Lt. Commander
# 231 You got that right....!
07-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
BTW, thanks god I work that hard with mine romi to stop the evil tal shiar to develop thelaron weapons..

Federation allied using illegal mass destructions weapons = Ok
Yeah, this console garbage makes a mockery of that whole plot line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
Using bikinis in ESD = Brake the game immersion.

You guys should remove the Star Trek title of this genertic <sic>space game.
It has gotten ridiculous over the past three years. In its current state, I would have to agree that Star Trek Online is far from an immersive "Trek" experience. Even many of the newer missions require you to share a persistent "zone" with the non-Trek "generic space game" players. A name change would be more honest, but, obviously, would cost them the marketing hook of the "Star Trek" tag.

As for the ships, I'm still trying to figure out why the art team mess with the clean lines of canon designs and make them look like something a kindergartener might draw with a crayon. Of course, it's the consoles they're really selling anymore, imho.
Survivor of Romulus
# 232
07-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmundduke View Post
I am also sad that it isn't a full carrier. Gonna wait for a real Carrier myself.
i too was anoyed that it only has 1 hanger it dosent make sense why give the rest of them 2 and scrim only 1
Empire Veteran
# 233
07-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matridunadan1 View Post
This ship is OP regardless of how you try to justify it.
I find this statement funny when you consider that don'tdrunkI'mshoot, an experienced PvPer who's usually first to criticize anything OP, considers this ship to not be too OP or UP

And I'm not just making that up: his post about it is on page 9.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Survivor of Romulus
# 234
07-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Well, I bought the pack. After seeing her in action and talking with my fleetmates, it was a no brainer.

Doubt I will use all three consoles though. I am suitably impressed

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
# 235
07-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
Well, I bought the pack. After seeing her in action and talking with my fleetmates, it was a no brainer.

Doubt I will use all three consoles though. I am suitably impressed
I want to see someone in a fleet sov go 1v1 - anyone you know can film that?
Career Officer
# 236
07-03-2013, 03:30 AM
Thalaron weapons. The energy type that the, "Geneva Convention in Space" didn't like? The same terrible weapon type your own story line had us oppose the Tal Shiar and Obisek for?

Canon is one thing but your inability to deliver a vision consistent with your own continuity is really disappointing.
Lieutenant
# 237
07-03-2013, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horridperson View Post
Thalaron weapons. The energy type that the, "Geneva Convention in Space" didn't like? The same terrible weapon type your own story line had us oppose the Tal Shiar and Obisek for?

Canon is one thing but your inability to deliver a vision consistent with your own continuity is really disappointing.
Maybe you chose to arrest Obisek, but I did not. So who is to say me, or others got closer to obisek then the republic and got the thaleron?

Also, there are romulan players who like to pretend they are the romulan star empire by wearing the talshiar uniform, and have I.R.W. on their ships. So if those players use thaleron, it would be suitable.

so nothing of canon is really affected, unless a player says hes part of the republic and uses the thaleron, but that would be the fault of the player, not the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 238
07-03-2013, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertuso View Post
...Also, there are romulan players who like to pretend they are the romulan star empire by wearing the talshiar uniform, and have I.R.W. on their ships. So if those players use thaleron, it would be suitable.
If the thalaron is availible because it's suitable for players that want to pretend to be in the RSE, maybe then it's suitable for them not to have access to Mol'Rihan, not be able to travel to Sirius, Tau Dewa & Omega Leonis, not to be able to join fleets, PvE, etc.....you get the point.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Career Officer
# 239
07-03-2013, 05:31 AM
Why the T.T or the Whining about it being op? the radiation effect can be easily countered its like plasma just higher damage. Carry a Hazard Emitter!. The rest of the damage is easy use your defensive skills and don't sit still. if its cloaked use a plasma vent or something that has anti cloak or hold in it description. learn to read and quit Q.Q please its not that hard. You can also block a lot of damage but using the right hull plating or Armor and not going and being console heavy in the universal.

Wiki and asking around can get you answers. Its up to you to cry and make lemonade after eating a lemon or squeeze it and sell it. Your Pick!

:This is intended as a informative response not a insult even though i know most will take it either way:
Lt. Commander
# 240
07-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnexus View Post
Well I'm not sure about the numbers but I'm pretty sure no heavy armor/weapon Rom ship kan turn better or faster then Feds streamline designed ship. Just logically thinking about it.

That & as many times as The Federation has beat baq romulan troops. Even in the movie, the reason why it got blown up was bkuz it was to slow. Kouldnt even out maneuver a ramming attack

-V
Um. You must've missed the point where it was going from dead stop, to the side (and forward) while the enterprise was going forward.

All the rest of the scenes it was dancing around the Enterprise E with ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azyurion View Post
How can such a graceful and impressive canon design, like the Scimitar, be mutilated into these ugly, irregular, patchwork monstrosities. Cryptic needs to include at least one graceful, smooth edged, model for those players who do not appreciate the lego-like design philosophy of the current art team. These design travesties, even with their op (imho) consoles, won't convince me to shop for zen, even if I weren't already boycotting premium purchases.
How the heck is the STO scimitar such a horrible model compared to the scimitar from nemesis? They are exactly the same. If not exactly, very damn close. Seriously explain how the ingame model is so different.

Hell, if it wasn't like the movie in terms of abilities or design, people would be ******** more. And the Scimitar was not a carrier. Infact, one hanger fits since we saw the one hanger in the movie (true, it was huge, but still only one). I can't believe people are refusing to even consider buying it ONLY because of one hanger bay.

edit: I'm laughing right now. Everybody is ******** because of the thalaron weapon, yet they don't complain about the Tal shiar ships?

So the republic would flip out and destroy any scimitar using captains, but accept ships covered inside and out with borg tech (made by the Tal shiar no less) into orbit and into orbital stations easily?

Last edited by kalavier; 07-03-2013 at 11:06 AM.