Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Career Officer
# 531
07-12-2013, 09:55 AM
I don't know that general incompetence qualifies as criminal intent. I'm much more inclined to believe that they don't know what they're doing than that they're doing it wrong on purpose.

There needs to be some transparency in the stipend system where customers can see what they're supposed to get and when without resorting to contacting customer service every time something doesn't look right.
Career Officer
# 532
07-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeternavita View Post
There needs to be some transparency in the stipend system where customers can see what they're supposed to get and when without resorting to contacting customer service every time something doesn't look right.
Agreed. However, I'm convinced PWE has no intention of adding anything that provides any transparency or accountability. It's simply easier for them to keep the advantage in their favor in case of any issues.

PWE : "You received a double stipend"
Customer : "No, I didn't"
PWE : "Yes, you did. Trust us"

Case closed.

Were we to have a proper purchase and account history, we would have at least some documentation to help our position. Right now, we have nothing and that's the way PWE wants to keep it.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Captain
# 533
07-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
Went more like this for me.

PWE : "Yes, you did. Here's the proof!"
Customer: "Wait a minute, you proved my point. See. Give me my stipend."
PWE: "Oh er um.... Go away there was no problem, ever. I'm not listening allalalalaalala"

Copied and pasted the entire transcript to the BBB for them to look at.

Quote:
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
At least these posts are getting read even if nothing is done about it....
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Starfleet Veteran
# 534
07-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
Agreed. However, I'm convinced PWE has no intention of adding anything that provides any transparency or accountability. It's simply easier for them to keep the advantage in their favor in case of any issues.

Case closed.

Were we to have a proper purchase and account history, we would have at least some documentation to help our position. Right now, we have nothing and that's the way PWE wants to keep it.
Thought about putting a petition on the White House page and linking it here hee hee jk.

There needs to be a consolidated ledger for review.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
End the war with the KDF and FED, allow cross faction teams, as the queues permit.
Captain
# 535
07-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Right, here is the error. The accounting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
*If you're a monthly gold subscriber, it comes in on or around 30-days past the day when your bank last hard posted the subscription charge (moved from pending to posted). This can happen at anytime during the day. Lifetime subscribers (who have been subscribed for at least 30-days), will get it on or around the day of the month when your bank hard posted the original lifetime subscription charge (moved from pending to posted).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
So basically, your Stipend is paid to you in arrears. You subscribe for a month and then get it. Like going to work and getting paid the following month. This makes sense.

However, Billing seem to have a different story. They seem to be presenting the idea that you get paid your stipend when you subscribe. So they are counting the month in which you subscribe as the month you get your stipend. (This would also explain the issue with some double payments.)

My last payment went out of my account in March to cover the next three months of subscription. Now if what Branflakes says is correct my payment in March covers April, May and June, which would explain the missing month of stipend.

So Billing have two problems, some people have received it twice and they aren't properly accounting for the arrears payments they should be making with regard to the stipend.

This is not including the additional month of time I should have got for adding the collectors addition to my account, which would mean that I should receive a final payment in July when my subscription ends.

It's all academic now since the BBB are looking into it for me. But I suspect that this is the cause. If I am wrong about this, please someone correct me. (Particularly Branflakes, because I know you are watching this thread. )

EDIT: 5 minutes after mailing this to CS, I got 500 Zen in my account. FULL OF WIN!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by tc10b; 07-12-2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: VICTORY!!!
Career Officer
# 536
07-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
EDIT: 5 minutes after mailing this to CS, I got 500 Zen in my account. FULL OF WIN!
OK, so we have to complain to the BBB to get this resolved and tell CS that we're doing it? Sheesh.
Republic Veteran
# 537
07-12-2013, 07:15 PM
You can complain to the BBB all you want, it won't make any difference to Cryptic or PWE. Cryptic has outright lied to us since STO's release and has been anything but apologetic about it. If it were an honest error, it was still on their part and any normal and ethical company would have written it off. As it stands Cryptic and PWE are penny-pinching, miserly, and mean and will do anything short of actual homicide (I think) to increase their profit margins.

I have no problems with the concept of "all the traffic will bear" but without the second part of that addage "... but don't make the mark anemic" it only sheds uncomfortable light on the utter lack of business (or indeed personal) ethics of both the company and its employees.

And yet they wonder why people get up in arms about minor annoyances that crop up in their events. The reason is that the events don't seem so altruistic when all they actually serve to do is to throw the company's ethics and disdain for their customers into sharp relief.
Ensign
# 538
07-13-2013, 12:56 PM
I really do think some kind of journal or record is needed so that players can verify for themselves that they are getting the Zen they should be getting. I have an LTS, and I got an email telling me about the new Scimitar ships, and I said to myself 'last time I logged in, I seem to remember that I had 4000 and something Zen. That was several weeks ago, so I may be able to get the bundle pack from my stipend.' I just logged in, and I had 4200 Zen. I have no way of determining whether it is, in fact, the case I have not had a stipend or two I should have had (and, if so, it actually raises the possibility of missing past stipends without realising it), or whether it's due to me misremembering when I last logged in, so I'm not actually due any more stipends, or misremembering how much Zen I had when I last logged in, or something else entirely. Frankly, I have no real desire to go through the palaver of finding out, so, instead of this being me getting enticed back to the game by the Scimitar ships, and maybe generating some revenue by being enticed into Z-Store purchases, this is me actually getting driven away from the game again straight away by the headache of trying to work out whether I'm actually missing Zen or not.
Career Officer
# 539
07-14-2013, 11:56 AM
OK I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I am now 31 days past my last stipend payment, but my balance is unchanged.

Ticket logged. I signed up for LTS last month, and got the first stipend the following day. I know exactly how much Zen I started with. They cannot say they "overpaid" me in prior months, since before last month I was FTP.

I should not have to watch them like a hawk to get what I paid for. I play this game for fun, not to deal with BS support issues. Not a happy camper.
Republic Veteran
# 540
07-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman98 View Post
OK I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I am now 31 days past my last stipend payment, but my balance is unchanged.

Ticket logged. I signed up for LTS last month, and got the first stipend the following day. I know exactly how much Zen I started with. They cannot say they "overpaid" me in prior months, since before last month I was FTP.

I should not have to watch them like a hawk to get what I paid for. I play this game for fun, not to deal with BS support issues. Not a happy camper.
I think that using Ockham's Razor that the simplest answer is the correct answer, they found a way to shave some money from an accounting error and simply decided to not give out our stipends for a few months in the hope that we would just buy the zen. It probably started out as an "honest" error and instead of taking responsibility, they took advantage. PWE doesn't understand the concepts of honesty and accountability when it isn't in their favor and since they hold all the cards and all of the power, they get to decide right and wrong with their own skewed ideas of business ethics.

By the way, you have to watch all game companies like a hawk, they will take full advantage every single time, PWE is not unique, they are just the least competent at stealing money without getting caught in the act.