Captain
# 11
07-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
Besides, you don't need special gear to do STFs. The only reason people feel like they must have certain gear is because "experienced" players keep telling newer players that it's what you need.
because we know the avg player, and know that the avg player is hopeless without those gear

you do not need special gear, but you need skill. and the gear is easier to get. and experience dictates, ppl usually just get the gear.

imo a simple solution would be, for a tutorial, that explains the mechanics of STFs. not tactics, because those vary from team to team. but the simple mechanics. if you shoot down these gens, these probes appear. if you shoot at this cube, it explodes, and you are happy.

devs wont do a tutorial based on tactics, because those change. but if they make a tutorial on the mechanics, those wont change. and if they do, they know about it. new tactics might not get to them fast, but they can simply change their tutorial with the mechanic change at the same time

I for one, am pretty sure, that most players are still having trouble understanding how stfs work, and when happens what. I do know, that I do not know every detail behind them, but I have seen a lot, and know a lot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Career Officer
# 12
07-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Not a fan of this idea, I've seen elite vets not worth there salt so to speak and new players be awesome. It's about team work, just a few weeks ago there was one person in a Normal stf that dispite best efforts would not cooperate with me and another vet, with two other new players trying to team up to complete it (me and other vet on new tools) everyone was polite and no one rage quit for it. But after about 1.5 hours the four of us decided to leave and try again together. Leaving the person that (maybe didn't understand English or was just trolling, for whatever reason) refused to even acknowledge any other players where there behind.

Check out my ideas for the game here
First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-F
First., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon Wolf
Wolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
Commander
# 13
07-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
because we know the avg player, and know that the avg player is hopeless without those gear

you do not need special gear, but you need skill. and the gear is easier to get. and experience dictates, ppl usually just get the gear.

imo a simple solution would be, for a tutorial, that explains the mechanics of STFs. not tactics, because those vary from team to team. but the simple mechanics. if you shoot down these gens, these probes appear. if you shoot at this cube, it explodes, and you are happy.

devs wont do a tutorial based on tactics, because those change. but if they make a tutorial on the mechanics, those wont change. and if they do, they know about it. new tactics might not get to them fast, but they can simply change their tutorial with the mechanic change at the same time

I for one, am pretty sure, that most players are still having trouble understanding how stfs work, and when happens what. I do know, that I do not know every detail behind them, but I have seen a lot, and know a lot
+1 Sure, it's easy enough just to explain it to someone, and I try to when I can, but it would have been nice not to have needed to phone a friend or use an external source to discover that trigger lines even existed in Infected Ground, for example. Not sure how many players would read a popup though....

How about making single player versions stuck on the end of the story where the bad guys are easier but the mechanics are the same with cut-scenes at the various trigger points to emphasize what occurs when certain things happen? So, for example, your sci officer analyses the gens an says they have a *insert techie word* beacon that will activate upon destruction of one and then cut-scene when they do it. Same could happen with infected ground. Your Tac officer tells you that there are motion sensors or whatever at various points (shown in a cut-scene...) etc etc... I think you get the point. Lots of resources but whatever, it's an idea to help folks understand what they're doing before calling for nerfs.

We already have a precedent for this with one or two of the Elachi fleet actions taken from episodes in the Romulan Faction story arc.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.