Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 11
07-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Will try to be in attendance!

And I sincerely hope that participants manage to behave themselves, and a repeat of what Taco had to put up (namey lots of stupid questions that have NOTHING to do with the area of STO that he looks after) doesn't reoccur.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Rihannsu
# 12
07-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Yellow part ---^ Exactly why it will be on Nimbus. Everyone is already on Risa for the event, so let's switch it up a bit.

Now to think of party names...

Return to Nimbus: Electric Danceoff
The Dancetroop of Nimbus
Pirate Dancing: Nimbus Nights
How Nimbus got its Groove Back

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Paradice Prancing
Nimble Nimbus
No Three Titty Kittys allowed
Ensign
# 13
07-08-2013, 10:08 AM
random thought, if there's a radio involved, players with headsets and mics should jump on for a vocal conversation on the air
Career Officer
# 14
07-08-2013, 10:32 AM
I like it. If I'm available, count me in. Maybe you can call it "Warping Wednesdays" and make it a universal day of STO-playing.
Ensign
# 15 dance parties
07-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Yeah there should definitely be some social events on Risa!
Ensign
# 16
07-08-2013, 01:27 PM
If you really want people to use the Nimbus III map for social events, open up Stronghold as a social map.

Also sell actual swimwear for Risa, if it's okay for an NPC to wear it, why not a player?
Career Officer
# 17
07-08-2013, 01:28 PM
I like the idea of a social event on Nimbus but IMO the most appropriate place for that would be Shangdu, which really really REALLY should be open for visits after completing the episode mission. It seems I'm not the only one feeling like that, according to this thread, and this one too. And there's this thread where I mentioned Shangdu as a social hot-spot as well, although the initial subject was apparently more about some of the employees

I sincerely hope Cryptic is going/able to pick up on this, it's too good a feature to be missed!

Last edited by mntlrptrs; 07-08-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: wrong links, sry
Captain
# 18
07-08-2013, 01:30 PM
@Branflakes, If you can get the art team to make T-Shirts for parties and have those as door prizes you will get many many players coming to the parties. Then have raffles for different zen items as the top wins and box's of marks and refined dilithium and MK XII very rare and desireable items to be raffled off throughout the event it would give people more of an incentive to join these parties.

You can take a look at Anarchy Onlines parties with all the giveaways they do, shirts, special drinks you can only get during the event, social items like masks and party favors. All those bring in players and tons more fun.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Sounds like fun, see you there.
Career Officer
# 20
07-08-2013, 02:39 PM
How about a high rollers table? Max bet over 100. Going to take forever and a day to hit the 1mil mark for the last accolade.
Closed Thread