Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward > Captain's Table (RP)
Login

Lieutenant
# 91
07-04-2013, 01:34 AM
[U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Sickbay]

*Lieutenant Shrod stood stern by his biobed, head tilted down and his fists clenched tight. The forcefield had been re-erected as a precautionary measure, and two armed security officers stood near the door. The Chief Medical Officer, Doctor Luis Sandhurst, and the nurse were in the office, thoroughly examining all scan results of Shrod?s brain activity, along with anything else they could find that might be helpful in any way.

Ensign Wil stepped through the door.

Shrod stared as Wil walked into the office and talked silently with the doctor for a short time. They then exited the office and crossed over to the biobed where he stood.*

Wil: Lower the forcefield.

Security Officer: On who?s authority?

Wil: On the authority of the U.S.S. Bunker Hill?s representative of the U.S.S. Vancouver?s crew. Lower the forcefield.

*The security officer nods to the other, who taps in the command.*

Wil: We're going to try to free you from Mr. Shrod's body. We're going to have to sedate you in order to do so.

Shrod: We will not permit you to remove our sentience!

Sandhurst: You will not be affected, it will only deny you access to the Lieutenant's motor functions to allow us to attempt the procedure.

*Shrod's green eyes stared directly into Wil's.*

Shrod: If you fail, or attempt to deceive us, we will retaliate with all our strength. Your precious technology will become useless. We will possess your bodies and drive them to die. We will crumble your Federation into dust and plague your species for countless generations to come. *Wil nods to the doctor.* You have not known true suffering until you have crossed--*Doctor Sandhurst injects Shrod's body with a quick hypospray to the neck, instantly demobilizing him.*

*Moments later, Shrod's body, equipped with a cortical probe, is lying on the biobed. Doctor Sandhurst is manning the bed's console.*

Wil: How's it look?

Sandhurst: Befuddling to say the least. It's not everyday you get to deal with two patients sharing the same brain. I'm still recalibrating the probe to compensate... There.

Wil: There?

Sandhurst: Yes! There. See that sinusoidal graph? Those are the entities' brain patterns, and from the looks of it, they seem quite agitated at the moment.

Wil: Any sign of Shrod's?

Sandhurst: Hmm... Let me adjust the sensor range... Ah...

Wil: Ah?

Sandhurst: Yes. Ah. See that straight line? That's our Lieutenant.

Wil: So what, does that mean he's dead?

Sandhurst: Not every straight line on a medical display implies death, Ensign. He's simply dormant.

Wil: Well how do we wake him up?

Sandhurst: We can't. Not until we've expelled the entities. We'll have to force them out somehow. Then, presumably, Mr. Shrod's brain functions will activate to fill the gap. At least, after some persuasion with a cortical stimulator.

Wil: Alright, so now all we gotta do is... remove the aliens.

Sandhurst: Indeed...

Wil: ...Well?

Sandhurst: Shush! I'm thinking.

Nurse: We can't talk when he's thinking. *She rolls her eyes.*

Sandhurst: I've got it!

Wil: Tell us!

Sandhurst: Well, we can't merely suppress the brain activity until it's gone, as that would kill our alien hosts and possibly Mr. Shrod along with them, which is less than desirable. However, if we can transfer the brain activity somewhere else, the aliens might follow, leaving room for Mr. Shrod's functions to return!

Wil: Sounds good. But where would we transfer them to?

Sandhurst: I have an idea... I might be able to emulate a Borg neural transceiver, but with modified settings so as to "download" the aliens into the device, as opposed to downloading the lieutenant into the collective.

Wil: It's a bit outside-the-box, but if you think it'll work...

Sandhurst: It's our best option.

Wil: Then let's get to it.

Sandhurst: Computer, bring up a detailed working description of a Borg neural transceiver. Now make the following modifications.

*Sandhurst begins working away at his modified transceiver.*

Wil: How long is this gonna take?

Sandhurst: Not long. I've attended numerous seminars pertaining to the use of Borg technology in common medicine. Really quite a fascinating topic!

Wil: Have you ever used it in practice?

Sandhurst: No. But I've seen demonstrations! There! That should do it! Computer, save this updated schematic under "Sandhurst Borg Prototype 001" and replicate one.

*The computer produces a modified neural transceiver and the nurse attaches it to the base of Shrod's skull.*

Sandhurst: Activating the transceiver... It appears to be working! The entities' brain patterns are being transferred. Neurogenic energy is draining, compensating now... Yes! The transfer is almost complete!

*Wil approached the biobed and placed his hands on the side.*

Sandhurst: Wait... No! Shrod's patterns are being sucked into the transceiver!

Wil: Stop it!

Sandhurst: I can't! The transceiver can't tell the two patterns apart. We're losing him! Should I terminate the procedure?

Wil: ...If we continue, will the aliens be harmed?

Sandhurst: ...No. Their brain patterns will exist inside the transceiver until we deactivate it, allowing them to escape.

Wil: And Shrod?

Sandhurst: His will be lost... Forever.

Wil: Dammit!

*Wil clenched his teeth and tightened his grip on the edge of the biobed.*

Sandhurst: Ensign?

Wil: ...Do it...

--To be continued...--

"There are three things to remember about being a starship captain:
keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
# 92
07-04-2013, 03:43 PM
*U.S.S. Lexington Battle Group, Haakona Sector. The Battle Group comprises of the U.S.S. Lexington (Odyssey-Class), U.S.S. Galaxy (Galaxy-Class), U.S.S. Monitor (Defiant-Class), U.S.S. Elizabeth (Sovereign-Class) and U.S.S. Cairo (Stargazer-Class).

The Lexington takes a major hit to her Saucer Section from a Borg plasma torpedo as the Monitor flies past into a strafing run on a massive Borg Cube, which is tearing into the Battle Group.

U.S.S. Victorious, en-route to Haakona Sector via Starbase 39-Sierra. Ryan is sitting in his seat, having heard the alert 30 minutes earlier that the Lexington's Battle Group had engaged the Borg.*

Alpha: Captain.

*Ryan looks up at the Android Operations Officer.*

We are receiving an emergency transmission from the Galaxy.

Ryan: On speakers.

Starfleet Captain *Over comm, distorted*: This is U.S.S. Galaxy to any starship in range! The Lexington's gone! We've lost the Monitor and the Elizabeth, as well! If anyone can hear us, do NOT approach the Haakona System! Repeat, do NOT approach Haakona!

Ryan: Captain, this is the Victorious! Can you give us visual contact?!

Starfleet Captain *Over comm, distorted*: Stand by!

*The Viewscreen displays the image of the Lexington's shattered hull as it drifts past the screen, showing the sight of phaser beams and quantum torpedoes firing into the Borg Cube, doing little to no damage. Suddenly, a blast from the Borg rips apart the Cairo.*

The Cairo is gone!

Victorious, do you read--?!

*The transmission cuts off as a Borg weapons blast is fired towards the Galaxy.*

Ryan: Galaxy, do you read?

Alpha: We lost the signal.

*Ryan drops his head, before pressing a control on his control panel.*

Ryan: All hands, Battle Stations.

*The Red Alert Klaxon sounds as the lighting drops to the pulsating red.*

Helm, get us to Starbase 39.

Helm: Aye, sir.

*U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Vancouver's recovery position. Soval walks into his Ready Room. He sits down before feeling something forcing its way through his mind.

He slips into flashes of memories.*

Dr Lassiter: They say time is the fire in which we burn.

*He sees the battle-scarred U.S.S. Khitomer as a Bridge Crew stares out at the battlefield.*

Khitomer Crewman: We've lost most of our crew, and we need help NOW!

*He sees himself beaming back to the U.S.S. Miranda, seeing dead bodies in the transporter room - including the Miranda's Security Chief - as he looks at the battle-scarred Transporter Chief.*

Sylix: The senior staff are all among the casualties...

*He suddenly flashes into an eerie dark corridor of a Miranda-Class Starship. He can see blood on the walls, mostly human, until he comes to a message painted on the walls - painted in Vulcan blood - saying:

"WHERE WERE YOU?"*

Soval: Hello?

*He hears a whimper, following it through the corridors until he enters Main Engineering, filled with 10 Borg Drones, all recently Assimilated, still wearing Starfleet Uniforms. He recognises all their faces.*

Demitz... Col... Makri...

Demitz: Why did you betray us, Soval?

Soval: I tried.

Col: Why did you abandon us?

Soval: I didn't abandon you!

I tried!

Makri: We trusted you!

Soval: I tried! Surak, I tried.

*A feminine figure emerges from the crowd, keeping her face hidden in the shadows, but a voice that Soval recognises.*

Voice: I trusted you.

Soval: No...

No, this is... impossible. This is not real.

Voice: WE trusted you!

Soval: I am in control. I... am in... contro-- *He gags as he feels cold metal pierce through his skin, before falling into darkness.

He wakes up on the floor of his Ready Room, with T'las kneeling over him, feeling his neck for a pulse.*

T'las: Soval...? Come on... can you hear me?

*He coughs, before beginning to pick himself up.*

Soval: Indeed.

T'las: Thank...

What happened?

Soval: Nothing. I am fine.

T'las: Soval--

Soval: I am FINE. Was there something you wished to speak to me about, Commander?

*T'las stares at him, irritation creeping into her mood.*

T'las *irritated*: Yeah. Duty Roster. It's on your desk.

By your leave, sir?

Soval: Dismissed.

*T'las walks out, frustration present in the speed of her exit. Soval sits behind his desk, rubbing his temples before going into a meditative pose.*

Soval: Structure... logic... function... control. A structure... cannot stand without a foundation. Logic is the foundation of function. Function is the essence of control. I am in control. I am... in...

*He begins straining with mental pain before digging into his desk and grabbing a telepathic suppressant. He quickly jabs it into his neck.

He then turns his head to a photo on his desk, with a young human female, about 24, standing in front of a Warp Core. She's wearing a gold engineering uniform, with her blonde hair flowing down to about shoulder height, smiling. As illogical as he knew it was, Soval couldn't help but feel a wave of grief pass through him.*

Soval *regretfully*: I tried...
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 93
07-08-2013, 04:58 AM
*U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Sickbay. Soval walks in to see the medical staff scarce. He walks over to the morgue, noticing an Andorian corpse on the table. He walks over to the Coroner.*

Soval: Doctor.

Coroner: They were able to remove the entity from Shrod's body, but they couldn't save Shrod's brain pattern.

Soval: Very well. Thank you, Doctor. I'll notify his family.

If Ensign Wil returns here, ask him to see me in my Ready Room.

Coroner: Yes sir.
My Fan Fictions
Lieutenant
# 94
07-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Sickbay. Soval walks in to see the medical staff scarce. He walks over to the morgue, noticing an Andorian corpse on the table. He walks over to the Coroner.*

Soval: Doctor.

Coroner: They were able to remove the entity from Shrod's body, but they couldn't save Shrod's brain pattern.

Soval: Very well. Thank you, Doctor. I'll notify his family.

If Ensign Wil returns here, ask him to see me in my Ready Room.

Coroner: Yes sir.
[U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Turbolift]

*Wil's head hung low as the turbo shaft lights whizzed by. He has barely talked to anyone since the incident. The crew of the U.S.S. Vancouver has already been transported off the ship. Wil is now the only one. The turbo doors opened to reveal the Odyssey bridge, and without a word, Wil walked over to the ready room and sounded the chime. When the ready room doors swished open, he walked inside and stood in front of Admiral Soval's desk.*

Wil: Sir.

keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
# 95
07-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlafrance View Post
[U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Turbolift]

*Wil's head hung low as the turbo shaft lights whizzed by. He has barely talked to anyone since the incident. The crew of the U.S.S. Vancouver has already been transported off the ship. Wil is now the only one. The turbo doors opened to reveal the Odyssey bridge, and without a word, Wil walked over to the ready room and sounded the chime. When the ready room doors swished open, he walked inside and stood in front of Admiral Soval's desk.*

Wil: Sir.
Soval: Ensign.

*He stands and gives Wil a stare that almost strikes him as regretful, if Soval hadn't been Vulcan, that is.*

I heard about what happened in Sickbay.

*He walks around the room, stopping and looking out the window, absent-minded.*

One of the most difficult parts of the Starfleet Command division, is the decisions you are forced to make within it. That's why every Cadet goes through the Kobayashi Maru.

Ensign, you were given the choice between killing Shrod to save an alien life form from being trapped in Shrod's body, or leaving the life form within, and leaving Shrod trapped within his own mind. It could not have been an easy decision. I know that.

*He glances towards a photo on his desk - the photo of the engineering ensign from the Miranda. Wil catches a look of regret on Soval's face before Soval hides it again.*

Better than you know.

For what it is worth, ensign, I think you made the right choice - for both Lieutenant Shrod and the Alien. I'm sure the lieutenant would rather be dead, than forced into the back of his own mind.

*Soval turns around.*

I've recommended to Starfleet Command that you receive a commendation for your actions here, as both the representative of the Vancouver's crew, and as part of our crew here. I hope Captain Thryiss appreciates the exemplary crew she has.

Which reminds me...

*He opens a draw and takes out a small black box.*

She asked me to make sure you had this before you left for the Sunstone.

*He places it on the desk in front of Wil.*
My Fan Fictions
Lieutenant
# 96
07-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Soval: Ensign.

*He stands and gives Wil a stare that almost strikes him as regretful, if Soval hadn't been Vulcan, that is.*

I heard about what happened in Sickbay.

*He walks around the room, stopping and looking out the window, absent-minded.*

One of the most difficult parts of the Starfleet Command division, is the decisions you are forced to make within it. That's why every Cadet goes through the Kobayashi Maru.

Ensign, you were given the choice between killing Shrod to save an alien life form from being trapped in Shrod's body, or leaving the life form within, and leaving Shrod trapped within his own mind. It could not have been an easy decision. I know that.

*He glances towards a photo on his desk - the photo of the engineering ensign from the Miranda. Wil catches a look of regret on Soval's face before Soval hides it again.*

Better than you know.

For what it is worth, ensign, I think you made the right choice - for both Lieutenant Shrod and the Alien. I'm sure the lieutenant would rather be dead, than forced into the back of his own mind.

*Soval turns around.*

I've recommended to Starfleet Command that you receive a commendation for your actions here, as both the representative of the Vancouver's crew, and as part of our crew here. I hope Captain Thryiss appreciates the exemplary crew she has.

Which reminds me...

*He opens a draw and takes out a small black box.*

She asked me to make sure you had this before you left for the Sunstone.

*He places it on the desk in front of Wil.*
*Wil opened the box to see a pip sitting in the middle.*

Wil: Sir...

*He couldn't bring himself to smile.*

Wil: I'm sorry if I'm not showing my gratitude... I just can't help but think I'm benefitting from Shrod's death, which I know is not the case...

*Wil looked at Soval, who's facial expression remained unchanged.*

Wil: Forgive me, Admiral. I'm still a little... emotional. I will wear my rank with pride. And in Shrod's memory. Thank you, sir.

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
# 97
07-12-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
*Wil opened the box to see a pip sitting in the middle.*

Wil: Sir...

*He couldn't bring himself to smile.*

Wil: I'm sorry if I'm not showing my gratitude... I just can't help but think I'm benefitting from Shrod's death, which I know is not the case...

*Wil looked at Soval, who's facial expression remained unchanged.*

Wil: Forgive me, Admiral. I'm still a little... emotional. I will wear my rank with pride. And in Shrod's memory. Thank you, sir.
Soval: Very well. Dismissed, Lieutenant.

*After Wil leaves, Soval sits at his desk, thinking. Suddenly, the comm chimes.*

Soval here.

T'las *Over Comm*: Sorry to interrupt, Admiral, but we're receiving a transmission from the U.S.S. Victorious. It's for you, sir.

Soval: Thank you, Commander. Patch it through.

*Soon, the image of Ryan appears on the screen.*

Captain, what can I do for you?

Ryan: Soval, I need to speak with you right now! Meet us at the Beta Pictoris System. I've also been reinforced by the U.S.S. Constantinople and U.S.S. Oxford.

Soval: What is your situation?

Ryan: My situation is that the Borg just kidnapped one of my crewmen!

Soval: On our way.

*Soval shuts down the console and walks out of his Ready Room, through the Deck 1 access corridor and onto the Bridge.*

Lieutenant Ores, once Ensign Wil is aboard the Sunspot, set course for Beta Pictoris and engage, Warp 9. Invite Captain Thryiss to join us, but advise her that we are heading to assist another Starfleet vessel attacked by the Borg.

Ores: Aye sir!

Soval: All decks, Yellow Alert!
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 98
07-12-2013, 02:09 PM
[U.S.S. Warrego, Yellowstone-class, Starbase 114, Regulus Sector]

*After the sifting through criminal reports on Orion Syndicate activity in Federation space and cross referencing them with freight traffic that had trade routes that passed through these regions with 'suspicious' cargo, Kyle found that some of these freighters frequented a starbase that once had a commander who had been arrested for treason, and that was Starbase 114.*

Kyle: Warrego to Starbase 114, requesting permission to dock.

Starbase control: This is Starbase 114, you are cleared to land at Bay 4.

Kyle: Roger that control, heading to Bay 4.

*Kyle closed the channel. He needed time to prepare himself to find a reason for his visit and also would have to wait for the freighter captain he was chasing to show up.*
"I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105
Lieutenant
# 99
07-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Soval: Very well. Dismissed, Lieutenant.

*After Wil leaves, Soval sits at his desk, thinking. Suddenly, the comm chimes.*

Soval here.

T'las *Over Comm*: Sorry to interrupt, Admiral, but we're receiving a transmission from the U.S.S. Victorious. It's for you, sir.

Soval: Thank you, Commander. Patch it through.

*Soon, the image of Ryan appears on the screen.*

Captain, what can I do for you?

Ryan: Soval, I need to speak with you right now! Meet us at the Beta Pictoris System. I've also been reinforced by the U.S.S. Constantinople and U.S.S. Oxford.

Soval: What is your situation?

Ryan: My situation is that the Borg just kidnapped one of my crewmen!

Soval: On our way.

*Soval shuts down the console and walks out of his Ready Room, through the Deck 1 access corridor and onto the Bridge.*

Lieutenant Ores, once Ensign Wil is aboard the Sunspot, set course for Beta Pictoris and engage, Warp 9. Invite Captain Thryiss to join us, but advise her that we are heading to assist another Starfleet vessel attacked by the Borg.

Ores: Aye sir!

Soval: All decks, Yellow Alert!
(OOC: lol, "Sunspot")

[U.S.S. Sunstone, Transporter Room]

*Lieutenant Wil materialized in the transporter room and was greeted by the Sunstone's first officer, Tamsin McLean. Wil was slightly taken aback by her presence.*

Wil: What are you doing here?

McLean: That's no way to greet your XO, Lieutenant.

Wil: (Almost facetiously) Lietenant Wil, reporting for duty, sir.

McLean: That's more like it. Now come give your big sister a hug. That's an order.

*She extended her arms with a smile and Wil complied.*

McLean: So, "Lieutenant", eh? When did this happen?

Wil: About half an hour ago, actually. It was Admiral Soval's parting gift to me.

McLean: Well then! We'll have to celebrate! But first, you need to come with me to the bridge. We're following the Bunker Hill to the Beta Pictoris System to deal with a Borg situation.

Transporter Officer: I'll see that your bag be taken to your quarters, sir.

*They exit the transporter room and head for the bridge.*

Wil: Looks like I'll be thrown right into the deep-end.

McLean: Seems that way, mister tactical officer. Here, read this. *She hands him a PADD* Some basic info about the Sunstone.

Wil: "Crew Complement: 145." Wow, that's quite the change from the Vancouver's 2000.

McLean: Better get used to the faces you see onboard, you'll be seeing them quite often from now on.

Wil: Over 90 of them are Andorian, eh? No wonder it's a bit cool, here.

McLean: Exactly 16.5 degrees Celsius. They wanted it lower, but the five Vulcans we have aboard launched a complaint. Oh! Excuse me! A "Protest".

Wil: Of course! The day a Vulcan admits to complaining will be the day targs fly.

*Wil then remembered the day T'las smiled at him.*

McLean: Keep reading, there's something that'll interest you. (To the turbolift control) Bridge.

Wil: Let's see... "One holodeck"... "Borg-enhanced Astrometrix"... "Defenses", "Weapons", "Multi-Vect"--- What!? Really? But... I've never been trained to... to run the... I've never even done a simulation!

McLean: Don't worry! You'll be brought up to speed on the way there. Besides, most of it is automated, it'll be a cinch!

Wil: Wow... I have a feeling I'm gonna have a lot of fun on this ship.

McLean: I knew it'd catch your eye!

*The turbo doors open to reveal the bridge. It was much darker than the Vancouver's, and this one had been slightly modified to include two chairs in the middle rather than one. Wil found it slightly odd that the Captain wasn't directly centre, though it emphasized the level of trust between the Captain and her first officer.*

Thryiss: Mr. Wil! Welcome aboard the Sunstone.

Wil: It's an honour, Captain!

Thryiss: I'm glad to have you back. Take your post, Lieutenant.

*Wil walked toward the starboard-aft of the bridge where the tactical and security consoles were stationed. Free-standing consoles were added in addition to the bulkhead-mounted ones so that officers could work facing forward. Wil preferred this layout. He enjoyed seeing everything on the viewscreen.*

Thryiss: Lieutenant Eos, set a course for the Beta Pictoris System, matching the Bunker Hill's velocity.

Eos: Aye, Captain.

Thryiss: Ensign P'Vic, tell Admiral Soval we're ready when he is.

P'Vic: Yes, sir!

Thryiss: Let's see how she handles!

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
# 100
07-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
(OOC: lol, "Sunspot")

[U.S.S. Sunstone, Transporter Room]

*Lieutenant Wil materialized in the transporter room and was greeted by the Sunstone's first officer, Tamsin McLean. Wil was slightly taken aback by her presence.*

Wil: What are you doing here?

McLean: That's no way to greet your XO, Lieutenant.

Wil: (Almost facetiously) Lietenant Wil, reporting for duty, sir.

McLean: That's more like it. Now come give your big sister a hug. That's an order.

*She extended her arms with a smile and Wil complied.*

McLean: So, "Lieutenant", eh? When did this happen?

Wil: About half an hour ago, actually. It was Admiral Soval's parting gift to me.

McLean: Well then! We'll have to celebrate! But first, you need to come with me to the bridge. We're following the Bunker Hill to the Beta Pictoris System to deal with a Borg situation.

Transporter Officer: I'll see that your bag be taken to your quarters, sir.

*They exit the transporter room and head for the bridge.*

Wil: Looks like I'll be thrown right into the deep-end.

McLean: Seems that way, mister tactical officer. Here, read this. *She hands him a PADD* Some basic info about the Sunstone.

Wil: "Crew Complement: 145." Wow, that's quite the change from the Vancouver's 2000.

McLean: Better get used to the faces you see onboard, you'll be seeing them quite often from now on.

Wil: Over 90 of them are Andorian, eh? No wonder it's a bit cool, here.

McLean: Exactly 16.5 degrees Celsius. They wanted it lower, but the five Vulcans we have aboard launched a complaint. Oh! Excuse me! A "Protest".

Wil: Of course! The day a Vulcan admits to complaining will be the day targs fly.

*Wil then remembered the day T'las smiled at him.*

McLean: Keep reading, there's something that'll interest you. (To the turbolift control) Bridge.

Wil: Let's see... "One holodeck"... "Borg-enhanced Astrometrix"... "Defenses", "Weapons", "Multi-Vect"--- What!? Really? But... I've never been trained to... to run the... I've never even done a simulation!

McLean: Don't worry! You'll be brought up to speed on the way there. Besides, most of it is automated, it'll be a cinch!

Wil: Wow... I have a feeling I'm gonna have a lot of fun on this ship.

McLean: I knew it'd catch your eye!

*The turbo doors open to reveal the bridge. It was much darker than the Vancouver's, and this one had been slightly modified to include two chairs in the middle rather than one. Wil found it slightly odd that the Captain wasn't directly centre, though it emphasized the level of trust between the Captain and her first officer.*

Thryiss: Mr. Wil! Welcome aboard the Sunstone.

Wil: It's an honour, Captain!

Thryiss: I'm glad to have you back. Take your post, Lieutenant.

*Wil walked toward the starboard-aft of the bridge where the tactical and security consoles were stationed. Free-standing consoles were added in addition to the bulkhead-mounted ones so that officers could work facing forward. Wil preferred this layout. He enjoyed seeing everything on the viewscreen.*

Thryiss: Lieutenant Eos, set a course for the Beta Pictoris System, matching the Bunker Hill's velocity.

Eos: Aye, Captain.

Thryiss: Ensign P'Vic, tell Admiral Soval we're ready when he is.

P'Vic: Yes, sir!

Thryiss: Let's see how she handles!
OOC: LOL, oops *facepalm*.

*U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Bridge.*

Ores: Sir, Captain Thryiss says she's ready when you are.

Soval: Very well, Mr Ores. Engage!

*The Bunker Hill jumps to high warp, heading for the Beta Pictoris System.*
My Fan Fictions