Quote:
Originally Posted by knocky View Post
People PvP on the ground?
i do, and as it seems, more people do
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude
Lieutenant
# 72
07-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Wow, look at that It is actually getting fixed, bravo.

I wish people would make as big a stink about knockback being broken. Maybe that would get fixed. It artificially inflates the power of teams that run a lot of caitians, tactical officers using the operative kit (lunge is the culprit here), [kb3] weapons, and any weapon with a chance to knockback. It can ruin a good match.

One of my fleetmates put it this way, "If I ever feel like doing ground pvp, I'll just go outside and practice falling over". Very funny, and sadly true.
Survivor of Romulus
# 73
07-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarstreak View Post
Wow, look at that It is actually getting fixed, bravo.

I wish people would make as big a stink about knockback being broken. Maybe that would get fixed. It artificially inflates the power of teams that run a lot of caitians, tactical officers using the operative kit (lunge is the culprit here), [kb3] weapons, and any weapon with a chance to knockback. It can ruin a good match.

One of my fleetmates put it this way, "If I ever feel like doing ground pvp, I'll just go outside and practice falling over". Very funny, and sadly true.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7hSkXPK9Qw knockback Video on Yt lol
Ensign
# 74
07-05-2013, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
I watched the video and someone got butt whooped.

Using the sword exploit in ground PvP is a dishonorable attack .. but can be defeated.

I was having that issue and a very good PvP er told me to jump .. You end up getting knocked back further so you will have time to recover.

I took his advice and whipped the heck out of a player trying the exploit and I have not seen him since.

A SCi can also use sonic pulse to get separation along with tach harmonic.

Carry a KB3 pw in your inventory it never hurts.

Stay out of the corners when someone comes at you with a sword.

Sometimes fellow teammates in PvP refuse to assist a person/Teammate using that exploit .. them are usually the good guys.

If you want to really piss them off get a stasis pistol .. They want to be an ass you can be an ass to.

Swords to me are way OP. I dont see how a sword can go through a personal shield at 80% penetration. Seems like if a sword hit a personal shield you would get KB + electrical damage .. seems that what happens in sci fi anyways.
Captain
# 75
07-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Yeah, jumping does the work and sometimes rolling.

But still, is broken.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Commander
# 76
07-06-2013, 12:35 PM
my brother have 3 ambush purple doffs, he can one shot kill anyone with a sniper! he runs away and the dot kills me -.-
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude
Lieutenant
# 77
07-13-2013, 05:38 PM
So was this what was addressed in the last patch? Do they no longer stack?
Captain
# 78
07-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiemonroe View Post
Swords to me are way OP. I dont see how a sword can go through a personal shield at 80% penetration. Seems like if a sword hit a personal shield you would get KB + electrical damage .. seems that what happens in sci fi anyways.
The slow blade penetrates the shield, that's why.
Ensign
# 79
07-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
The slow blade penetrates the shield, that's why.
So if a golfer slows down his swing he can hit the ball a greater distance? If a batter slows his swing he will hit a baseball a longer distance?

If I stick a shard of metal in to a electrical field of multiple and modulating frequencies I am going tobe able to tap dance around the inside of this field ? or would I get knocked back with a new Orpheus in my body where the electricity shot out my body killing me in the process?
Republic Veteran
# 80
07-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiemonroe View Post
And strangely Lunge does 3X the damage of a sword. It seems knights were so stupid carrying swords, all the time they would have been far deadlier just drop-kick lunging.