Republic Veteran
# 11
07-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Re-structured the guide and added some polish.
Ensign
# 12
07-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Has anybody tested with Tachyon beam whether the stacks shed depends on Aux or the level of the ability? I'm thinking about setting up a boff for CE, but few of the ships I fly have better than a Lt. Sci station.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Noticed that if you have a singularity core and use the ability (makes Singularity and jumps your ship 5 km)

you drop that close to the entity, for a time it's beam attacks hit less. and can also act as a grav well and hold Fragments.

want to be moving fast when doing so.
Republic Veteran
# 14
07-08-2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigen42 View Post
Has anybody tested with Tachyon beam whether the stacks shed depends on Aux or the level of the ability? I'm thinking about setting up a boff for CE, but few of the ships I fly have better than a Lt. Sci station.
As far as I can tell it is a fixed rate of counters cleansed per tick regardless of any outside effects, but I haven't tested this extensively and I only tested with Tachyon Beam 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8472 View Post
Noticed that if you have a singularity core and use the ability (makes Singularity and jumps your ship 5 km)

you drop that close to the entity, for a time it's beam attacks hit less. and can also act as a grav well and hold Fragments.

want to be moving fast when doing so.
Tip You can increase the effectiveness of the Accuracy debuff from Singularity Jump utilizing a Singularity core with the sufffix [Jump].
Rihannsu
# 15
07-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqen0hghar View Post
...energy syphon does not remove the stacks. tyken's rift and tachyon beam are working fine.
Are you referring to Energy Siphon removing Re-Crystallize stacks? I agree, ES is not effective to remove those counters, but I can confirm Tachyon Beam works great (haven't used Tyken's Rift).

I wonder if ES is only effective on removing the (I think they're called) "Energy Storage" counters the CE gets during it's absorption phase...

Hmmm... I'll have to try and pay closer attention when using my drain builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigen42 View Post
As far as I can tell it is a fixed rate of counters cleansed per tick regardless of any outside effects, but I haven't tested this extensively and I only tested with Tachyon Beam 1...
I've witnessed the same. Tachyon Beam I, regardless of Aux level, seems to remove 5x Re-Crystallize stacks. I haven't used higher levels of Tachyon Beam.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.