suffered this phenomenon. FOr now, we will have to hope we can find our own answers.
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Lieutenant
# 84
06-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Soval: Unfortunately not. As you say, no one else suffered this phenomenon. FOr now, we will have to hope we can find our own answers.
Wil: Well I doubt we'll find these answers by ourselves. I suggest all the senior staff be assembled. We'll need as many heads working on this as we can.

"There are three things to remember about being a starship captain:
keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
# 85
07-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Wil: Well I doubt we'll find these answers by ourselves. I suggest all the senior staff be assembled. We'll need as many heads working on this as we can.
Soval: Agreed.

*He taps his combadge.*

All Senior Staff, please report to the Observation Lounge.

*5 minutes later, the Senior Staff are assembled in the Observation Lounge in front of the Bridge. Soval is sitting at the head of the table with T'las and Sylix flanking him around each corner.*

Soval: The question of whether we should aid the alien must take a side seat for the moment. Our first priority must be how to aid the alien without injury to Lieutenant Shrod.

*The Klingon Tactical Officer turns his head and speaks up.*

B'o'juk: The alien has given us an ultimatum - assist or die. It's hostility towards us is clear. Shouldn't our own defence be paramount?

T'las: B'o'juk, from its perspective we attacked it.

Soval: The Lieutenant makes an excellent point though; what do we do if we cannot aid this creature? Do we destroy it to protect ourselves?

B'o'juk: Yes.

Sylix: Unfortunately, I must concur.

Soval: So we condemn both Lieutenant Shrod and the alien to death?

*A moment of silence passes as the crew contemplates the prospect.*

Now that we're less rooted in our own complacency, how would we go about liberating the alien from Shrod's body?

Gardra: We didn't detect it until observing that its brain patterns were different to Shrod's. That suggests a telepathic relationship between the two.

Soval: Go on, Commander.

Gardra: Well, whatever way you look at it, our thoughts are just a series of bio-electrical impulses sent along a chemical transmission path to different areas of the brain. If we were to ascertain the difference between the alien's thought patterns and the lieutenant's...

Soval: And since particles contain an ionic charge, theoretically we should be able to force the two patterns to separate. Fascinating.

T'las: I'll have Starfleet Medical send us Lieutenant Shrod's EEG readings from his last medical.

Soval: Commander Gardra, I want a method to carrying out your plan ready by the time we arrive at our destination.

Gardra: Aye sir.

Soval: Ensign Wil, your opinion?
My Fan Fictions

Lieutenant
# 86
07-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Soval: Agreed.

*He taps his combadge.*

All Senior Staff, please report to the Observation Lounge.

*5 minutes later, the Senior Staff are assembled in the Observation Lounge in front of the Bridge. Soval is sitting at the head of the table with T'las and Sylix flanking him around each corner.*

Soval: The question of whether we should aid the alien must take a side seat for the moment. Our first priority must be how to aid the alien without injury to Lieutenant Shrod.

*The Klingon Tactical Officer turns his head and speaks up.*

B'o'juk: The alien has given us an ultimatum - assist or die. It's hostility towards us is clear. Shouldn't our own defence be paramount?

T'las: B'o'juk, from its perspective we attacked it.

Soval: The Lieutenant makes an excellent point though; what do we do if we cannot aid this creature? Do we destroy it to protect ourselves?

B'o'juk: Yes.

Sylix: Unfortunately, I must concur.

Soval: So we condemn both Lieutenant Shrod and the alien to death?

*A moment of silence passes as the crew contemplates the prospect.*

Now that we're less rooted in our own complacency, how would we go about liberating the alien from Shrod's body?

Gardra: We didn't detect it until observing that its brain patterns were different to Shrod's. That suggests a telepathic relationship between the two.

Soval: Go on, Commander.

Gardra: Well, whatever way you look at it, our thoughts are just a series of bio-electrical impulses sent along a chemical transmission path to different areas of the brain. If we were to ascertain the difference between the alien's thought patterns and the lieutenant's...

Soval: And since particles contain an ionic charge, theoretically we should be able to force the two patterns to separate. Fascinating.

T'las: I'll have Starfleet Medical send us Lieutenant Shrod's EEG readings from his last medical.

Soval: Commander Gardra, I want a method to carrying out your plan ready by the time we arrive at our destination.

Gardra: Aye sir.

Soval: Ensign Wil, your opinion?
*Wil looked around the room and saw all eyes focused on him. He wasn't expecting to have any input. It might've been the crimson uniform, but he could barely follow the conversation at all about brain functions. He sat forward in his chair.*

Wil: Lieutenant Shrod... Is someone I greatly admire... I look up to him. While serving aboard the Vancouver, he took me under his wing and set the example of what it is to be a Starfleet officer. I would hate to lose him, and if there was a chance to bring him back, no matter how slight... I'd take it... However... Of all the things I learned from him, one that sticks out above all others is that being a Starfleet officer comes with a risk that we must be prepared to face. A risk that lingers in the backs of our minds when we wake up in the morning... There may come a time when we will have to pay the ultimate price, and by doing so, we will ensure that our friends and families at home, those who don't live with that risk in mind, will not have to.
If we come to a point where we must make a difficult decision, if there's absolutely no other way to free the particle entities, we must remember that, like all of us, Shrod is prepared for the most drastic of sacrifices. If it would mean saving countless lives from a war against an opponent we can't see or even scan, he would not hesitate to do it. Besides, I certainly don't have to remind you of our sentiment towards the needs of the many.

"There are three things to remember about being a starship captain:
keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
# 87
07-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
*Wil looked around the room and saw all eyes focused on him. He wasn't expecting to have any input. It might've been the crimson uniform, but he could barely follow the conversation at all about brain functions. He sat forward in his chair.*

Wil: Lieutenant Shrod... Is someone I greatly admire... I look up to him. While serving aboard the Vancouver, he took me under his wing and set the example of what it is to be a Starfleet officer. I would hate to lose him, and if there was a chance to bring him back, no matter how slight... I'd take it... However... Of all the things I learned from him, one that sticks out above all others is that being a Starfleet officer comes with a risk that we must be prepared to face. A risk that lingers in the backs of our minds when we wake up in the morning... There may come a time when we will have to pay the ultimate price, and by doing so, we will ensure that our friends and families at home, those who don't live with that risk in mind, will not have to.
If we come to a point where we must make a difficult decision, if there's absolutely no other way to free the particle entities, we must remember that, like all of us, Shrod is prepared for the most drastic of sacrifices. If it would mean saving countless lives from a war against an opponent we can't see or even scan, he would not hesitate to do it. Besides, I certainly don't have to remind you of our sentiment towards the needs of the many.
Soval: Agreed. Well said, ensign.

Well, if there is nothing else...?

Then dismissed.

*Earth, Sol System. U.S.S. Victorious, Bridge. Lieutenant Commander Elizabeth Dannover, also known as Six of Twelve, as working at the Bridge Engineering Station when she starts to get a headache, hearing what sounds like a mechanical whir in her head, along with a frightening chorus of voices.*

Voice 1: Find us.

Voice 2: Find us.

Voice 3: Join us.

*The chorus is continually drilling into her skull until she feels a hand on her shoulder.*

Ryan: Commander?

*She snaps around, gasping from fright, before calming herself down and panting slightly. Ryan looks at his Chief Engineer with concern.*

Are you okay?

Six: Yeah, sure.

...no.

Ryan: Commander, my Ready Room.

Wenj, you have the Bridge.

Wenj: Aye, sir.

*Ryan leads the liberated Borg Engineer into the Ready Room, sitting behind his desk upon entry.*

Ryan: Computer, seal entrances.

*He looks at Six, concern highlighting his face.*

What's wrong?

Six: I... I'm hearing voices.

Ryan: Voices?

Could your implants be malfunctioning?

Six: That's just the thing. It's not background collective transmission - it was deliberately provoked.

*He looks at his screen, displaying a Starfleet daily status report.*

It was--

Ryan: Don't tell me - "like something like the Borg was drumming inside your brain, calling you like the Borg, only not Borg"?

Six: How did you...?

Ryan: Fleet-wide bulletin. Nearly every former Borg Officer in the fleet is in the same boat as you.

Six: Well... that's quite a coincidence.

Ryan: Yes... it is. Precisely why I doubt it is coincidence.

Computer, connect to Admiral Quinn, Starfleet Command, Starbase 1.

Computer: Stand by.

*Within seconds, Admiral Quinn appears on Ryan's console.*

Ryan: Admiral.

Quinn: Captain Allington. What can I do for you?

Ryan: I just recieved a report from my Chief Engineer that she's been hearing voices from her Borg implants.

Quinn: Did someone organise a convention without telling me?

Ryan: The Victorious can be ready to investigate within the hour.

*Quinn sits there in thought for a few moments before turning back to him.*

Quinn: Very well. Godspeed, Captain.

Ryan: Thank you sir.

Quinn: Quinn out.

*The screen deactivates.*

Ryan: I'd ask you to give directions...

*He looks up at Six.*

But, honestly, I don't think you need to push it.

Six: It's okay, sir. I know where to look.

It's somewhere near the Haakona Sector.

Ryan: Alright. Get some rest, Six.
My Fan Fictions

Ensign
# 88
07-02-2013, 08:58 AM
I know this might not be the place to ask but i have downloaded star trek online and been playing i singed out last night and now i cant get back in game to play will u help me please karlalowry2012@hotmail.com thanks
Ensign
# 89 File Record
07-03-2013, 01:52 PM
United Fedration Of Planets

Starfleet Records
File Title : Sodin Solong Ram File ID :1105330
File Loading..............
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vice Admiral Sodin S. Ram was born in a small town in Pella, located in the district of Central Macedonia, on the northern part of Greece, under the name Edessa. His father, was Starfleet Captain Solong Ram, Captain of the U.S.S. Pella, who became famous in his encounters with the Borg Collective, and was killed after putting his ship in a colliding course with the Borg Queen Octaherdon, after evacuating the ship's crew, and had to do it manually since the ship's auto pilot had been disabled, apparently a week before the encounter. His actions, allowed enough time for the remaining ships to escape the Borg forces and also killing the Borg Queen, at the Ambush on Hotep IV, making the battle a phyrric victory for the Federation, because despite their losses, the loss of their Queen, forced the Borg to abandon their current position and regroup.

At the age of eighteen , Sodin Ram decided to join Starfleet and after 5 years of extensive tactical training, he became a first officer, and latter the captain of the ship he would name U.S.S Ambassador after his superior was killed in Ram's first encounter with the Borg, the species that killed his father. Later on, Ram advanced relatively quickly among ranks, and had taken place in the Klingon Front and against the Romulan Star Empire, and took part in the skirmishes over Deep Space 9 Station. Afterwards he took part against the Breen, the Borg Collective and the Undine, also known as Species 8472. Currently he operates within the Omega Force,taking once again arms against the Borg Collective*.

While he's been criticised by other officers, thanks to his - sometimes - unorthodox techiques, and a extensive like on females, Vice Admiral Ram is one of the most efficent Captains on Starfleet, with a considerable ammount of commendations, and, as some should say, trained to "perfection", in Hand to Hand Combat and Battle Strattegies, as well in Guerrilla tactics, and is one of the most accurate sharpshooters in Starfleet.

It's also interesting that after Ram named his second ship U.S.S. Phoenix, he kept his two first ships names, and named his other ships in the current system:

U.S.S Ambassador U.S.S. Phoenix U.S.S. Ambassador II U.S.S Phoenix II U.S.S. Ambassador III but named his last ship U.S.S. Alliance.

Sodin Ram has been engaged to one of his Bridge Officers, Nora Matthews, since December 16 2209**.

Notes: * ** Subject to change.

END OF FILE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok took me some time to write it. I wrote this first on the WordPad but when I pasted it, some words got unbolded so I just did the important stuff. Hope it looks fine. I'll come with Klingon and Romulan posts. Maybe a Cardassian one too.
Captain
# 90
07-03-2013, 02:41 PM
OOC: Ram rammed the Borg Queen... that was funny. Anyway, nice post.

*The Odyssey class U.S.S. Dreadnought warps through space towards the Sol system. Voporak is in his ready room, recording a voice message.*

Voporak: Greetings, Vice Admiral. It was a pleasure meeting you at the Vancouver, as you appear to be a fine officer. But let's get to the point. I know that you realize there is something different about my ship. Your sensors did not lie to you on that day. I am en route to Earth right now, and I invite you to board my ship and I will explain further. Have a nice day.

Computer, transmit message to the U.S.S. Bunker Hill.

Computer: Message sent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Imperfection - a prequel to Ashkrik23's Perfection
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)