Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Ensign
# 81
07-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Lately, I've been getting insta-gibbed by isometric charge, sometimes for 80-90k damage. How exactly do you counter that? Even if they're presumably using maxed particle gens, that's just ONE single universal console! I'm an engie running an aux2bat JHEC usually, i have no trouble fighting 3+ people at a time in Ker'rat for extended periods, but to be killed by cheese like that is extremely frustrating - to say nothing about the stupid delay when it comes to activating abilities (which is altogether negated by a certain *~TOOL~*, but i won't name names), making it that much harder to react and fight back.

It's just like with nukara mines, being insta-gibbed from 100% to 0% in the span of a few seconds with no chance to react is, frankly, not fun. And it's rampant. That's my 2 cents on the state of PvP in this game as a relative newcomer to kerrat and queue pugging, for what it's worth. It hasn't left a great impression so far.

Last edited by icesperg; 07-01-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Ensign
# 82
07-01-2013, 09:08 PM
I keep hearing how PVP is suffering so I decided to join a fleet mate who PVP's and do a run. I'm not great but I did "ok" for a first time. Instead of getting any constructive criticism or help I get a team message that my ship sucks. Wow makes me want to help build up PVP...not. I can take criticism if it's helpful. I have 5 tier 5 Zen store ships/lockbox. I could be good at it if only the people playing, and I am generalizing here; were a little more easy going. Any way I'm sure I catch flak for saying that....
Career Officer
# 83
07-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corseau View Post
I keep hearing how PVP is suffering so I decided to join a fleet mate who PVP's and do a run. I'm not great but I did "ok" for a first time. Instead of getting any constructive criticism or help I get a team message that my ship sucks. Wow makes me want to help build up PVP...not. I can take criticism if it's helpful. I have 5 tier 5 Zen store ships/lockbox. I could be good at it if only the people playing, and I am generalizing here; were a little more easy going. Any way I'm sure I catch flak for saying that....
Ask in /channel_join OrganizedPVP

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 84
07-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corseau View Post

There are always going to be some rotten apples, don't let it get you down.

As snooge00f said, join OrganizedPvP and ask your questions there.

Just be open to trying new things, hearing different bits of advice, testing stuff out for yourself and making your own decision.

Captain
# 85
07-02-2013, 05:19 AM
I had gotten pretty good at surviving Alphas from decloaking BOP's and killing them before they could cloak and run.
Now they are using a new trick and was wondering if someone could let me know how they are doing it.
Right before they decloak or as they decloak they are hitting with something that is knocking all systems off-line.
Its not sending my Boff abilities into cooldown, it is making all the skills go dark for about 5 seconds so there is no possible way to defend or activate any ability.
And I had this attack is comming from a Tac captian so its not a subnuke.
Is it VM? my ship is not turning purple.
There is a crashing/thunder noise before it hits, then all Boff stations go dark and the icons for Boff abilities disappear.
I dont know if this is something new that came with the new Doffs or some Nukera T5 reputation ability or what.
But all the crying about Nerfing the Web mines or the new Scimitar is nothing if Feds can no longer defend themselvs from the decloaking alpha. Before you would hear the sound of the alpha buffing up and had time to hit TT, and TSS ot TT and EPTE and move out of the way. There were a number of thing to defend from it. Now you are dead in the water with no ability to do anything, Just a sitting duck. If anyone know what this ability is let me know.
Empire Veteran
# 86
07-02-2013, 05:44 AM
Its an old tactic, not a new one.
Sounds like the PSW decloak alpha attack.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 87
07-02-2013, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Its an old tactic, not a new one.
Sounds like the PSW decloak alpha attack.
I have been on the end of them before and never had it make my ship go dark before. I wonder if the new Romulan Doffs are adding something to it? Or perhaps the players that have used it on me before were not lucky enough to have it take all systems offline. IDK

Last edited by redsnake721; 07-02-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Career Officer
# 88
07-02-2013, 07:45 AM
last night there was a tvaro in capture and hold, all night long, who ocould see my bird of prey when it was cloaked. it would shoot bio neural warheads at me that would also chase me down, he wasnt using scan. I have a sci that runs around with 130 aux and full points in sensors, and I cant see a cloaking romulan 2 feet in front of me. However, I can pick a klingon out of the sky with a tractor beam.

This is why I dont like pvp anymore. My main and (former) favorite toon had been reduced to rubbish next to any romulan with no skill, played by someone who will stay in cloak the whole match and bite my ankles until I die. Someone who can go into immortal mode against anything but a coordinated team with scans and subnukes, while my bop cant.