Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
I don't get why Romulans allied with Klingons or Federation would want Tasha to get back in time. The Klingons should want to kill her to keep her from reversing their victory over the Federation. Romulans of both factions should want her to NOT go back in time because no Tasha - no Sela. Also, what use are the rewards for a Romulan? I don't get it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Because if the Romulans or Klingons do not get her and the Enterprise-C back. The Tholians are the rulers of the alpha and beta quadrants

Last edited by crappyturbo; 07-07-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: clairification
Commander
# 3
07-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Not to mention all the butterflies. The "real" timeline included Tasha and Sela. Remove her and no-one could know what effect that would have.

I never unpacked the ship myself, but it's technically the first free cruiser that Romfeds can get their hands on. And particularly if we're talking about PVE, it's not the stealth on warbirds is terribly useful.
Captain
# 4
07-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Since I did it on both Fed and KDF. I just did a click, run, etc. And saw how fast I could fly through the mission. To me I mainly saw it more a Fed type mission. As the KDF didn't have much difference.
Captain
# 5
07-07-2013, 06:23 PM
In that timeline, the Klingons and the Romulans were both conquered by the Dominion.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Rihannsu
# 6
07-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksamuelson View Post
I don't get why Romulans allied with Klingons or Federation would want Tasha to get back in time. The Klingons should want to kill her to keep her from reversing their victory over the Federation. Romulans of both factions should want her to NOT go back in time because no Tasha - no Sela. Also, what use are the rewards for a Romulan? I don't get it.

Because in that time-line there is no Sela. Sela doesn't exist in that timeline until Tasha goes back in time.

The characters seem to be aware that something is wrong, but they don't recall the previous time-line, all they have to go on is what Richard and Tasha tell them, and their own sense that something isn't right.

They do not have any knowledge of who Tasha Yar is (or will become) because it hasn't happened yet (even though it takes place in the past).

Not being slaves to the tholians is a motivation in and of itself.

Last edited by amwolfe; 07-07-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Lieutenant
# 7
07-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksamuelson View Post
Romulans of both factions should want her to NOT go back in time because no Tasha - no Sela.
That's how you serve your Empress? For shame.
Career Officer
# 8
07-08-2013, 09:19 AM
You have no choice but to do it, the Timeline Cops from the Pastak are there to correct the timeline with or without your help. As the story is told through your character and your character has no idea what the consequences of sending Tasha back in time would be but is aware that the quadrant is ruled by the oppressive Tholians, there is not really much to lose in playing along for any faction.
Ensign
# 9
07-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amwolfe View Post
Because in that time-line there is no Sela. Sela doesn't exist in that timeline until Tasha goes back in time.

The characters seem to be aware that something is wrong, but they don't recall the previous time-line, all they have to go on is what Richard and Tasha tell them, and their own sense that something isn't right.

They do not have any knowledge of who Tasha Yar is (or will become) because it hasn't happened yet (even though it takes place in the past).

Not being slaves to the tholians is a motivation in and of itself.
This is the big thing; the OP's confusion is predicated on knowledge that the character doesn't have.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnoukh View Post
Not to mention all the butterflies. The "real" timeline included Tasha and Sela. Remove her and no-one could know what effect that would have.

I never unpacked the ship myself, but it's technically the first free cruiser that Romfeds can get their hands on. And particularly if we're talking about PVE, it's not the stealth on warbirds is terribly useful.
It's very good as a cruiser, but the cloaking from warbirds adds a non-insignificant amount of turn, and some DPS which any player using a cruiser probably wouldn't say no to.