Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,052
# 61
07-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandus View Post
A few seconds of inattention, you can find yourself dead. No other weapon in game can do that.
Most of my inattentive deaths, the vast majority of them...have not come from DHCs. Actually, they've not even come from other players. THY Trics, THY Omegas, and yeah that new Rom Mega Torp is awesome for inattentive self-deaths.

Course, in other folks - while flying around Ker'rat and Ker'chatting - I've seen quite a few folks that weren't paying attention eat a BO or two from DBBs that melted a facing right as the torps hit them.

Then there's the folks that are oblivious to the Breen Cluster that's been following them for a few weeks..and they just pop.

As mentioned, there's the Nukara Mines. Oh, even though Tric Mines aren't what they used to be - that DPB3 of them and some random Phaser proc can make things exciting.

The list just goes on and on of how you could kill somebody if they're not paying attention and leaving themselves wide open...

...somebody post a Jav shot, eh? I would ask for a Lance shot - but then I'd lose all credibility.

...though, admittedly - you could probably get up and go the bathroom...come back and find yourself bursting out in laughter at the guy sprinkling your ship with Skittles.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 62
07-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandus View Post
Clearly, all you can think of is : "Me, me, what about me!"

Let's see, here is my OP : http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...81&postcount=1

Did I mention "me" or its equivalent anywhere?
in fact, you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandus View Post
Since I started this thread, I got hate mails in game and even a challenge for a duel by - you guess, DHC wielding escorts - like from a Mobius Timeship Destroyer who shall remain nameless. Suffice to say, the Timeship easily blew up without even scratching me.
oh, will you look at that, what i quoted was you boasting of a kill, i do believe i did NOT quote the op, but that post instead, will you look at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandus View Post
The two of you are egoistic beyond comprehension. In other words, what you are saying is legislators shouldn't pass laws to provide shelters and social assistance to people living in poverty because themselves aren't in poverty? What kind of logic is that? Again, the same "Me, me, what about me crowd!"

One of the often ignored plea from the vast majority of people in STO can be summarized in this quote here :
yes the game hasn't been dumbed down enough, it should be made even easier for the failboats. they shouldn't have to actually L2P, everyone should just get stupider around them! its going to take a lot more then 4 dhcs to kill any of my ships, you better bring more spike or sci then that. when the complainers stop complaining and start reading my thread or going through bootcamp, they will be able to say the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandus View Post
DHC are by far the deadliest of any weapon in STO where escorts brag about their DPS all the time. They are OP beyond imagination yet you prefer to let it destroy whatever that is left of the PvP than to see it being balanced. Again, egoistic beyond comprehension. Once again: "The needs of many outweigh the needs of the few." Maybe this is too hard for you to comprehend.

thats funny, i go to the pve sections and see nothing but the boastings of dps cruiser users with their beam array 2 AtB setups. basically the same ships i was running a year ago, but they finally caught on now.

of all the things that can harm you in game, pure energy damage is the most simple to counter, easiest to tank, and hardest to kill a good player with. theres this tell posters have, that gives away that they are total noobs. its when they complain about DHCs.

web mines are by far the deadliest weapons in STO actually. your silly story of a kill is evidence to this fact. i find it hilarious that your are so for a nerf of something as basic and conterable as DHCs, yet you are defending an i win button like the web mines, have you no shame?
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 63
07-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
in fact, you did!



oh, will you look at that, what i quoted was you boasting of a kill, i do believe i did NOT quote the op, but that post instead, will you look at that.
I too was referring to the post that I quoted in my previous post in regards to the bragging.

Bringing up how ineffective the DHC was and how non-DHC builds are more of a threat does not support the DHC nerf argument.

In fact, it does the exact opposite.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,155
# 64
07-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Iskandus bringing up that story about his super easy kills against DHC escorts using OP Nukara mines just shows he isn't even serious about this thread. Its just a troll thread because he is mad about all the Nukara mine threads and should be closed already. Geko has already said several times DHC nerf will never happen, everyone knows this. Give Up already Iskandus your mines days are numbered, visit drunks build thread in his sig to learn how to adapt already and stop with this.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 290
# 65
07-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtheyak View Post
Tried that. Didn't work. Nerfing escort tanking would be better anyway.
You're joking, right? What exactly do you mean by "escort tanking"?

I only fly escorts. One of my toons is a Tac with full T5 bonuses and all kill and damage accolades, and he flies a Patrol Escort with the exact same Hilbert build. Turns out I can't tank crap. Back when I did PvP on a daily basis, I was always invariably getting blown to pieces in seconds by pet spam cruisers and carriers, and by alpha strike freaks ALL THE TIME.

Same story with all my other toons, be it Sci, Engie or Tac, Fed or KDF. I don't last long against a P2W ship. This is the one reason I don't do PvP anymore. It is absolutely pointless. I only do it now if I'm really, really short on dil or fleet marks.

I'm really tired of -and somewhat infuriated by- people constantly complaining about escorts and crying for their nerfing, even mockingly calling the game "Escorts Online", when it is simply NOT an escorts game.

Nowdays if you don't have a supper-dupper C-Store bundle/T5 fleet/lockbox godly overpowered ship geared with ultra heavenly elite platinum fleet weapons, elite hangars and the mandatory universal console 3-set, you are TOAST.

Some might ask: "Then why do you keep flying escorts? Why not a cruiser/carrier instead?". 1) I like escorts' agility and maneuverability better than cruisers' 2) I absolutely loathe console/hangar spam. 3) I really don't care much for PvP in this game, not anymore anyway, so escorts work mighty fine for all my PvE needs.

Please, I beg you, don't nerf them.

Cheers.
Husker - RugBurn
Zaan - Mel'Kor - Zarek
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 270
# 66
07-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltinpolar View Post
I only fly escorts. One of my toons is a Tac with full T5 bonuses and all kill and damage accolades, and he flies a Patrol Escort with the exact same Hilbert build. Turns out I can't tank crap. Back when I did PvP on a daily basis, I was always invariably getting blown to pieces in seconds by pet spam cruisers and carriers, and by alpha strike freaks ALL THE TIME
Sorry to hear that. Try PvP again and you might have better luck.
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 194
# 67
07-12-2013, 04:54 PM
slow rate of fire give a reason to use standard dual
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,620
# 68
07-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltinpolar View Post
Please, I beg you, don't nerf them.

Cheers.
i wouldnt nerf them... directly.
i would just tie weapon power drain to dps
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,052
# 69
07-12-2013, 04:59 PM
edit: That may have come off more hostile than intended. What I consider wrong with the game has been doing very well for Cryptic - allowing them to expand their customerbase, increase revenue, etc, etc, etc.

It's just a case that it would be nifty if certain folks put a little more effort into it - so that Cryptic didn't have to keep lowering the bar over and over and over and over...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel

Last edited by virusdancer; 07-12-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 647
# 70
07-12-2013, 05:29 PM
"Nerf escorts, i should be able of kill them all with my dreagnouht"

lol post
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:22 PM.