Survivor of Romulus
# 101
07-01-2013, 06:52 AM
I really want the stuff from this event, the ship looks lovely . Only thing is I'm moving into a new flat and probably won't have internet for week or two :'(. Real life sucks!
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Republic Veteran
# 102
07-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fediii View Post
So, seriously, no one can tell me what keys is down for the flyers, I found the space bar is up, all the other keys for flying your ship are the same, so why aren't the w/s used for up & down instead of forwards & backwards????????????????????????????
Flying in air is the same as is it in space... You look up to fly up, you look down to fly down. Holding your Right Mouse button gives you better maneuverability as it does in space flight. In all honesty, those of us who are used to 3-dimensional space combat figured it out pretty quickly...
Ensign
# 103 Flying High mission bugged!
07-02-2013, 03:27 PM
The flying high mission is bugged for me, and I asked in zone and some other people are also getting the same bug.

After taking the mission and putting on the floater I am only getting 1 race course lit up to do, after doing that one I get no more, I can't finish the mission and so can't get the pearls for the ship.

Here's a screenshot showing that I have completed 0 race courses and have only one showing up on my map.

http://i.imgur.com/fj6MmZk.jpg
Career Officer
# 104
07-03-2013, 08:33 AM
having a great time on risa so far, love all the challenges there.
you only missed out the most crucial event - where is the sandcastle compotition, then again i forgot to bring my bucket and spade anyway so just as well.
still the dancing is great fun and i love the jetpack (sorry floaters) events.
you must find a way for us to use the floaters after the event has ended.
maybe dump the old risa in favour of this one and keep in the dancing event and the Horga'hn hunt as a daily mission for fleet marks and dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 105 Wtf!?!?
07-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Where do i begin?

My enthusiasm for the summer event is being brutally crushed and systematically torn to shreds.

Working 40+ hrs and commuting 18+hrs a week doesn't leave a ton of free time for 'fun' stuff. Since the launch on the 27th, all my 'play time' has been patching. I finally got in last night but it seemed like a lot more like work than play. I have many characters but i made a personalo cap of the 11 chars i wanted to get the ship for. That's fewer chars than i had racing in Q's Winter Wonderland.

None of my chars are EC-millionaires and my newest chars have the least. 1,000 EC for a 20-min rental?!? Hell No!! So i have to do activities B and C to 'earn' the 50 Lohlunat Favors for a Standard Floater so i can now participate in activity A (Flying High).

Now I Have Another Problem: Some of my chars i cannot 'steer' using the mouse as i did w/my 1st char thru the FH courses. Going through the Options for Ground Controls was no help as nothing worked to solve the problem.

I was also looking forward to getting some goods & services in the C-Store so i could Finally make the Fed Klingon i've wanted to make since the game launched in 2010. But a problem stemmed from PWE forcing all players to crate a new PWE account instead of simply grandfathering/integrating the existing Cryptic accounts into their system (something any competant programmer with a shred of respect could do).

When I tried to add a card for Billing, i found that PWE/Billing has an incorrect email on file. I have opened a ticket thru Customer Service part of the site as instructed, but now i am not allowed to view that ticket or its status. So now i have the find the Billing thread to escalate that issue. Massively Brilliant that! Putting me over a barrel to spend money then make it impossible for me to spend money.

Shazam! Now the "Fun Summer Event" has been transformed into "Massively Laborous Struggles in Purgatory"... .. for now it will be several chores to eke out any 'Happy' this "4th" (of July).

I didn't want to blast venom and vitriol but these things had to be said.
Sarvour ShipyardsSarvour Shipyards
=@=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =@= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."
Career Officer
# 106
07-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Join PvP Boot Camp! We have cake, skill respecs, exclusive sexy "PvP Boot Camp Graduate" ingame titles! Be the envy if your fleet mates! Don't be a square! Be a triangle for STO's round hole BANG! ZOOM! WIZARD LEMONADE GIGGLE SWISH!

Sign up in the sub forum and learn from some of the community's best! Learn how to work as a team, get the very best out of your ship, make keybinds to make you faster, harder, longer lasting in all aspects of space combat!

Are you feeling lonely? Are the same o' STFs leaving you unsatisfied? Do you long for some ever evolving goodness to shake your nacelle at? Join PVP Boot Camp! The only community suited & booted project to leave you wanting more... *Sean Connery eye-brow wiggle*
Captain
# 107
07-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Join PvP Boot Camp! We have cake, skill respecs, exclusive sexy "PvP Boot Camp Graduate" ingame titles! Be the envy if your fleet mates! Don't be a square! Be a triangle for STO's round hole BANG! ZOOM! WIZARD LEMONADE GIGGLE SWISH!

Sign up in the sub forum and learn from some of the community's best! Learn how to work as a team, get the very best out of your ship, make keybinds to make you faster, harder, longer lasting in all aspects of space combat!

Are you feeling lonely? Are the same o' STFs leaving you unsatisfied? Do you long for some ever evolving goodness to shake your nacelle at? Join PVP Boot Camp! The only community suited & booted project to leave you wanting more... *Sean Connery eye-brow wiggle*
PVP is broken. teaching broken mechanics to players is not the solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Commander
# 108
07-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar1017 View Post
An awful lot of effort to get to the advanced floaters. This is a question for cryptic. Can't they be made into a non combat device like the winter snow boots?
According to a couple of posts from TacoFangs that someone quoted, the bottom line is that all the maps are broken. I say that's bogus and that they should at least let us use them on a few maps to start with (like SFA, New Romulus, dilithium asteroid, etc.) and then all new maps are required to be jetpack enabled.
---------------------------------------------------
Sadly, I will NOT become a lifetime member due to PWE's absolutely horrid "customer service." If PWE corrects this, then I will reassess.

Last edited by fadmbambam; 07-06-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Lt. Commander
Romulan Republic vs. Lohlunat Republic

I've still no clear answer to the question: What Level do Romulan Republic characters need to be to access the Event? I've seen some contradictory statements made by many members of the community. I'd really like to know. Has someone from Cryptic/PWE made a statment on this?
Sarvour ShipyardsSarvour Shipyards
=@=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =@= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."
Lt. Commander
# 110
07-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarvour0 View Post
Romulan Republic vs. Lohlunat Republic

I've still no clear answer to the question: What Level do Romulan Republic characters need to be to access the Event? I've seen some contradictory statements made by many members of the community. I'd really like to know. Has someone from Cryptic/PWE made a statment on this?
romulans can use the hail button at level 10 to go to risa for the event. level 13 is the level they are allowedd to go to the sectors that they can actually go thru other sectors that their allied faction(fed or kdf) can go
Closed Thread