Commander
Ok, I have a request for a change to the UI...

Has nothing to do with the layout itself, but what keys we can use for a function, specifically the pick-up-loot function.

We have so many different things all using the F key that I keep going through menus when I don't want to, or warping out or respawning when I don't want to, all because I'm running around picking up my loot, when one of those message prompts comes up, and I end up F-keying on the prompt instead of getting my loot.

I have ended up missing out on getting my loot from time to time because of this.

So... PLEASE... can we have a separate loot key?

Or if there is a way to separate picking up loot from all of the other prompts that use the F key to interact with, through the keybinds files (which I have NO idea how to do), then can you add that keybind to the options page with the rest of the keybinds?

I think we have too many things that come up using the same key, and that we really need to separate them up a little. Picking up loot seems like a good place to do that since, well, for me anyways, picking up loot is what I'm doing the most, pretty much on reflex now.

Thanks for your time.

-- Smoov
Ensign
# 2
07-03-2013, 03:41 PM
That is in the Keybinds options under Targeting and Interaction, labeled Interact. It's right at the top of that section. I have mine bound to G.
Ensign
# 3
07-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Yes! Please! A separate "Pick up loot" key would be nice. I can't count how many times I've went to pick up a drop, only to have a dialog pop up asking me to smack the interact key and find myself suddenly switching maps, that wonderful blue/purple drop disappearing forever into the aether...
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-04-2013, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmaxwell View Post
That is in the Keybinds options under Targeting and Interaction, labeled Interact. It's right at the top of that section. I have mine bound to G.
The OP wants "interact" and "grab loot" to be separate keys. A request which I agree with wholeheartedly.

Cheers!
Career Officer
# 5
07-04-2013, 08:27 AM
I like the Neverwinter way, with the numeric keys for dialogue interacts, and another key for object interacts and looting.

That said, not everyone might want this, and the problem with the controls at present is that you can't set one key to work for multiple things. If looting and interacting are separated, then it's not an option: Everyone has to use two buttons. Cause if you set one as 'F', and then set the other as 'F', it blanks out the first one.
Reave
Commander
# 6
07-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfoxx01 View Post
Yes! Please! A separate "Pick up loot" key would be nice. I can't count how many times I've went to pick up a drop, only to have a dialog pop up asking me to smack the interact key and find myself suddenly switching maps, that wonderful blue/purple drop disappearing forever into the aether...
THIS...

...is exactly what prompted my post.

I so rarely see one of those purple drops on my screen, and there it was!!! Right in front of me with the Take Items prompt!

And as my finger depresses the F key, but before the contact makes contact inside the keyboard, it gets replaced by a prompt... which gets replaced by the screen telling me sector space is loading... and my mother yelling up from downstairs "What's wrong!!?" because I'm yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Yeah... we need to separate those keys, please...

-- Smoov

edit: and why do we even have Take Items prompts anyways? especially if there are 3 loot drops in range? its not like each of the prompts tell us which loot drop it belongs to, so it isn't like we can ever choose which specific one to pick up.

Just a single prompt "Take Items" that shows up on the screen when we're in range is all we need. Maybe a "Take Items:3" and when we take a drop, it shows "Take Items:2" or something.

Why when I'm doing a ground PvE with my fleet, I have to keep having a big prompt window with 8 or 9 "Take Items" buttons in it over and over again (because we're ignoring most of the drops).

When it comes to prompts and their sizes, be them item drops, or NPC/Warp interactions, remember... LESS IS MORE!

Last edited by smoovious; 07-05-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Commander
# 7
07-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
I like the Neverwinter way, with the numeric keys for dialogue interacts, and another key for object interacts and looting.

That said, not everyone might want this, and the problem with the controls at present is that you can't set one key to work for multiple things. If looting and interacting are separated, then it's not an option: Everyone has to use two buttons. Cause if you set one as 'F', and then set the other as 'F', it blanks out the first one.
Oh yeah, I agree... as always, things like this should be optional.

As much as I want to separate them, I have no desire to force it on everyone.

I suppose one way in the keybinds, is, if the "Pick up loot" or "Object interact" is left undefined in the list (blank), then by default, it should automatically follow the dialogue interact.

-- Smoov
Captain
# 8
07-05-2013, 09:03 AM
This, or a system where we can pick up loot which we forgot, at the end of the mission.
Captain
# 9
07-05-2013, 01:19 PM
or, make the auto looter work.
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.
Commander
# 10
07-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Was doing the Gorn Minefield (and the KDF equivalent last night) and once again, right at the end when we kill the main target, I reach over and hit F to pick up my loot...

...just as the prompt to go back to the beginning comes up...

...and I have to full impulse across the map to get back to it...

...and just as I get back in range to pick it up I hit F...

...and I have to full impulse across the map again to get back to my loot cuz that prompt popped up again...

...and it was gone by the time I got back there...

@^&(&!&Y(@#^!$(&%... *&(&!&(5!~!!(&~...
(takes breath)
~&*&!^!&&!()~)()~(#$!#$^#^@!^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sighs)

-- Smoov