Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,047
The incredible Romulan Dreadnought Warbirds are now available in the C-Store as a single or bundle purchase!


Read more about them in this Dev Blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,391
# 2
07-02-2013, 12:50 PM
I hope that thalaron generator is balanced and arn't the Feds and KDF agaisnt this as a faction.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 195
# 3
07-02-2013, 02:45 PM
It is a very good and fun ship. But I haven't put it through Borg elite STFS yet.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 174
# 4
07-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
I hope that thalaron generator is balanced and arn't the Feds and KDF agaisnt this as a faction.
It takes quite a while to charge up, so it's not really suitable for PvP, Buffed with an Engineer using EPS Transfer and Tac Team it only took about half of a Tactical Escorts hull while he was buffing when I took it into a challenge match to test. So, it's not OP, you'd have to hold the target in a tractor, activate it, and hope someone else tractors them to keep em in place. Beyond that though, the radiation cloud does negligible damage from what I saw, though the radiation proc of a successful hit will do another 15k or so damage if not cleared.

That said I am disappointed in the interior, it's accurate, but it's just two rooms. It wouldn't have been hard to put a turbolift behind the door in the rear of the Thalaron room that leads to the other decks. I mean for 25-50 dollars? (75 if one at a time) it's not so much to ask to add that turbolift.

We have nothing. Nothing but our anger. We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!

Last edited by alastorforthrigh; 07-02-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 5
07-02-2013, 03:11 PM
So I guess we'll be seeing a ton of people flying these now? This is one of the things that really makes this game lose a sense of immersion. It would be nice to think that the high end ships like Odyssey, Bortas and all those were harder to come by than just throwing money at the company or being thrown a new ship when you level up.

It would be great to have a sense of accomplishment when getting a better ship, so when you see someone flying a Galaxy, Ody, Scimitar or anything like that, you would think, "Wow they must have worked hard to get that".

Still, it looks like they are at least keeping these new ships balanced. I got to say that the ship does look very impressive, good job Cryptic.


"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 631
# 6
07-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nierion View Post
It would be great to have a sense of accomplishment when getting a better ship, so when you see someone flying a Galaxy, Ody, Scimitar or anything like that, you would think, "Wow they must have worked hard to get that".
you never know, they may have saved up dilithium for the Zen, there are people who do it.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 896
# 7
07-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nierion View Post
So I guess we'll be seeing a ton of people flying these now? This is one of the things that really makes this game lose a sense of immersion. It would be nice to think that the high end ships like Odyssey, Bortas and all those were harder to come by than just throwing money at the company or being thrown a new ship when you level up.

It would be great to have a sense of accomplishment when getting a better ship, so when you see someone flying a Galaxy, Ody, Scimitar or anything like that, you would think, "Wow they must have worked hard to get that".

Still, it looks like they are at least keeping these new ships balanced. I got to say that the ship does look very impressive, good job Cryptic.
Agreed.

The easy availability of new, powerful stuff is one of the contributing factors to the decline of this game and the reality that we're constantly burning through content; it's all paid for at the click of a button as opposed to earned. When they stop handing everything out at the price of a few hours work and start putting it at the end of meaningful content (read: not at the end of a menu grind), people will start to find value in their ownership and experience in STO.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,224
# 8
07-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Cool I'm sure many will be buying and trying them out. I won't get mine til I get up to level on my Romulan. So that will be a while from now. By then the newness will wear out. And many will go back to some other ship. Plus I have 2 other Romulan ships to buy first.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 972
# 9
07-02-2013, 05:02 PM
my only complaint is ONE hanger?

why does every other dreadnough, carrier, get 2 and the scimitar only gets 1?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 143
# 10
07-02-2013, 05:08 PM
yeah at these prices...how come we arent getting full Interiors. Vesta, odyssey, bortas packs all got full interiors....what gives?
Join Date. Dec 2007
The Original Novastar
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 AM.