Captain
# 1 I need control help.
07-02-2013, 08:26 AM
I finally got the internet installed, and downloaded the game yesterday. I love the game but have some problems with control setups.

GROUND CONTROLS.
1-I am trying to set up my controls where the arrow keys rotate my character, and look up and down, while w,a,s,d do my forward, back, and side-to-side movement. I can do this successfully for regular movement. Yet, when in the battle stance, the arrow keys refuse to rotate my character, or look up and down. I have map'd the keys to the movements in RPG, and Shooter options, but still need the mouse to rotate in battle mode.

2-When trying to fire, how do you configure the buttons to let you have a target reticle, when not in battle mode. I can't get it to show up.

SPACE CONTROLS
1-Is it possible to use the arrow keys to rotate the camera around the ship, or am I stuck trying to use the mouse?

2-When using the mouse for camera controls, I can toggle the camera lock so the so I activate it once, and any movement of the mouse will rotate my camera. The problem is that nothing I map/bind to that toggle feature will toggle it off. Once it is activated, I need to hit esc to enter the game menu, or the button to automatically place the camera behind my ship (its home position).

I spent a few hours trying to get it figured out before finally making it to the admiral in the first space station. I was still having problems with it.

I did get the 360 controller to work great for the movement of the character on ground, but the only buttons that I could map were the joysticks. All of the other buttons either did nothing, or were fixed to actions that couldn't be changed. If I was able to map the buttons and triggers to actions I wanted, there wouldn't be any problems.

For space controls, I was able to use the left joystick on the controller for left and right turning, but not up and down. And the right joystick on the controller was perfect for the ships camera movement. Still, I couldn't get any triggers or buttons to configure to anything I wanted them to. They either did nothing, or were fixed to a set configuration.

If anyone can help with this, I would be very grateful. I would prefer to be able to get the full function of the 360 controller because I have to play in a reclined position due to health problems. I can use a controller/keyboard combination, but it is hard to try to use a mouse with a keyboard due to limited space.

Thanks.
Captain
# 3
07-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks, this does help understand what some of the commands are fore. I still can't figure out how to use w,s,a,d for ship movement, and the arrow keys for camera movement on the space flight.

However, everything else I am wanting to do, I think I can now. Thanks again.
Career Officer
# 4
07-07-2013, 08:14 AM
it seems like my controller is working for movement pretty good and alot of the controller's buttons work for ground. Did you click yes in the options under controller for xbox? Maybe that will help.
Captain
# 5
07-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtz2012 View Post
it seems like my controller is working for movement pretty good and alot of the controller's buttons work for ground. Did you click yes in the options under controller for xbox? Maybe that will help.
I got it working yesterday, (took about 6 total days to understand how to properly type in the commands), but was not able to get on the forums. I am still having problems with the forums. Every time I try to click on anything, it says there is some long running script, or the site is not responding.

Anyways, thanks for all the help everyone.

Tim.