Ensign
# 51
06-22-2013, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovious View Post
Except, that, in practice, that is not what happened. With the option set to disable shoulder-cam, the cameras DID NOT move to the side when we scrolled in closer, and when we scrolled in all the way, behind/above the head, one more scroll-in with the wheel, put us in first-person view.

Whatever the reasons for that having found its way into STO in the first place, the behavior worked BEAUTIFULLY as it stood.

The only problem was the option setting not saving itself.

You are exaggerating the 'problem' with keeping that view in. Since we could disable it, even temporarily, it worked without a 'rework of the camera code', and since you are the coders to begin with? "hard-coded" is meaningless.

Putting a workaround that would go through the routine to reset the shoulder-cam to off, the same routine that was used when we changed the option manually, to disable the shoulder-cam, isn't as problematic as you make it out to be.

You have plenty of people who play STO and read these forums that have some experience with dealing with coding issues, and your reasoning for removing the non-shoulder-cam/first-person view that we have enjoyed and have come to depend on, adding to our enjoyment of being in STO in the first place, falls flat.

It _was_ a functional option, albeit one that had an option setting that wasn't persistent, which isn't a big issue to resolve and make it persistent.

And, you removed the functional option, rather than make the setting persistent.

The functionality itself, worked perfectly. Removing it, and leaving us with what we have left, makes me loathe ground combat.

Sorry, but your excuses do not make any logical sense, and from my past coding experience, it doesn't make sense there either.

Please go back to your coders, and instruct them to re-insert the code, and address the non-saving option setting, properly.

-- Smoov
Ok so I am new to STO. That being said great game! However I am also an avid FPS player and Flight sim enthusiast, on top of that I am a programmer and completely agree with Smoov, When a customer likes a feature that doesnt work perfectly I dont come up with a "Oh I'm sorry it would be to much work for my team to make that work properly" mentality. I would not be employed long if i did.

Fix it, Test it, Release it!

--Mike
Captain
# 52
06-24-2013, 02:58 PM
I am coming to the conclusion that someone in upper managment making decisions is not very good at the job. It does not look like they actualy look into the pro's and con's of each decision but just chooses one without considering how the players will react. 100 mail limit, deleting mail with no warning, removing a good feature, Maintanence during prime time, many many examples of decisions that were the wrong decision or poorly implememnted such as no warning so players can remove attachments from mail or save important mail in other forms to taking away the camera choices altogether.

Mismanagment hurts online games, It makes the game bad for players. bad for players makes fewer players. fewer players is less income for the game company. Damage control over and over gets people fired.
Lt. Commander
# 53
06-26-2013, 09:52 AM
The real question now since they have acknowledged this thread is, will they fix it? Or did I waste all that money on this game?
Commander
# 54
07-05-2013, 07:42 AM
I'll take the silence as a 'no'...

-- Smoov
Lt. Commander
# 55
07-08-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovious View Post
I'll take the silence as a 'no'...

-- Smoov
The silence is deafening..
Captain
# 56
07-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Shhh someone at cryptic is actualy thinking about a decision, dont disturb them!!!

Oh wait thats probably not it.
Republic Veteran
# 57
07-11-2013, 07:28 AM
The shoulder camera is annoying, so hopefully Cryptic sees the value in bringing back a fully functioning first person camera view.
Lt. Commander
# 58
07-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
The shoulder camera is annoying, so hopefully Cryptic sees the value in bringing back a fully functioning first person camera view.
I agree! They really need to fix this problem in the right way and just give us the FPS mode back. There was no reason to get rid of it. I never saw anyone complaining about it's existence before. Only asking it to be fixed.
Ensign
# 59
10-12-2013, 04:52 PM
couple moments ago installed TSO after a year break, looking forward to playing ground, and now i found about this lol, GG
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Really wish they never broke STO

I just returned to the game after leaving due to this being broken.. I was really, I do mean really hoping you had fixed it by now. By fixed it I mean put First Person mode back in the game.. 3rd person is so damn disorienting..

Last edited by alaerick; 03-06-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Closed Thread