Ensign
# 31
06-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Remember folks, this normal difficulty, mid level mission that is a MASSIVE difficulty spike compared to the progression missions either side of it is perfectly fine because it's possible to beat it.

Also, the allied reinforcements, which the context of the mission presents as a savior force that you are holding out for the arrival of, getting obliterated in seconds and constantly locked in repair-loop is totally working as intended.

Give me a break, are you people just being purposely obtuse, or do you really not understand the most basic principles of a difficulty curve and encounter design?
Captain
# 32
06-01-2013, 07:33 PM
I know the difference between "possible" and "impossible". Hyperbole serves no one well.
-------------------------------------------

"You're as crazy as the people on Twitter!" - Samuel L. Jackson
Ensign
# 33
06-02-2013, 10:26 AM
I really feel like this mission taught me how I should be playing my Romulan ship. I did it at the minimum level I could, as well, in my Mogai. At first, it was a bit overwhelming, and I do feel like there should be some more allied ships warping in, even if they're entirely ineffectual. All in all, I enjoyed it, but it was a bit contrived. For the largest part of it, there is just no dialogue or story, and three waves of a handful of ships is a lot to leave a role player without any interaction. I feel like a lot of the complaints would be satiated if more players felt like they were being propelled into a slightly different challenge throughout the battle.
Rihannsu
# 34
06-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneelift View Post
Did it on my Mogai, standard build. Didn't die at all. Took about 45 minutes. You guys just suck, plain and simple. Its all about tactics and sticking and moving. L2P.
Or in a D'D, Tank Like Your Life Depends on it!!!! (because it does)
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 35
06-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Was amusing, I got the command ship down to about 27% and died while at the same time 4 allied ships finished it off before I could get back to it.
Ensign
I did the defense of new romulus in a sau paulo class ship with mainly the items that either came with it or a few i had on my old warbird. I died a lot till my roommate showed me the hit and run tactics .. stay out of the cone... only fight the command ship and the self repairing ships will attack it too. takes awhile and I died a couple of more times. but i got it and did it with a rainbow cannon pack set up quad cannons from the ship heavy dual disruptor / plasma hybrid and photons stock photons. i just cannon vollyed and torpedo spread the whole time with one plasma turret. Probably not the best set up but it got the job done.
Ensign
# 37
07-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Wow.

I've been away for a while but came back to try the Romulans and in general have been having a blast.

And then hit this mission. Played it in a D'Deridex and literally lost count of my deaths. Found this thread during my repeated respawns.

I finally resorted to full-speed into the command ship, stopping as close as I could to it in order to continue to fire torpedoes, and then waited for death. Thankfully the resulting explosion of my final death was enough to "win" the mission.

That s*cked.