Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward > Captain's Table (RP)
Login

Lieutenant
# 101
07-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
OOC: LOL, oops *facepalm*.

*U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Bridge.*

Ores: Sir, Captain Thryiss says she's ready when you are.

Soval: Very well, Mr Ores. Engage!

*The Bunker Hill jumps to high warp, heading for the Beta Pictoris System.*
[U.S.S. Sunstone, Bridge]

P'Vic: Captain, The Bunker Hill has jumped to warp.

Thryiss: Eos, you heard the lady. Floor it.

Eos: Yes, sir!

*The Sunstone jumps to warp, following the Bunker Hill.*

Wil: So, Captain. Why was she named the Sunstone?

*Eos, the Caitian Conn Officer turned around in his seat.*

Eos: May I answer that question, Captain?

Thryiss: By all means!

Eos: Lieutenant, this ship was named for her state of the art navigational technology. I'm sure that by now, you've heard of the Sunstone's Borg-enhanced astrometrix lab?

Wil: I have.

Eos: This ship was named the Sunstone in reference to the relatively advanced navigational skills of the Viking civilizations of ancient Earth, particularly their use of crystallized calcium carbonate to spot the position of the Sun when it'd be hidden behind the clouds. For this purpose, they named it sunstone.

Wil: I'm impressed, you know more about Earth's ancient history than I do!

Eos: The Vikings have always been a special interest of mine.

*Eos turned back around and Wil and McLean shared a grin between the two of them.*

"There are three things to remember about being a starship captain:
keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
# 102
07-15-2013, 08:15 AM
*U.S.S. Bunker Hill, approaching Beta Pictoris. The ship drops out of warp to meet the Galaxy-Class U.S.S. Victorious, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Constantinople, and Intrepid-Class U.S.S. Oxford. The Victorious has had a small section of its Saucer cut out, and some carbon scoring can be seen.*

Soval *Over Comm*: U.S.S. Bunker Hill and U.S.S. Sunstone arriving on-station.

Ryan *Over Comm*: Copy, Admiral. I'll meet you and Captain Thryiss in the Victorious Observation Lounge, with whatever party you want to bring with you.
My Fan Fictions
Lieutenant
# 103
07-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
*U.S.S. Bunker Hill, approaching Beta Pictoris. The ship drops out of warp to meet the Galaxy-Class U.S.S. Victorious, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Constantinople, and Intrepid-Class U.S.S. Oxford. The Victorious has had a small section of its Saucer cut out, and some carbon scoring can be seen.*

Soval *Over Comm*: U.S.S. Bunker Hill and U.S.S. Sunstone arriving on-station.

Ryan *Over Comm*: Copy, Admiral. I'll meet you and Captain Thryiss in the Victorious Observation Lounge, with whatever party you want to bring with you.

Thryiss: McLean, Wil, you're with me. Eos, you have the bridge.

*The three of them head down to the transporter room where they are taken to the U.S.S. Victorious.*

Transporter Officer: Greetings, Captain. The observation lounge is located on Deck 1, adjacent the bridge.

Thryiss: Thank you, crewman.

*They make their way to the observation lounge. On the way, they see repair crews bustling about the ship. They enter the lounge and meet Captain Ryan, along with the captains of the Constantinople and the Oxford.*

Thryiss: (With a satisfied grin) Looks like we beat Soval.

keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
# 104
07-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlafrance View Post

Thryiss: McLean, Wil, you're with me. Eos, you have the bridge.

*The three of them head down to the transporter room where they are taken to the U.S.S. Victorious.*

Transporter Officer: Greetings, Captain. The observation lounge is located on Deck 1, adjacent the bridge.

Thryiss: Thank you, crewman.

*They make their way to the observation lounge. On the way, they see repair crews bustling about the ship. They enter the lounge and meet Captain Ryan, along with the captains of the Constantinople and the Oxford.*

Thryiss: (With a satisfied grin) Looks like we beat Soval.
Ryan: By 2 minutes. He just beamed aboard.

*He smiles and walks over to Captain Thryiss, extending a hand to her.*

Captain Ryan Allington.
My Fan Fictions
Lieutenant
# 105
07-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Ryan: By 2 minutes. He just beamed aboard.

*He smiles and walks over to Captain Thryiss, extending a hand to her.*

Captain Ryan Allington.
*Thryiss takes the offer to shake his hand.*

Thryiss: Captain Thryiss of the U.S.S. Sunstone. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Captain, Allington! This is my First Officer, Commander McLean, and my Chief Tactical Officer and Chief of Security, Lieutenant Wil.

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
# 106
07-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
*Thryiss takes the offer to shake his hand.*

Thryiss: Captain Thryiss of the U.S.S. Sunstone. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Captain, Allington! This is my First Officer, Commander McLean, and my Chief Tactical Officer and Chief of Security, Lieutenant Wil.
Ryan: Commander, Lieutenant.

*He gestures to a Trill female on his right.*

May I introduce Captain Marilla Saph of the U.S.S. Oxford...

*Then to a human male on his left.*

... And Captain John Sheridan of the U.S.S. Constantinople.

*The two captains nod to Thryiss' party.*

Now, please, take a seat while we wait on the Vice Admi--

*Just then, Soval walks in with T'las.*

Nevermind.

*He walks over to Soval and gives the Vulcan salute, with Soval returns.*

Live long and prosper, Soval.

Soval: Peace and long life.

*He nods to the other Captains.*

Captain Saph.

*Captain Saph nods in return. Soval then walks over and shakes Sheridan's hand.*

An honour to meet you, Captain.

Sheridan: The honour is mine.

*He then turns to Thryiss, extending a hand.*

Soval: Captain Thryiss. An honour to finally meet you in person.
My Fan Fictions
Lieutenant
# 107
07-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Ryan: Commander, Lieutenant.

*He gestures to a Trill female on his right.*

May I introduce Captain Marilla Saph of the U.S.S. Oxford...

*Then to a human male on his left.*

... And Captain John Sheridan of the U.S.S. Constantinople.

*The two captains nod to Thryiss' party.*

Now, please, take a seat while we wait on the Vice Admi--

*Just then, Soval walks in with T'las.*

Nevermind.

*He walks over to Soval and gives the Vulcan salute, with Soval returns.*

Live long and prosper, Soval.

Soval: Peace and long life.

*He nods to the other Captains.*

Captain Saph.

*Captain Saph nods in return. Soval then walks over and shakes Sheridan's hand.*

An honour to meet you, Captain.

Sheridan: The honour is mine.

*He then turns to Thryiss, extending a hand.*

Soval: Captain Thryiss. An honour to finally meet you in person.
*Thryiss returns the handshake.*

Thryiss: The pleasure's all mine! I never got the chance to properly thank you for saving my ship and taking care of my crew. (To Ryan) Now, if I'm not mistaken, we have some business at hand! Or is that hole in your ship just for looks?

- Kathryn Janeway

Last edited by wlafrance; 07-15-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 108
07-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
*Thryiss returns the handshake.*

Thryiss: The pleasure's all mine! I never got the chance to properly thank you for saving my ship and taking care of my crew. (To Ryan) Now, if I'm not mistaken, we have some business at hand! Or is that hole in your ship just for looks?
*Ryan sits down at the Conference Table, with Soval and T'las following suit. Ryan's face turns slightly grave.*

Ryan: No one was killed - thank God. We've got 5 injuries, nothing major.

We were attacked by a Borg Cube - the same one that destroyed the Lexington's Battle Group a few days ago.

These Borg were attacking a lot differently than in previous encounters - even compared to Vega. I think their little roast-carving was a warning - either that, or they felt my ship really needed the ventilation.

Soval: Would it not be more logical to return to Starbase for repairs?

Ryan: Soval, the Victorious was equipped for the long haul during last months's refit. We've got industrial replicators, Sphinx Workpods and enough repair parts to completely repair the hulls and RCS ports of 2 Galaxy-Class Vessels. Besides, they took one of my crew.

*Captain Marilla "Daya" Saph turns and looks at Ryan, worried. She sees a look she knows too well; grief, concern, and anger. She's known him since the Academy, and has only seen that look once.*

Daya: Who was it?

Ryan: My Chief Engineer; Lieutenant Commander Elizabeth Dannover. We rescued her from the Borg at Vega. She was an Engineer on the U.S.S. Kelvin. She'd--

Soval: Wait a minute. What did you say?

Ryan: She was an engineer on the Kelvin?

Soval: Before that.

Ryan: She'd been assimilated at Vega, but we got there before the Borg had a chance to take her off the Kelvin.

Soval: She was assimilated at Vega?

Ryan: Yes.

Soval, are you okay?

Soval: Yes. Captain, did anything else about the Borg's behaviour strike you as... unusual?

Ryan: Actually, yes.

Allington to Bridge.

Wenj *Over Comm*: Bridge here.

Ryan: Wenj, put up the transmission we received from the Borg vessel.

*He directs everyone's attention to the screen.*

Computer, begin playback.

*The screen flashes to life, showing a typical Borg Command Centre, hauntingly reminding everyone in the room of the transmission sent out by Locutus at Wolf 359 50 years earlier. Hidden in the shadows, a feminine figure stands in the centre of the screen. Two drones can be easily made out.*

Soval: Freeze frame.

*The playback stops barely after it starts.*

Ryan: Soval?

Soval: I recognise them.

*He looks at the drone on the left, astonished by the lack of external implants, aside from the base of an optical implant. The drone's eyes are bloodshot and his expression filled with pain, yet cold. He was wearing a Teal Antares-02 Medical Uniform. Soval couldn't help but recognise him.*

The one on the left is Ensign Thomas Demitz. He was a medic aboard the U.S.S. Miranda.

The one on the right... is Lieutenant Dalo Makri. He was our Operations Officer.

Daya: Wait. They were both Officers on the Miranda?

T'las: Soval, there's something you're not telling us.

Soval: I don't know whether it is relevant yet. Resume.

*The playback resumes again, and the figure begins speaking.*

Figure: We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your lives are over - your existence flawed. Your extermination is necessary.

Soval *disbelief, as though he'd seen a ghost*: I recognise that voice...

Figure: Resistance is futile. You shall turn over Elizabeth Dannover to us. Failure to comply will result in your immediate destruction.

*The playback ends.*

Ryan: Immediately after that, the Borg began cutting into the Saucer. A drone beamed over and took Commander Dannover.

*t'las looks at Soval, who still looks as though he'd seen a ghost.*
My Fan Fictions
Lieutenant
# 109
07-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
*Ryan sits down at the Conference Table, with Soval and T'las following suit. Ryan's face turns slightly grave.*

Ryan: No one was killed - thank God. We've got 5 injuries, nothing major.

We were attacked by a Borg Cube - the same one that destroyed the Lexington's Battle Group a few days ago.

These Borg were attacking a lot differently than in previous encounters - even compared to Vega. I think their little roast-carving was a warning - either that, or they felt my ship really needed the ventilation.

Soval: Would it not be more logical to return to Starbase for repairs?

Ryan: Soval, the Victorious was equipped for the long haul during last months's refit. We've got industrial replicators, Sphinx Workpods and enough repair parts to completely repair the hulls and RCS ports of 2 Galaxy-Class Vessels. Besides, they took one of my crew.

*Captain Marilla "Daya" Saph turns and looks at Ryan, worried. She sees a look she knows too well; grief, concern, and anger. She's known him since the Academy, and has only seen that look once.*

Daya: Who was it?

Ryan: My Chief Engineer; Lieutenant Commander Elizabeth Dannover. We rescued her from the Borg at Vega. She was an Engineer on the U.S.S. Kelvin. She'd--

Soval: Wait a minute. What did you say?

Ryan: She was an engineer on the Kelvin?

Soval: Before that.

Ryan: She'd been assimilated at Vega, but we got there before the Borg had a chance to take her off the Kelvin.

Soval: She was assimilated at Vega?

Ryan: Yes.

Soval, are you okay?

Soval: Yes. Captain, did anything else about the Borg's behaviour strike you as... unusual?

Ryan: Actually, yes.

Allington to Bridge.

Wenj *Over Comm*: Bridge here.

Ryan: Wenj, put up the transmission we received from the Borg vessel.

*He directs everyone's attention to the screen.*

Computer, begin playback.

*The screen flashes to life, showing a typical Borg Command Centre, hauntingly reminding everyone in the room of the transmission sent out by Locutus at Wolf 359 50 years earlier. Hidden in the shadows, a feminine figure stands in the centre of the screen. Two drones can be easily made out.*

Soval: Freeze frame.

*The playback stops barely after it starts.*

Ryan: Soval?

Soval: I recognise them.

*He looks at the drone on the left, astonished by the lack of external implants, aside from the base of an optical implant. The drone's eyes are bloodshot and his expression filled with pain, yet cold. He was wearing a Teal Antares-02 Medical Uniform. Soval couldn't help but recognise him.*

The one on the left is Ensign Thomas Demitz. He was a medic aboard the U.S.S. Miranda.

The one on the right... is Lieutenant Dalo Makri. He was our Operations Officer.

Daya: Wait. They were both Officers on the Miranda?

T'las: Soval, there's something you're not telling us.

Soval: I don't know whether it is relevant yet. Resume.

*The playback resumes again, and the figure begins speaking.*

Figure: We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your lives are over - your existence flawed. Your extermination is necessary.

Soval *disbelief, as though he'd seen a ghost*: I recognise that voice...

Figure: Resistance is futile. You shall turn over Elizabeth Dannover to us. Failure to comply will result in your immediate destruction.

*The playback ends.*

Ryan: Immediately after that, the Borg began cutting into the Saucer. A drone beamed over and took Commander Dannover.

*t'las looks at Soval, who still looks as though he'd seen a ghost.*
Thryiss: Strange... The Borg aren't prone to extraction missions. And "extermination"? Something is seriously off here.

*Wil notices Soval's expression of distress.*

Wil: Admiral?

- Kathryn Janeway
Captain
# 110
07-16-2013, 10:45 PM
*USS Dreadnought, Odyssey class, floating in space, somewhere near the Gamma Orionis sector block. On the bridge....*

Voporak: Anything new?

Vranlek: No sir. Nothing's changed in the several days we've been floating here.

Voporak: Well the bad part about detached duty is that sometimes, you have nowhere to go.

Omet'etan: Better than being stuck charting nebulas, in my opinion.

*A terminal beeps*

Vranlek: We've got something on long range sensors. It's a science ship, sending out a distress call.

Voporak: Let's hear it.

Audio of an officer: This is the USS Sojourner... help... attacked by... found a... in...

Vranlek: That's all there is.

Voporak: Where is that ship?

Vranlek: Half a lightyear outside of the Mutara Nebula.

Voporak: Set a course for the Sojourner, time-lapse the warp drive to get us there fast. Engage.

*The Dreadnought jumps to warp and traverses space at an incredible speed. Within minutes, they drop to impulse near the Sojourner. The Rhode Island class ship floats derelict in space, missing a nacelle, almost half the primary hull destroyed, and most of its surface is burned and pitted with holes.*

Vranlek: I am not reading any life forms. There are no habitable areas of the ship. All systems on it are destroyed and wreckage from an ejected and destroyed warp core are floating out there. She's just a hulk of tritanium now.

Mirra: Whatever did this obviously did not want to steal anything from the ship.

Voporak: So, a wrecked science vessel, her entire crew killed, all systems blown to little fragments, but the ship itself was not totally destroyed. Any explanation?

Vranlek: I believe I can give you one. There are hundreds of peculiar energy signatures coming from the Mutara Nebula.

Voporak: I think it's time we go charting nebulas. *He turns to look at Omet'etan* How 'bout it?

*The rest of the bridge officers smile as the ship approaches the nebula*

May: 30 seconds until we enter the nebula. Our shields should protect us from having our sensors scrambled.

Voporak: Bridge to Engineering. Jirod, keep an eye on the core as we go in. We've got no idea how that big purple cloud will affect it.

Jirod: Aye sir.

Mirra: You do know that Starfleet doesn't want ships to go in there, right?

Voporak: I am well aware of that fact.

May: Ten seconds.

*The massive ship slips into the cloud*

We have entered the Mutara Nebula.

Vranlek: The energy readings are coming from deep in here. I can't tell what they are, though.

Voporak: Keep me updated if anything changes.

May: Captain, there is- wait. It's gone.

Voporak: What?

May: I thought I detected something moving in here, but it doesn't look like it's there any more.

Vranlek: Even though they're still online, sensors aren't doing as well as they normally would. I am not picking up anything else.

Voporak: Bring up the viewscreen. May, I am giving the screen's controls to the helm. If you detect anything else, feel free to look around.

*The bridge is unusually quiet as the flashing lights of the ship move through the dark nebula*

May: There it is again!

*She moves the view and they all see a dark shadow appear briefly, and vanish*

Mirra: I wonder what that-

Vranlek: Look down!

*May changes the screen to the bottom camera, and visible is a vague shape, but not a natural one; it looks to be artificial in form. It quickly disappears*

Voporak: Can you tell what that was?

Vranlek: No. However, it seems that it is something that has been constructed.

*Voporak remains silent as the ship continues its journey*

The energy signatures are getting close.

Voporak: Let's see what's in front of us.

*The viewscreen shows a glowing circle against the purple clouds*

What is that?

Vranlek: I'm not sure.

May: Object directly behind us, and coming on fast! It's huge!

Voporak: Evasive maneuvers!

*The Dreadnought speeds up and banks off to the right, as a Borg tactical cube flies by*

What the hell!

Vranlek: Sir. I think we'd better switch to the port camera.

*May changes the screen, and it reveals the Dreadnought in an open part of the nebula; but the most obvious and terrifying thing is what the cube is flying towards: a Borg transwarp hub.*

Mirra: A hub...

May (she is a liberated drone): They've built one here too... this is a very strategic point for them to put a hub, since it is hidden and right next to the Federation.

Voporak: Have they detected us?

Vranlek: Most likely, however they don't seem to think we are a threat, or else there would be hundreds of cubes on us right now.

Voporak: Let's just remain here for a while. We'll pick up as much sensor data as we can on it, but the moment they try to attack us, we get out of here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)