Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Ensign
# 21
05-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Ok so I've been reviewing threads here in support about graphic issues. I do have a doozy. I have every graphic set to max, even filled with the troubleshooting options. I have switched between dx9-dx11. To date the graphics don't really change. They look more blocky then back in the day Half-Life. There's quite a bit of pixelation that can be seen in the distance and full view of a character. My system is mid range except the video card (which site reviews show it to be high end).

Here's a brief detail of my system. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

I see that AMD is working on a fix for the 12.1 driver (been working on it for a while now).....
My room mate's pc is older by 1 year and his graphics are supreme. I don't get it.
Commander
# 22
05-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathehawk View Post
Ok so I've been reviewing threads here in support about graphic issues. I do have a doozy. I have every graphic set to max, even filled with the troubleshooting options. I have switched between dx9-dx11. To date the graphics don't really change. They look more blocky then back in the day Half-Life. There's quite a bit of pixelation that can be seen in the distance and full view of a character. My system is mid range except the video card (which site reviews show it to be high end).

Here's a brief detail of my system. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

I see that AMD is working on a fix for the 12.1 driver (been working on it for a while now).....
My room mate's pc is older by 1 year and his graphics are supreme. I don't get it.
Do you happen to have the half resoultion graphics setting on (if you do turn it off (the easiest way to do that would be by typing /renderscale 1 into chat)), also 12.1 driver is super old that got fixed ages ago, you should update your drivers from here (on the right panel where it lists OSes): http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx. But that only affected the beta driver so I am pretty much certain you do not have the 12.1 issue (it was like a checkerboard with black squares more than a centermeter accross appearing like a movie (as in flat 2D surface, just like parts of your monitor were turned off)).

Definatly not a issue with your hardware, you should be running this game on max settings with no lag whatsover.

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard

Last edited by afree100; 05-17-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Ensign
# 23
05-18-2013, 03:15 PM
I posted here cause I couldn't create a thread. Now I can so I'm removing this post.

Last edited by shadowhwk; 05-18-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Ensign
Exposed skin on character models now flickers post-LoR, faces most notably. Turning Vsync off eliminates the problem totally. Same results under DX9 and 11. All detail settings are on highest level, running ~190-200 fps without Vsync. Did not have problems with Vsync before LoR.

Intel "Sandy Bridge" Core i5-3350P quad @ 3.1 GHz
8GB DDR3-1600
nVidia GeForce GTX 660 w/2GB GDDR5
Ensign
# 25
05-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhwk View Post
I posted here cause I couldn't create a thread. Now I can so I'm removing this post.
This is me as well.
Ensign
# 26
07-13-2013, 01:09 AM
Hello,

I have got a problem, with the game launcher (directx 9) it seems the game launcher start perfect, but the window does not show , only on the tray i can see it is loaded.
I use win 7 so i can see in little what - when is loaded.
I refresehed the launcher, but it did not work.

What do you think about it?

Thanks
Commander
# 27
07-17-2013, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kviper84 View Post
Hello,

I have got a problem, with the game launcher (directx 9) it seems the game launcher start perfect, but the window does not show , only on the tray i can see it is loaded.
I use win 7 so i can see in little what - when is loaded.
I refresehed the launcher, but it did not work.

What do you think about it?

Thanks
if you are describing what I think you are press Crtl+Shift+Esc --> select applications then right click on gameclient or Star Trek Online and click maximise, may or may not fix your issue.

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
08-19-2013, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesavage0ne View Post
I can run most games without any problems with lag/chopiness like fallout NV, fallout 3, black and white 2... and the ones that do have a low framerat have at least a regularly slow framerate like skyrim. i have problems when i'm sprinting on ground missions where it will just stop mid stride and wait a bit also when i am changing directions on the ground and moving camera. in space it dosen't happen at all in combat only when i am going fast speed or whatever its called. but then i can't turn the warp speed off because of how choppy it is. its not internet, and it not my pc. or at least it shouldn't be.
Here are my specks.
Intel (R) HD graphics
(4x)Intel (R) Core(TM) i3 CPU
not sure you need sound but both Intel(R) Display Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio
4gb ram
Windows 7 x64

I have tryed changing litterially EVERY graphix setting, please help! at level 1-30 it wasn't so bad... missions were easy enough but now i can hardly complete one at level 44
sorry for multi posting, but for some reason i still can not make a new thread. it still says not untill a certain amount of time.
>Intel (R) HD graphics
There's your problem.
Common people, use some common sense and realise that INTEL GRAPHICS are NOT FOR PLAYING MODERN GAMES. Its gotten just silly recently, with people buying hardcore graphical games like Crysis 3, and then wondering why the game refuses to start with 'Unsupported graphics chipset' on their Intel graphics.
-------------------------------------------------------------
President of Alpha Solaris, a Federation fleet.

I used to be Sinsofasolarempire
Ensign
# 29
10-24-2013, 05:55 AM
Hi everyone,

I've got a problem too with Intel HD:

My Notebook has an AMD Radeon HD 7970M as well as an Intel HD 4000. The game only recognises the Intel card.

I already switched it in the Catalyst Control Center but that happend to be of no use.

Anyone can help me how to tell STO to use the AMD instead?
Survivor of Remus
# 30
11-07-2013, 07:30 AM
they really need to do a massive upgrade on the game so it can accept late model cards.
I just purchased GTX760's. And STO will run in DX11 or DX9, but the amount of issues i have trying to run in either is ridiculous. I hope, after season 8, they stop releasing new content, and start working on bugs, and a new engine or repairs or whatever so we can run our late model cards,etc.
DX11 issues i have, is it keeps popping up with pixel shader warnings. no matter what i do, they keep popping up all the time.
The other issue is no biggy, but still, annoying, can't seem to take screen shots when it goes to a cut scene.

DX9 issues, will not select 1920x1080@60hz.....I know about the selection under screen res, which is refresh rate. But screen res stays at 1920x1080@23hz.
Other issues in DX9 are i will be playing, graphics look fine, then all of a sudden, the graphics look terrible, as if i have settings set to minimum. Which i dont, they are all maxed out.

I have all latest drivers. It is a new PC, and is i guess high end.
Also audio issues regardless of DX9 or 11. The more going on, I.e, big battles heaps of ships etc, audio virtually cuts out. Now i had this problem on my old pc, and PWE kept telling me it was my realtek drivers, even tho they were the latest ones.
Now, with my new pc, im using HDMI from my video card, straight to my tv, and it still does it. So, PWE, again, need to fix this game. Cause i for one, am getting tired of playing a broken game. I spent a bit over $2k on my new pc, and i am disappointed that STO is still broken. No matter what i do to try and get the audio or graphics sorted out, the game fails me. So, If they dont fix it soon, im going back to playing EVE or X3 or something. At least i dont have graphics or audio issues playing other games. Why is it only STO im having these problems??

Finished ranting

I will add to this by saying, my other GPU, was a GTX 275, and ran fine, except for the audio issues. Seems that wherever i look on here, everyone has basically the same thing in common in regards of issues, that is we are all using relatively new hardware. I didnt say all of us DO have new hardware, but seems the majority does.

Last edited by craig76; 11-07-2013 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Left something out