Commander
# 1 AFK epidemic
07-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Is there any way to kick people that join a task force and then walk away?

Crystalline catastrophe is maybe one of the better way to get nukkar marks. 3minuets ago is not the first time I've tried it and counted a grand total of three or four players actually moving.
Republic Veteran
# 2
07-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Is there a way to make sure I stay connected to the server while participating in a PvE event?

I am tired of my ship not responding to my commands and just sitting still, rubber-banding, or just flying in a straight line taking damage till I die - sometimes I even get dropped by the server and receive a 1 hour ban. I am trying to work on fleet projects, and it is a waste of my time to not be able to fully participate in the events I join and only earning half or less of the marks I should get.
Captain
# 3
07-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by resoundingenvoy View Post
Is there any way to kick people that join a task force and then walk away?

Crystalline catastrophe is maybe one of the better way to get nukkar marks. 3minuets ago is not the first time I've tried it and counted a grand total of three or four players actually moving.
No, not at this time. Most methods that involve players kicking other players is likely to be abused and because of different playstyles (healers not shooting, etc.), also possiblity of keyboard/mouse scripting, there is really no good way to detect if a player is really AFK.
What's Star Trek Online without Exploration? Star Wars! (War zones and STFs)
Are you sure it isn't time for a "colourful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
Star Trek Battles Channel - Play STO more like Star Trek with challenge, teamwork and FUN!
Captain
# 4
07-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revlot View Post
Is there a way to make sure I stay connected to the server while participating in a PvE event?

I am tired of my ship not responding to my commands and just sitting still, rubber-banding, or just flying in a straight line taking damage till I die - sometimes I even get dropped by the server and receive a 1 hour ban. I am trying to work on fleet projects, and it is a waste of my time to not be able to fully participate in the events I join and only earning half or less of the marks I should get.
This is really not the thread for this question.

There could be many things causing this: Server being overloaded, traffic over your network and the networks between you and Cryptic's servers.

Try searching/posting in the "PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues" area.
What's Star Trek Online without Exploration? Star Wars! (War zones and STFs)
Are you sure it isn't time for a "colourful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
Star Trek Battles Channel - Play STO more like Star Trek with challenge, teamwork and FUN!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Go form a private team for your Nukara mission. It is inappropriate to complain about the public mission which is open to all people. There are tons of real life reasons why someone may appear AFK, including using the restroom or being told by mommy to take the garbage out NOW! The Nukara missions are difficult and many people give up quickly, rightly so. Go form a private mission and stop complaining about free stuff.
Captain
# 6
07-12-2013, 06:23 PM
The game should measure activity and reward only players that have passed the minimum activity threshold or give a consolation prize for not passing it. For example, 5 Omega Marks for afking an Elite STF. I don't know about you, but if I was an afker and had to do 12 Elite STFs to get the same reward as actively playing, then I would either stop being an afker or find some other content to do. Also, this method doesn't penalize players that have a legitimate excuse to afk like baby crying or taking out the trash. They would lose out on the reward for that STF, but won't be classified as an afker and punished for it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
07-13-2013, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpg1usa View Post
Go form a private team for your Nukara mission. It is inappropriate to complain about the public mission which is open to all people. There are tons of real life reasons why someone may appear AFK, including using the restroom or being told by mommy to take the garbage out NOW! The Nukara missions are difficult and many people give up quickly, rightly so. Go form a private mission and stop complaining about free stuff.
I can imagine Life getting in the way, even after they hit accept. But seeing the same people stand around and do nothing every time I see them tells me they are just leeching rewards not going AFK because of a phone call from work or attending to a child.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 8
07-13-2013, 02:00 AM
hunter-killer npc's

these sneaky critters would come in and attack anyone who hadnt moved at least 10 km in one minute.
if this npc kills you, you get kicked from the match, unless you shot it & either kill it or make it warp out again

that'd do the job.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Captain
# 9
07-13-2013, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
hunter-killer npc's

these sneaky critters would come in and attack anyone who hadnt moved at least 10 km in one minute.
if this npc kills you, you get kicked from the match, unless you shot it & either kill it or make it warp out again

that'd do the job.
And what about torp boats in ESTFs? You know, the ones that sit 8k out and bombard gateways/transformers with torpedoes? Those don't move much, and I can see one sitting still for a minute. That's not horribly fair to them.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 10
07-13-2013, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
And what about torp boats in ESTFs? You know, the ones that sit 8k out and bombard gateways/transformers with torpedoes? Those don't move much, and I can see one sitting still for a minute. That's not horribly fair to them.
see, thats the thing, since the player is actually there, they can react to it, evade its attack or the team will defend it.

this npc becomes nothing more than another npc under these conditions.
im at least guessing sto doesnt have a big issue with stf farming bots, so any meaningful reaction to this attack should be able to tell said ai/game system, 'yep, the player is still there'.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.