Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,426
# 1 Bikinis in the main Hubs
07-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Really Cryptic?

What happened to the No Bikinis for Players Because We don't Want Them on Other Planets Rule?

You still keep them from us and yet there is this NPC wearing one on NR for example.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-K...3-21-21-32.jpg
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,864
# 2
07-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Really Cryptic?

What happened to the No Bikinis for Players Because We don't Want Them on Other Planets Rule?

You still keep them from us and yet there is this NPC wearing one on NR for example.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-K...3-21-21-32.jpg
when they give clothes appropriate armour values & add hub invasion events, these outfits may become fun. since it would reduce the players using them to fodder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 675
# 3
07-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Eff it, bikinis for all female characters all the time.

Freedom of choice and all that if they want to wear it.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 320
# 4
07-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Isn't that the "Please come to Risa" NPC? I'm sure she'll disappear when the event ends.

Cryptic wants a character related to a special event to stand out so players will notice him or her, and they want that character to represent what you can expect in that special event, although not necessarily what you will receive while attending it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.

Last edited by jbmaverick; 07-13-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,864
# 5
07-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Eff it, bikinis for all female characters all the time.
you realise that if this ever happens, most of the female toons on esd will end up being ferengi, tellerite, & pakled in bikini's right?

though im sure many will be happy to see catians in such... attire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 675
# 6
07-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Saurian Females in Bikinis.

Perfect!
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 829
# 7
07-13-2013, 02:21 PM
What's wrong with Caitians in bikini? -are you racist?
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,864
# 8
07-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandormen123 View Post
What's wrong with Caitians in bikini? -are you racist?
asinine race card pulling.
whats the matter? i step on your tail there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 829
# 9
07-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
asinine race card pulling.
whats the matter? i step on your tail there?
Asinine? You mean feline, right?
And my tail is trimmed. Can't have a long tail in close combat with klingon bathlets.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,086
# 10
07-13-2013, 02:55 PM
First of all, it won't happen for the caitians because Cryptic doesn't want to add bikinis that cover 8 nipples.


Also it will never happen because only 3 skins that i've seen so far are full body and don't just end at the neck, Caitian, Gorn, and Trill. Even the basic human skins end at the neck, you just don't notice because the colors blend. I personally would love to see the custom skins made full body, so that way people wearing the more open clothing options would at least look decent instead of having that "not even half assed" art asset look to them.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:08 PM.