Captain
# 21
07-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkjoy View Post
Ugh so sick of this, just makes me angry now, how people accept this is beyond me.
They don't accept it. That's why they don't do it and tell you to not do it either.
# 22
07-08-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
I would like to see rep grinds shared among the player account's same-side factions, so that players need only max once for Feds and once for KDF. However, since I doubt this will ever happen, I've stopped playing multiple toons and sticking to my lone Fed Tac. This reduces the grind to only one iteration.
I don't really want this. As much as I hate the rep grind, it is quite a good source of Dilithium. I have a few alts who just maxed the rep and never bought gear as I don't really do much with them other than PvE so it has worked out nicely.

I agree its a pain in the butt, but it has its uses.
Career Officer
# 23
07-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Perhaps due to age I am a little more patient than the average player. I am in no hurry to grind the rep system and generally do it as and when I feel like it for my 9 toons. Some of them will probably never get it, those that I use the most are gradually filling up. In the fleet we have so many other activities that it's a lot of fun to go run a couple of STFs, do a Nukara external, hand around shooting Borg on Defera or running story missions as a group in between messing around in Kerrat and arenas.

I think if you take a different approach, one of spreading the load over time, you'll find that it gets done fairly easily and faster than you would think, and all the time you won't begrudge the experience. I hear of people repping 14 toons one after the other and then complaining like hell about the grind. Well nobody is making them do it that way other than their own compulsion to have everything finished as soon as possible.

And when you get to the end of the rep system for all your toons, then what? Are you just going to wait for the next season? Take your time and enjoy it, if you don't feel like doing it then don't. go do something else for a while, then when you do go back and do a bit more it will be fun, which is what gaming is all about and why we are here after all.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 24
07-08-2013, 07:25 AM
I busted out 2700 Nukara Marks on top of all the marks to get to Tier 5 and discover the Tier 5 abilities on the Rep and the XII space set DON'T WORK!!! The AOE Tetryon abilities do nothing when activated except set off the cooldown timer on the abilities Icon. So all that work for what? Broken abilities.
Career Officer
# 25
07-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
I busted out 2700 Nukara Marks on top of all the marks to get to Tier 5 and discover the Tier 5 abilities on the Rep and the XII space set DON'T WORK!!! The AOE Tetryon abilities do nothing when activated except set off the cooldown timer on the abilities Icon. So all that work for what? Broken abilities.
You have just been told in your other thread on this that it does work, I cannot say myself as I am another week from it, however it would perhaps be better to double check than write potentially spurious information into lots of threads.

Captain
# 26
07-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkjoy View Post
I am sick and TIRED of people saying "you don't NEED to do this." Holy crap, you realize people want to get good equipment? The best equipment in this game is in the reputation. Cryptic refuses to make it account wide due to people not logging on as much, so less money for them.

A week and counting haven't played, just so sick of Cryptics tactics and crap now. If it doesn't change I don't plan on playing anymore.

I shouldn't have to grind reputation on a different ALT just to get better equipment on it, not to mention the fact grinding even more DIL for that single character to even get it.

Ugh so sick of this, just makes me angry now, how people accept this is beyond me.
lol way not just have one toon that can do both pvp and pve.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
07-08-2013, 07:39 AM
The simple solution is to adopt a legacy system like The Old Republic so that the game rewards those with multiple characters and encourages it.

It seems like a no brainer to do this since Cryptic would get lots of income from people re-arming new toons with the lower tier ships and equipment. For the Rep system, it would make sense for it to be an account unlock.
Survivor of Remus
# 28
07-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
You seriously go to every thread to shout about the ability not working when you didnt even understand how to use it in the first place.

Regarding the reputation systems: Yeah, it is a grind, but please dont get confused thinking that your vocal minority represents a majority.

The rep system provides post lvl cap advancement and encouragement for players to do different missions. It is a success in what it tries to do and a lot of people have fun with it.

I think the best way to not get burned out is to put some variety into your missions; try Rh'Ihho station or the Nukara Prime missions for a little bit of ground excitement, or Crystalline Catastrophe instead of the go-to Azure Nebula. Get a group of people you have fun playing with, and just do whatever projects you happen to have the marks for, dont force it.
Empire Veteran
# 29
07-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusk19 View Post
So yeah.. Got one toon to max and then was like oh great.. Another 14 to go.. Rep system spits in the face of making new toons and my opinion is, its the worst idea PWE/Cryptic has ever had... Please do something for people who have and enjoy making alt toons.
This topic has come up many times before and I'm sure it will come up many times after.

I agree with the OP that the REP systems give me shivers when I look at my 10 Characters.

Yes I know that I don't need the Rep gear or add on's to play STO but I want them and always try to work them into the builds of the Characters that I'm working with.

Now I don't think that ALT's should get a free pass just because we maxed out the Rep Systems with one Character on the Account but what I would like to see is a system that gives the player a Rep Exp bonus and contribution requirement reduction based on how many Characters on the Account have already completed the REP in question.

I'd like to see something like a 20% increase in Rep Exp and a 20% Contribution reduction to REP projects account wide if the Player has completed the REP system with one Character on the Account and an additional 5% increase in REP EXP and a 5% Contribution reduction to REP projects for each additional Character that has completed the same REP System up to a max of 50%.

So with the numbers above a player would only need to level 6 Characters through all the REP systems to get the maximum Bonus of REP EXP and Contribution to Projects Reduction.

With the above suggestion Cryptic will still get some Grind out of long time players but the players get the benefit of shorter and less expensive grinds.

I'd see it has a nice incentive to get more players to role ALT's which many players are reluctant to do because the Grinds make it so unappealing.
Career Officer
# 30
07-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
This topic has come up many times before and I'm sure it will come up many times after.

I agree with the OP that the REP systems give me shivers when I look at my 10 Characters.

Yes I know that I don't need the Rep gear or add on's to play STO but I want them and always try to work them into the builds of the Characters that I'm working with.

Now I don't think that ALT's should get a free pass just because we maxed out the Rep Systems with one Character on the Account but what I would like to see is a system that gives the player a Rep Exp bonus and contribution requirement reduction based on how many Characters on the Account have already completed the REP in question.

I'd like to see something like a 20% increase in Rep Exp and a 20% Contribution reduction to REP projects account wide if the Player has completed the REP system with one Character on the Account and an additional 5% increase in REP EXP and a 5% Contribution reduction to REP projects for each additional Character that has completed the same REP System up to a max of 50%.

So with the numbers above a player would only need to level 6 Characters through all the REP systems to get the maximum Bonus of REP EXP and Contribution to Projects Reduction.

With the above suggestion Cryptic will still get some Grind out of long time players but the players get the benefit of shorter and less expensive grinds.

I'd see it has a nice incentive to get more players to role ALT's which many players are reluctant to do because the Grinds make it so unappealing.
I like this, it makes sense, it's not greedy and it encourage play on other toons, nice work.