Lieutenant
# 11
07-03-2013, 11:46 PM
i have all reputation tier 5 which engine deflector and shield i should use from reputaion system?
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
07-04-2013, 04:02 AM
cant help with consoles, I go with what feels right for me at the time, as for the weapons and engines etc.. I use the Aegis set for now untill I can get something better, its not the best but it sufices, as for weapons, I use all my romy ships, apart from my T'varo torpedo bomber, as gunships, I dont nessercerraly get the most dps out of them but I will have weapons doing damage regardless of how I am turning.

My curent load is:

Front: Nanite Disruptors: beam array MKXII, 2x DC MKXII, 1x DHC MKXII, 1x Plasma torp MKXII

Rear: Nanite Disruptors: 2x beam array MKXII, 1x Plasma Mine Launcher MKXII

I use mines as there handy in defensive possitions when guarding stuff and good for stopping people chasing u i PVP (god do they get a shock when a dozen plasma mines emerge into there face)
Lieutenant
# 13
07-04-2013, 08:25 AM
i choose that i will change type of weapons. ill go for fleet antiprotons dhc and turrets
Lieutenant
# 14
07-05-2013, 12:13 AM
bump need deflector shield and engine from reputtaion D:
Republic Veteran
# 15
07-05-2013, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonec1 View Post
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=myship25_0
this is my build
is weapons good for normal stf if not what weap should i use
what sci and engi consoles should i use
what shield singualrity deflector and engine should i use.
and waht skill on my bridge officers should i put
myship25-X

Here's what I would personally change, with regards to A) you may be new to the game and or STFs and not entirely comfortable playing them, and B) You have limited resources.

Replay the 'Last Stand' mission for Caustic Weapons. This gives you 3 x Caustic DHC MK XI [Acc]x2 and 3 x Turrets MK XI [Acc]x2, a solid strong baseline until you can afford better.

Your science setup /has/ to be Polarize Hull to break tractor beams and Hazard Emitters to cleanse Plasma Fire DoTs. Both these are crucial for new pilots in STFs.

There is more variety possible in the Engineering setup, but I chose the safer path with regards to your survivability.

Tactical is setup in a classic and cannon and torpedo spread. STFs revolve a lot around multiple targets at once, it also gives you the opportunity to shoot down incoming High Yield Plasma projectiles, again playing it on the safer side.

Eng/Sci consoles, you can continue towards survivability as you already are until you are comfortable changing them for lesser armor/shields and more specialized.

If you are still struggling I'd swap the Ship Shield with a Resilient MK X or XI with [Pla] resistances.

I included skill point distribution for you as well.

Jolan Tru
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
07-05-2013, 05:30 AM
could also consider taking tractor mines, I am looking into the option of replacing my tail mines with them and using it to deploy hold traps, this would give me a handy rear launched ability that will trap mobs and I can then swing about and unleash my forward guns on it or thaelron pulse.
Lieutenant
# 17
07-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johankreig View Post
could also consider taking tractor mines, I am looking into the option of replacing my tail mines with them and using it to deploy hold traps, this would give me a handy rear launched ability that will trap mobs and I can then swing about and unleash my forward guns on it or thaelron pulse.
Back in the dark ages of Star Trek table top game called Star Fleet Battles, I liked using a tactic called the Kaufman Retrograde. Engage the enemy and move backwards to keep them in your prime weapon firing ranges while they're playing catchup. This tactic works great with tractor mines. Once the enemy is snagged, then I drop a Gravity Well on them or start unloading a Tact captain's alpha strike on one shield.

You never know what is sneaking up behind you. Sometimes I just let them autofire and surprised when it snaps a flanking enemy ship.
Lieutenant
# 18
07-05-2013, 06:25 AM
changed skill what im using right now in build. ty all but i need just advice what engine deflector and shiled should i use from reputation
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
07-05-2013, 06:32 AM
what do u have access to, there all pretty good, depending on what you want out of them, personaly I prefer the borg set, I feel you get more for your investment, but the Omega set is supposed to be pretty good, not sure about the romy ones, I hear the romy one is good but not had any definates yet, the reman one is a pig to get so I dont know anyone using it.
Lieutenant
# 20
07-07-2013, 03:57 AM
should go for combo of set of full?