Commander
# 11
02-24-2013, 01:15 AM
108 bank slots would sure be useful for my main, Inventory is what sees the most action though.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
02-24-2013, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspartan1 View Post
Unless you are a hardcore fan (I purchased several copies - one from each of the vendors for the "specials" at launch) it really is not worth it now. You are better off putting your money into the game shop to be frank. With that said, the Red Matter device is still usable at endgame unlike all the other bonus stuff and it is pretty much a must for that extra edge in PvP if you are playing a Tac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag View Post
Becoming a Gold, even if only for a month, and even with a collectors edition, unlocks additional bank, inventory, and account bank slots for any characters that you log into while Gold. These slots will stay with those characters even if you go back to Silver.

Note that these slots are independent from the ones you can buy with Zen. Example:
Silver players start with 48 slots, and can use Zen to get up to 84.
Gold players start with 72 slots, then they can can use Zen to upgrade to 108.
If a Silver player buys the slots and then goes Gold, he'll end up with 108.

(Note: my numbers may be off, but hopefully you get the idea)
ohh thanks thats the information i need. ^^

thats good to know and yes im waitng for the LFS to be on a discount then i will pick it up i will see my self playing this game. more often.
Ensign
# 13
07-03-2013, 06:42 AM
I purchased the CE and for some reason while i have access to the other aspects of the CE rewards, years later I still have yet to receive my 500 zen and only one of my characters retained the extra inventory and bank slots. I have had a ticket in about both issues(for almost a month now) and have only gotten the runaround. In fact i still have yet to receive anything but an automated response about the monthly stipend error in response to my missing CE zen, something that has absolutely nothing to do with my issue, and been told to submit a bug report about the missing inventory slots. This treatment is about to drive me away from playing a game that I enjoy.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
07-03-2013, 07:27 AM
You only get the extra bank slots if you remain gold or purchase them.
NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
Captain
# 15
07-03-2013, 12:42 PM
I got the CE. Best $9 I ever spent The red matter item isn't just some one time item that gives you a little buff in the beginning of the game, it's one of the best ship devices you can get your hands on. It has unlimited charges and deals in stats that are always relevant, ensuring it's use from level 1 to the level cap and beyond for your main and alts and every character you will ever make. I think what I like most is the unlimited uses. Nearly every other ship device is a consumable you have to replace after expending all it's charges, which falls under "FF Elixir Syndrome" for me because they often feel so precious, I never want to use them. I feel no such pain when activating the red matter. I got mine off Amazon, but I never got any borg officer code. Maybe that was only a preorder bonus, which is fine with me if it meant paying $60 instead of 9.
Career Officer
# 16
07-03-2013, 03:37 PM
There where supposed to be extras for Lord too but as I only have one account (collector's + LT) I couldn't say without making a free account and comparing it all, not worth the time and effort. Will say when STO went f2p the price of the collector's boxes dropped to around $8 a piece on eBay and I bought up several of them just for the combadge in them and gave away the codes in ESD. (had no use for them I just wanted the badges) ^_^ looking back it was kinda silly for me to do that but hey, I have no regrets. One day I will know many local trekkies and will have enough badges for a small fleet (of about 40 people, more if others have one already ^_^')

Check out my ideas for the game here
First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-F
First., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon Wolf
Wolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
Ensign
# 17
01-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnikku View Post
I got the CE. Best $9 I ever spent
Where did you get it?
Captain
# 18
01-06-2014, 02:14 PM
I have been wanting to get the Red Matter Capacitor for a while now. but was not sure which CE it came in.

does it come in all of them or one specific one? If just in one which one?

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Career Officer
A suggestion for Cryptic:

Make the Red Matter Capacitor available to ALL current/new Lifetime subscribers. Limited time offer, if necessary.

You may get more people signing up for the Lifetime subscriptions as a result!
Captain
# 20
01-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucana66 View Post
A suggestion for Cryptic:

Make the Red Matter Capacitor available to ALL current/new Lifetime subscribers. Limited time offer, if necessary.

You may get more people signing up for the Lifetime subscriptions as a result!
Or they could simply go the way they have gone with every other special edition item.

Either obsoleting it by introducing a new, widely accessible item that does the same thing as the original one, just better and on a shorter cooldown (see: ADT vs. Point-Defense) or simply introduce it to the c-store for small change (TOS Ent, Borg Boff, NX-prefix etc...).