Captain
# 11
07-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Dreadnought Warbirds look ridiculously massive. Someone transwarped right above my location, and I could not see the surrounding area. My whole screen got blocked.
Ensign
# 12
07-02-2013, 10:13 PM
When you compare these ships with d'deridex, they are way overpowerd.
They even turn better and are at least duble in size.
They are better in every way than d'deridex,
I am very disappointed, d'deridex is peace of s......t
Captain
# 13
07-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0vastarone View Post
yeah at these prices...how come we arent getting full Interiors. Vesta, odyssey, bortas packs all got full interiors....what gives?
No it didn't. Besta got no interior at all, just standard bridges. And honestly? One or two room bridges are better: No hiking around a map to get where you need to be. The harder they try, the dumber it looks.
Commander
# 14
07-02-2013, 11:49 PM
So, now that the scimitar is out, what's next? Founder's of the Federation pack, yes?
Captain
# 15
07-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronh42 View Post
So, now that the scimitar is out, what's next? Founder's of the Federation pack, yes?
Well since we have Vulcan ships and adorian ships the only ones left would be tellerite ships
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Commander
# 16
07-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Well since we have Vulcan ships and adorian ships the only ones left would be tellerite ships
It's been a while but I believe the Founders of the Federation bundle was going to include all new ships.
Career Officer
# 17
07-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stomperx99 View Post
It is a very good and fun ship. But I haven't put it through Borg elite STFS yet.
As I assumed would happen, wound up in an STF earlier that consisted of myself (sci, using a sci-orientated Vesta), a D'Deridex and three Scimitars.

As also assumed, at least one of those Scimitars was, judging by the unrepaired damage, owned by someone who thought that buying a $50 ship = instant 'I win'. He exploded. Often. The other two were.... okay, although I found myself throwing heals in their direction a few times.

On the flip-side, did a Fleet Alert not too long afterward - there was only one Scimitar in that one, and regardless of the fact that it was only the Tholians that spawned, he made short work of anything that crossed his path.

To be fair I suspect that, for the next few days/week at least, there'll be a lot of players who've only just purchased these ships and are testing them in various STF's etc, and I daresay that the STF I referred to was an example of this (with the exception of the player with lots of unrepaired damage, who had clearly used his at least once prior to said STF).

The adage that says 'it's not the ship, it's the player' definitely applied to those two scenarios.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lieutenant
# 18
07-03-2013, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nierion View Post
So I guess we'll be seeing a ton of people flying these now? This is one of the things that really makes this game lose a sense of immersion. It would be nice to think that the high end ships like Odyssey, Bortas and all those were harder to come by than just throwing money at the company or being thrown a new ship when you level up.

It would be great to have a sense of accomplishment when getting a better ship, so when you see someone flying a Galaxy, Ody, Scimitar or anything like that, you would think, "Wow they must have worked hard to get that".

Still, it looks like they are at least keeping these new ships balanced. I got to say that the ship does look very impressive, good job Cryptic.
I had my fed and kdf collect dilithium and convert to zen since the day they announced the romulan faction to about a week before the faction was released to get the 5000 zen i needed for the 3 pack scimitar. So I believe I earned mine with hard work.
Career Officer
# 19
07-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertuso View Post
I had my fed and kdf collect dilithium and convert to zen since the day they announced the romulan faction to about a week before the faction was released to get the 5000 zen i needed for the 3 pack scimitar. So I believe I earned mine with hard work.
I too have worked hard to get ships. And I'm not just talking about C-Store ships either. I'm talking about the ships that you get given when you rank up as well. I personally feel that the higher end ships, including the ones you get given at 40-50 shouldn't be just dropped in your lap or at least have the option to upgrade your existing ships through a proper upgrade system and not just go out and get a Fleet Ship or be able to throw money at Cryptic and get something easily.

It's that sense of immersion that get's lost when you see everybody flying all these top end ships, as well as other faction ships like the Galor & JHAS. But anyway, I'm not sure on the Scimitar. Sometimes I really miss the P2P model, as opposed to this micro transaction method.

I've heard some people mention there might be a fleet version of this ship, but haven't seen any hard evidence.

"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."

Last edited by nierion; 07-03-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Commander
# 20
07-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
As I assumed would happen, wound up in an STF earlier that consisted of myself (sci, using a sci-orientated Vesta), a D'Deridex and three Scimitars.

As also assumed, at least one of those Scimitars was, judging by the unrepaired damage, owned by someone who thought that buying a $50 ship = instant 'I win'. He exploded. Often. The other two were.... okay, although I found myself throwing heals in their direction a few times.

On the flip-side, did a Fleet Alert not too long afterward - there was only one Scimitar in that one, and regardless of the fact that it was only the Tholians that spawned, he made short work of anything that crossed his path.

To be fair I suspect that, for the next few days/week at least, there'll be a lot of players who've only just purchased these ships and are testing them in various STF's etc, and I daresay that the STF I referred to was an example of this (with the exception of the player with lots of unrepaired damage, who had clearly used his at least once prior to said STF).

The adage that says 'it's not the ship, it's the player' definitely applied to those two scenarios.
You can buy the ships, but you can't buy skill.
Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill