Republic Veteran
# 101
07-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Well I for one would like to see a T5 version of the Exeter/Excalibur.

Its a cool 25th Century reinterpretation of the classic Constitution Class. Furthmore the Excalibur is the ship on the front of the damned box for the game not to mention the header for the steam store page.

As for the TOS Connie and the NX, I still have fun kitting them out with endgame gear and going into Normal STF's :p so I'm already content with those as is haha!
THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET
Captain
# 102
07-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Those ships were built apon and upgraded over the years, Starfleet dumped the constitution class 130 years ago...like I said Starfleet is known for moving onto bigger and better things.
ah yes, the C.P.P. Potkustartti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Captain
# 103
07-07-2013, 06:36 PM
I contacted CBS, and here's what they said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by support.startrek@cbsinteractive.com
Dear StarTrek Fan,

Thank your for contacting us. All Star Trek licensing questions should be directed to the CBS Consumer Products website.
That website has no contact information about inquiries. It's as if they don't want to be contacted other than applying to be a licensee.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Lieutenant
# 104
07-08-2013, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Why is it absurd? Using human logic for alien races is absurd. Humans need change. We need everything to be new and different from the previous generation. After all people have to buy the latest iPhone or similar product when their old one works perfectly fine. Therefore our ship designs have to change every few years and any old ship design that still exists was built years ago and not recently.

Alien races don't have to follow that logic. If the ship design works perfectly fine, then why replace it? All that is needed is to utilize the latest technology in its construction. Therefore Starfleet ship designs from 200 years ago would make sense for a Lieutenant to operate while a Tier 5 version piloted by a Vice Admiral doesn't. It also makes sense why Romulan ship designs can be operated at Tier 1 and Tier 5. The Tier 1 Romulan ship is from 200 years ago while the Tier 5 ship was built recently using recent shipyard technologies. So while the design is the same, all the technology in the Tier 5 Romulan ship is completely different.

Making Tier 5 versions of the Constitution and NX would be like putting a V8 engine in a Model T. It might go faster than an original Model T, but it would not go faster than any Car that was designed with the V8 engine in mind.
You seem to be confusing capitalist values with human values here, but your point is interesting. Realistically I think alien ships didn't change much because it is cheaper to reuse the same models. I would imagine, If we had another series there would be greater variety.

I know the t5 excelcior has 4 forward weapon. But I think the connie should only have 3. But even the stats of the shield and hull don't need to change too much. But the Boff layout is just ridiculous. I have a borged out connie and I still fly it sometimes. But one tactical slot is insufficient. It takes too long to kill anything.
Lieutenant
# 105
07-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer89 View Post
Well I for one would like to see a T5 version of the Exeter/Excalibur.

Its a cool 25th Century reinterpretation of the classic Constitution Class. Furthmore the Excalibur is the ship on the front of the damned box for the game not to mention the header for the steam store page.

As for the TOS Connie and the NX, I still have fun kitting them out with endgame gear and going into Normal STF's :p so I'm already content with those as is haha!
I agree with this.

I understand not wanting a fleet version of the Connie, NX, or Miranda. But the Exeter is my favorite looking ship and fully modern in the game universe.
Career Officer
# 106
07-13-2013, 10:48 AM
The Constitution is not dead, be happy...the USS Kittyprize still lives on and is making a name for itself! You can search the Skill Planner section for ship builds (Federation/Tactical/Constitution Cruiser) or I have also added the link to our federation shipyards section, look for my new thread, "What Cats use =^.^=

I use this build to take on all none Elite level missions and STF's successfully, nor have I been destroyed in over a month.

It takes a professional Caitian to make the magic happen!
How Picard dealt with ARC_STO Feedback_ARC Wars time capsule
Commander
# 107
07-13-2013, 04:40 PM
How about a fleet version of the Tuffli class freighter? anyway, a fleet version of the Miranda or Constitution, or NX classes is just polishing a turd. That's why they are set up in game for people who are levels 1 to 10, good for newbies, bad for anything more. Sure a fleet version would have higher stats but they'd still be limited to 2 weapon slots so not much firepower and the new stats would be really poor compaired to other fleet ships. May as well just dig out your old Miranda if you still have it or pick up the other two from the c shop for 500 zen and shove some fleet equipment on it.
Lt. Commander
# 108
07-13-2013, 08:43 PM
/waveHand

This is not the fanbase you are looking for.

Last edited by knocky; 07-13-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 109
07-13-2013, 09:00 PM
I know which VA Refit I would want to pilot.

Commander
# 110
07-14-2013, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post

As for the NX-class, that ship is even older. The design is likely too old - the equivalent of the Wright brothers' plane. Trying to strap jet engines, missiles, guidance... you'll fly the plane apart.

THEN FLY HER APART!

Sorry. Had to say that.
Check out my Odyssey Uniform, based on the Vulcan woman who was on the STO page during Season 6: New Romulus! (*Skirts and pants uniforms are listed*)
Closed Thread