Commander
# 1 Ki Baratan, Mol'rihan
07-06-2013, 05:12 PM
When will the Citadel be opened to Romulan characters, will it be opened with and when the Reman City opens?
Republic Veteran
# 2
07-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Ki Baratan was the (non-canonical) name (actually, there were three non-canonical names, but this one became the "standard" in Pocket Books) of the capitol city on ch'Rihan (old Romulus), which was destroyed by the Hobus supernova:
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Romulan_Senate
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Ki_Baratan

Nothing says the capitol city on the new Romulan homeworld cannot have the same name, but since the original Ki Baratan was the capitol of the Romulan Star Empire, some of those who suffered under the imperial government might have invested the name with some negative emotive value

Edit: Of the various non-canonical names that have been invented for the old Romulan capitol, I personally like "Val'danadex Trel" the best; it just looks more Romulan than the other two.

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Praetor of the Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet

Last edited by protogoth; 07-06-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Commander
# 3
07-07-2013, 02:05 PM
I do see where you are coming from, but either way, just having New Romulus Command and the Embassies, even for a Romulan faction character, seems a bit limited for just those two locations, and I have heard that the Reman City might be opened up in the future, so opening up the "Citadel", at least in a way that is similar to Qo'nos would certainly make a lot of sense.

p.s. Since you have turned a simple question into an issue of in-game politics, my character is part of the Star Navy & the Praetorian Guard, so the Republic can go kreldanni llhusra themselves.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Can FED then finaly have access to earth (wanna see if my house is still there).. lol
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Republic Veteran
# 5
07-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bltrrn View Post
I do see where you are coming from, but either way, just having New Romulus Command and the Embassies, even for a Romulan faction character, seems a bit limited for just those two locations, and I have heard that the Reman City might be opened up in the future, so opening up the "Citadel", at least in a way that is similar to Qo'nos would certainly make a lot of sense.

p.s. Since you have turned a simple question into an issue of in-game politics, my character is part of the Star Navy & the Praetorian Guard, so the Republic can go kreldanni llhusra themselves.
I think we should get our own Academy, yes, but as for making a New Romulan Citadel as a counterpart to ESD and the First City, we already have the Flotilla to serve that purpose. Would it be nice to see more of Mol'Rihan? Absolutely, but it would also be nice to see more of Earth and Qo'noS, and if further expansion to maps is made for one faction, it will have to be done for all factions.

PS - I didn't turn anything into politics, but simply pointed out a political reality in-game that should be considered in the context of your suggestion.

Also, in response to your stated allegiance (as it seems that you would like to go there), rather than type it all out again, I'm going to instead quote a post I have already made, which links to other posts I have made:

Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Sorry, I can't see Nniol agreeing to an alliance with the woman who granted the Hirogen the right to hunt sapient species - including Romulans - within Imperial territory in exchange for them supplying her with the muscle to seize the throne. Sela's out of the question.
And this. Seriously. Sela is for Sela, and nobody else. All her actions are motivated by self-serving and self-absorbed goals.

To those whose objection to D'Tan and the New Romulan Republic is based on D'Tan being a Reunificationist, first of all, D'Tan is one man, and not everyone in the Republic is in favor of Reunification. Second of all, you need to understand what Reunification means, rather than what most opponents claim it means (for the record, I'm not in favor of Reunification, at least not at this time). By way of explanation, I offer this discussion:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post10576271

To those who object to D'Tan and the New Romulan Republic based on claims that D'Tan is some sort of "dictator," I offer this (note that I quote myself from the discussion just linked above before addressing the main issue of contention below the self quote):
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post10682191

Finally, to those who refuse to admit what the Romulan Star Empire has become:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post10912131

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Praetor of the Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet

Last edited by protogoth; 07-07-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Commander
# 6
07-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Oh, boohoo; D'tan braces to the Alpha Quadrant like a coward. Even before the "Republic" was given any credit at all, their was already significant opposition to the Tal'Shiar within the Star Empire, and does the "Republic" even have a Senate, because it seems that these "Reunificationists" rule everything from on high, not unlike Sela, and do not lecture on the meaning of Reunification, because I am one already, just one on the more conservative side of things.

p.s. Question: What madman would put his place of government in a Battle Group/Flotilla?
Answer: D'tan.
Captain
# 7
07-19-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
Edit: Of the various non-canonical names that have been invented for the old Romulan capitol, I personally like "Val'danadex Trel" the best; it just looks more Romulan than the other two.
Never saw that one. Duane used "Ra'tleihfi" and since she was primarily responsible for authoring the Rihannsu language, that's the one I'd stick with.
Lieutenant
# 8
07-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Ingame the flotilla acts as a go between for levels 1-10. It is all well and good to have a flotilla but its not really the hub of our people after you make your choice.

It would be nice to have the Reman slums opened. Of course this is D'tans time so it will probably be all flowers and prestine buildings.

Citadel would be nice, perhaps fixing the door inside the command center to allow you access to embassy aswell...instead of going to command center>staging area>embassy doesn't really make sense the door magically changes its exit.
Republic Veteran
# 9
07-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedpenguin View Post
Death to D'tan and Unification!
As your Yeoman brings her PADD for you to initial on orders, she surreptitiously slips a small, cloaked listening device on the captain's chair. When you have handed the PADD back to her, she leaves the bridge via the turbolift, leaving no one the wiser as to her bug. En route to the shuttlebay, she hastily alters her uniform and hairstyle, and emerges from the turbolift in a science duty uniform. She checks in with the shuttle requisitions officer, showing him her PADD with your initial on an order for a Kestrel runabout Fnord, then she boards the small craft accompanied by an Orion woman in Orion princess dancing attire of a typical sort, and the two depart the hangar. Going to full impulse, they are quickly lost in the darkness of space, and activate the Kestrel's cloak before warping out of the system.

"I think that was quite a profitable safari, galae'Enriov," the Orion "slavegirl" notes.

"Agreed, Vishka. Eyes and ears on the situation, as usual," the science "duty officer" nods. "The pheromone enhancement seemed to help as well. Set course for Qo'noS and engage the quantum slipstream drive, Commander. We'll rendezvous with the Memenda there and beam you back to the First City."

"Yes, Admiral t'Prell."

And another dissident is unknowingly under the surveillance of Klingon Intelligence and the New Romulan Republic's Tal'Diann, the same Tal'Diann that has fought the Tal'Shiar for generations.

On topic:

"Ra'tleihfi" was at one time a capitol of the Rihannsu Stelam Shiar, it is sure.

However, empires and kingdoms move capitols at times, for various reasons, a fact I overlooked in my earlier comments in this thread.

The capitol of the Kingdom of Scots was Dunatt, Dunfermline, Scone, Stirling, and now Edinburgh, for one example.

There's no reason all of the names given could not have been different cities, each having at one time or another served as the imperial capitol.

I would suppose that the Staging Area, New Romulus Command Center, and Diplomatic Quarter (where we all have our embassies) would be in the current capitol city of Mol'Rihan. Maybe we could call it "Mol'Val'danadex Trel."

Last edited by protogoth; 07-19-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Commander
# 10
07-27-2013, 07:53 AM
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Tal_Prai'ex
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Praetorian

Are you sure that you wish to countermand the Emperor and the Praetor?