Empire Veteran
# 1 Expertise is too Low
07-05-2013, 10:50 PM
I know for the longest time all the Expertise that VA's were gaining was pretty much going to waste and so Cryptic decided to put it to use in Fleet Construction and Reputation system stuff. That alone seems weird but I guess you are telling folks what to do?

Anyway, for old characters this is all fine and good because they have millions of Expertise to throw around but for new characters this is horrible. With 3 Reps going at the same time you run out of Expertise in a real hurry. Even with DOFF missions going as much as possible and running the missions to get the marks you come up far short. You need around 40K to do a full set of 6 Rep missions but even story missions (which give the most) will only net you around 4K. Doing the STF's and similar Mark missions nets you hardly anything in terms of Expertise.

Suggestion: Either lower the amount of Expertise needed for Reputation missions or even better yet increases the amount you earn from Mark gathering missions and enemy kills.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Its a other grind but 'mirror invasion' special event is a Expertise event, a hour can give you about 200.000 exp.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Empire Veteran
# 3
07-06-2013, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones1970 View Post
Its a other grind but 'mirror invasion' special event is a Expertise event, a hour can give you about 200.000 exp.
That thing is awesome for a number of reasons but because it only comes about now and then it is hard to count on it.
Rihannsu
# 4
07-06-2013, 03:13 AM
doff system gives double i need for reputation, at curret time i earn around 110k per day and for t4 rep it is around 52k for all factions. Doing doff missions is a nice bonus for exp and it takes few mouse clicks.
2010 is my join date.
Republic Veteran
# 5
07-06-2013, 12:49 PM
When you start needing 64k for T5 projects they quickly run out.
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarxidejacko View Post
doff system gives double i need for reputation, at curret time i earn around 110k per day and for t4 rep it is around 52k for all factions. Doing doff missions is a nice bonus for exp and it takes few mouse clicks.
My DOFF missions help a bit and I know of a couple good ones when they show but sadly I cannot generate anywhere NEAR 110K per day. Mind you, I only have about 3 to 4 hours to play in a day most of the time so I can only really get off around 2 slews of DOFF missions.
Captain
# 7
07-06-2013, 09:33 PM
I had run 10 toons through the rep system - most having 3 million+ min exp

I was caught off guard when my 1st Romulan passed T4 anf I filled everything but it would not go off - I of course without looking assumed exp had been filled.

next day I check and it's not done - not enough exp - I was totally caught off guard as it had never happen before

So now begins the EXPERIENCE GRIND -to do the rep grind

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggghhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Empire Veteran
# 8
07-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
I had run 10 toons through the rep system - most having 3 million+ min exp

I was caught off guard when my 1st Romulan passed T4 anf I filled everything but it would not go off - I of course without looking assumed exp had been filled.

next day I check and it's not done - not enough exp - I was totally caught off guard as it had never happen before

So now begins the EXPERIENCE GRIND -to do the rep grind

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggghhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Exactly what I mean to a T and exactly the problem because it is hard to grind Expertise due to a lack of good sources. Which is why I made my suggestion.