Commander
# 71
07-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Thank you for this. It helped me pass a writer's block today.
Always happy to help a fellow Writer.
"I am your leader, I am in command. The fate of all my followers lies in my hands. The burden of what is right or wrong, decisions have to be made. I have to take you all into this burning Gate." - Iron Savior, 'Never Say Die'.
Captain
# 72
07-14-2013, 01:40 PM
I originally posted that story again since I didn't think anyone had read it. But apparantly you all did. So now, I'm editing it into a brand spanking new log based on something that just happened to me in game.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Captain
# 73
07-14-2013, 04:25 PM
@shevet - The intrigue is so well put-together and the outcomes are brilliant. One day I'll be just as awesome

@flightofcrimson - A food fight on a starshp? A bar brawl on Risa?! The universe is unraveling ... Great writing in this piece.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Commander
# 74
07-14-2013, 08:33 PM
@flightofcrimson: Hilarious! I can't decide what I liked better-- the foodfight on the ship, or the collateral damage caused by Tepon's...er...diplomacy.

@patchouli19: Great entry! I can't help but wonder, though, at how your captain came to have Vorta bridge officer (ie, aren't all Vorta supposed to be fanatically loyal to the Founders?) I also found your inclusion of the Interstellar Concordium (whom I was prompted to look up on Memory Beta) interesting. I look forward to seeing what you do with the storyline in future.

@marcusdkane: Some nice character development for Amanda there. Though what I found the most interesting of all was the temporally-displaced lifeguard you threw in there.

@shevet: As usual, a very fun read! I especially like the fact that you incorporated a floater into the Senator's getaway. I think it's an absolute shame that we're not allowed to use them outside of Risa in-game.

I'm still trying to decide on how to write this story myself-- in particular, I'm debating whether to focus it on Lynathru, or on Ta'nara. This, of course, is while I'm also doing a thorough introduction to Arkos' new ship and crew.
Captain
# 75
07-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Okay, more of a vignette than an actual story this time, but at least I made it all the way through without blowing up a ship!
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Captain
# 76
07-15-2013, 01:11 AM
So it took me longer than normal to figure out, and of course it's a Kevin Monroe story...
(for those not in the know about Captain Monroe-he's a heavyworlder, and almost morbidly obese-at least, looking. Imagine a shaved grizzly bear with a man's face and a thick, Riker-esque beard, all plumped up for winter...)
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Lt. Commander
# 77
07-15-2013, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
So it took me longer than normal to figure out, and of course it's a Kevin Monroe story...
(for those not in the know about Captain Monroe-he's a heavyworlder, and almost morbidly obese-at least, looking. Imagine a shaved grizzly bear with a man's face and a thick, Riker-esque beard, all plumped up for winter...)
Heh, loved the story. Would this heavy gravity world be anywhere near New Hong Kong? Of course, if the ones obsessed about his physical appearance ever did get him out of Starfleet, he could always be a zap gun for hire.
http://www.airshipentertainment.com/buck.html
Captain
# 78
07-15-2013, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
Some nice character development for Amanda there.
Thanks, her past has always been something of a mystery, so with the last to LCs, I tried to reveal more about her, and figured that scene would be the ideal way to highlight a few more aspects of her past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
Though what I found the most interesting of all was the temporally-displaced lifeguard you threw in there.
Glad you liked him I wanted to subvert the old trick of the temporally dislocated flourishing and Being Epic in their new surroundings like Buck Rogers, so showed someone with no Grand Plan beyond saving lives, and who adapted to their new time by essentially continuing their old one, rather than becoming Starfleet's new Rising Star
Captain
# 79
07-15-2013, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Okay, more of a vignette than an actual story this time, but at least I made it all the way through without blowing up a ship!
Very nice entry, and a great way of meeting the new meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Excellent piece, I like the sound of New London
Captain
# 80
07-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightraider6 View Post
Heh, loved the story. Would this heavy gravity world be anywhere near New Hong Kong? Of course, if the ones obsessed about his physical appearance ever did get him out of Starfleet, he could always be a zap gun for hire.
http://www.airshipentertainment.com/buck.html
Ah, a reader of taste and sophistication! (One might suppose that if there is a New Hong Kong, then yes, Mr. Monroe's homeworld is somewhere close to it...)
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."