Captain
# 11
07-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgeek View Post
Not in a long, long time. I think Cryptic mentioned a while back that female Pakled was the least played race combination in game.
Can't imagine why.

Pakleds had ruthless cunning but were rather underwhelming in so many other ways. I do not understand why they were added as a playable option when dozens of other canon races could have been used instead.
Empire Veteran
# 12
07-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Captain
# 13
07-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelshando View Post
you cant make a alien joined trill.. and Jaz was dead before all this took place.

Also I have not read anything that Trill is a member of the Federation just a affiliate.. maybe there is another source of this information that I have not seen.

Trill patterns are available in the alien generator. If you can't make believe in a fictional game, that's your own problem.

See below for Trill's Federation membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Wrong, it is unclear whether Trill are part of the Federation.
Check your facts. Trill (or more accurately, Trillius Prime) was admitted to the Federation in 2285 and had multiple members of their species as high ranking diplomats for the Federation (Kurzon, multiple Odans, etc). You don't officially speak for a multiplanetary government if you're not a part of it.

Not to mention the explicit description of the Trill Science Ministry as being one of the greatest centers for scientific learning in the Federation. Routinely beating out the Vulcans in terms of conjuring up all manner of techno-goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Like I already said, they were an ADVERTISED BONUS.
I stand by what I said. Trot out all the old posts by Stormy you like, doesn't change the fact there's zero justification for KDF trill, and even less for Romulan ones.

Last edited by stirling191; 07-06-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Commander
# 14
07-07-2013, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
I stand by what I said. Trot out all the old posts by Stormy you like, doesn't change the fact there's zero justification for KDF trill, and even less for Romulan ones.
Only if you adopt the stance that STO can change nothing in the Star Trek universe.

It's many years on. The Romulan Empire is dust. They're rebuilding anew with a strong inclination towards re-unification with Vulcan and have allied with both the Federation and the Klingons.

That means they are beginning to or more likely already begun to move away from their xenophobic past.

The game allows non-Romulans/Remans (i.e. "aliens") to captain warbirds. No reason a Trill couldn't be amongst them.
Career Officer
# 15
07-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Check your facts. Trill (or more accurately, Trillius Prime) was admitted to the Federation in 2285 and had multiple members of their species as high ranking diplomats for the Federation (Kurzon, multiple Odans, etc). You don't officially speak for a multiplanetary government if you're not a part of it.

Not to mention the explicit description of the Trill Science Ministry as being one of the greatest centers for scientific learning in the Federation. Routinely beating out the Vulcans in terms of conjuring up all manner of techno-goodies.
Can you provide a source for any of this?
Because pretty much all you cite is information from the non-canon Star Charts about Trillus Prime and Trill being the same planet.

I can also not find any basis for this absurd line about the Minstry of Science from Mem Alpha in the episodes that are referred to.

Also, to be diplomat of a certain country, you need to be a citizen of that country.
You don't have to been born as citizen of that country to become its ambassador or do you think Worf was born as a Federation citizen?

Quote:
I think from an ingame perspective I've already sufficiently agreed with you (and included a couterproposal), but at least let's get the RL reason for this mess correct okay?

Last edited by misterde3; 07-07-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Captain
# 16
07-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgeek View Post
Not in a long, long time. I think Cryptic mentioned a while back that female Pakled was the least played race combination in game.
Funny. I had created a Female Science (Medic) Pakled early on but she somehow got deleted. I didn't count it as too much of a loss as she was still in the tutorial levels. With the change in traits(forcing us to use four predetermined traits instead of letting us choose at creation), I don't think I can effectively recreate her. A great disappointment to me.
Empire Veteran
# 17
07-10-2013, 10:44 PM
o_O I've seen only *1* Rigellian before, as far as I can remember, and it was actually female. Now if I can ever find a female Tellerite then I'll pass out.
Captain
# 18
07-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Trill patterns are available in the alien generator. If you can't make believe in a fictional game, that's your own problem.
I want the joined trill passive.. Joined Symbiote. Can you get that passive as a Alien?

Also where did you get our info on the trill home world joining the Federation? No where I can find that is cannon says that.

Last edited by kelshando; 07-23-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Captain
# 19
07-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlotte View Post
Space pirate Romulans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelshando View Post
I want the joined trill passive.. Joined Symbiote. Can you get that passive as a Alien?
No. You also only get the spots on your face, while actual Trill characters can also select the spot patterns for their torsos and legs.
Captain
# 20
07-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
Space pirate Romulans!

No. You also only get the spots on your face, while actual Trill characters can also select the spot patterns for their torsos and legs.
Ya thats what I thought. Well then i still want Joined Trill for the Romulan faction..