Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 61
07-08-2013, 03:02 PM
I used to have 6 Characters, now I have 1. Just way too much grind, even repeating the story missions gets old.
Career Officer
# 62
07-09-2013, 04:39 AM
According to Geko and this Massively Interview, there will be a new Reputation with the next Season.

I have nothing against grinding, but what we have in STO is beyond grinding, it has become a job outside my job.

Cryptic it is enough, make them account wide!

Last edited by bridgern; 07-09-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Career Officer
# 63
07-09-2013, 05:00 AM
Well, I now have two characters at T5 on Omega and Romulan. Both are T2 Nukara; I'll probably leave one there, and take the other through T4 for the passives. I don't feel any real pressure to finish that one. The rewards don't justify it to me.

I'm about to start grinding STFs and Epohhs on a third character. Taking them one at a time does make it more manageable.

My best recommendations to Cryptic so far are:

1) Increase both the number and variety of missions that reward marks, and make them reward a worthwhile amount of marks. Every Rep should have 4-6 "elite" team missions like STFs. But they should also have good solo content, and the Tau Dewa sector patrol is a good start.

2) Allow all ground consumables used as rep inputs to be purchased and stored in stacks of 250. It will not break game balance to let people carry 250 hypos. It will preserve our sanity. Or else remove the ground consumables from inputs entirely.

3) Currently each rep rewards a decent amount of marks and dilithium upon T5 completion. Give this reward to us in an account-bound box.

Last edited by futurepastnow; 07-09-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Captain
# 64
07-09-2013, 02:15 PM
I've got to the point of having a Rommie at lvl 47, the only reason she isn't lvl 50 is the rep system, its a shame really, I quite like the ship and would like to see it in Rommie rep gear but I have forever and a day to wait for it with the rep system in the way.
Ensign
# 65
07-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Oh good another rep system next season... I think I'm done with this now. What the hell would the the next rep even be? The pakled rep where you can get amazing eyebrows at tier 5? Enough already, I hate the stupid grind, and when you are done with this rep guess what? You get another rep system! How about fixing PvP, something that has been neglected since the game began, you know, add one map. Either make it account wide, or stop the time gate and give us a chance to get the rep and actually play the game.
Captain
# 66
07-10-2013, 04:51 AM
We all know, Rep won't be account wide due to it would it stop players from coming back and replaying it with your alts (In the Devs' eyes). However, I would like an account-wide discount if you already have a toon at max level with each rep.
Career Officer
# 67
07-10-2013, 05:00 AM
Not bothering grinding on new characters either.

My primary character, a sci, is at T5 on everything but Nukara. I simply CAN'T face grinding my other characters.

To be honest, there is little motivation to do so anyway - Elite Fleet Gear is more than enough for most of the missions/scenarios that the game presents. None of the Rep gear is THAT overwhelmingly superior to the Elite Fleet gear.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Empire Veteran
# 68
07-10-2013, 07:28 AM
It's easy to see that the reputation system keeps people playing, but it is such a deterrent to starting new characters that I have a hard time imagining it makes Cryptic more money in the long run.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 69
07-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
My best recommendations to Cryptic so far are:

1) Increase both the number and variety of missions that reward marks, and make them reward a worthwhile amount of marks. Every Rep should have 4-6 "elite" team missions like STFs. But they should also have good solo content, and the Tau Dewa sector patrol is a good start.

2) Allow all ground consumables used as rep inputs to be purchased and stored in stacks of 250. It will not break game balance to let people carry 250 hypos. It will preserve our sanity. Or else remove the ground consumables from inputs entirely.

3) Currently each rep rewards a decent amount of marks and dilithium upon T5 completion. Give this reward to us in an account-bound box.
1 and 2 are pretty good, but I don't think marks should be account wide. Dilithium and EC can already be transferred between characters.
Career Officer
# 70
07-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinruneblade View Post
1 and 2 are pretty good, but I don't think marks should be account wide. Dilithium and EC can already be transferred between characters.
Yeah, I know dil can be traded easily.

But letting us send the mark reward to another character would take a bit of the sting out of starting the rep again on a new one... and once a player begins gaining rep XP, they'd be more likely to continue.