Commander
# 11
07-13-2013, 06:14 AM
I've said all I'm going to say about AFKers and solutions.

Starting today, can people posting in the 'Kill the AFKers' witch hunt thread epidemic keep a log of the percentage of maps they play that contain an AFKer?

I'll start:

Definately less than 1/100

Probably less than 1/1000

I don't like it either, but there are far more serious issues we could be ranting about.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Career Officer
# 12
07-15-2013, 12:11 AM
For me so far it happend very rarely that i encounter with AFK Players.
So from 100 Games i got so ca 3-4 Games where i can confirm That a Player
is over the whole Playtime in AFK Mode.

It is no problem when a Team Member maybe got an Telephone Call or the Postman or whatever come...but he should write in chat "i am short afk" than it is it ok.

But for the PPL the realy come just for doing nothing and for here self say
"Ah let they doe the stuff alone the main thing is I get my Reward"
For this PPL i have no Pardon.Yes they should be punished.

A Kicksystem where 4 Players must vote for kicking the Afk Player is not the right Solution.
There are than PPL who will abuse this System.

Once right and fair Solution where maybe when Cryptic intigrate a inactivity Counter
based on Weopons.
Also the Counter starts on the STF and when over an X-amount of time no Weopons where fired from the Player Ship than he trigger.
If the Counter has triggered for this Person than he get no Reward for the STF.
A Star has died in a massive Supernova Explosion,at the same time he gave us the life.
Yes we are all just made ​​of Stardust.
After a certain time the Stardust starts even to think.
Is that not fantastic?
Captain
# 13
07-15-2013, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphacycnusone View Post
Once right and fair Solution where maybe when Cryptic intigrate a inactivity Counter
based on Weopons.
Also the Counter starts on the STF and when over an X-amount of time no Weopons where fired from the Player Ship than he trigger.
If the Counter has triggered for this Person than he get no Reward for the STF.
No, that is stupid. For instance, Carriers don't necessarily need any weapons, and in several missions it is actually correct behavior to not to fire any shots at all. You do not need to fire any shots at all in Blockade or Azure, and indeed, firing shots can make your job more difficult.
Ensign
# 14
07-15-2013, 01:39 AM
why not use the red alert ?
if the player is afk for 3-5 min in pve, then the team will get the option of kick.

then the server can check if the player have done anything on the map and then kick them out !!
Career Officer
# 15
07-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
No, that is stupid. For instance, Carriers don't necessarily need any weapons, and in several missions it is actually correct behavior to not to fire any shots at all. You do not need to fire any shots at all in Blockade or Azure, and indeed, firing shots can make your job more difficult.
You have right i forgot about this.... there are a few Reward Mission that you can solve without firing a single Shoot.
The Azure Nebula Mission yes i remember you can solve it, when all Team Members just hiding under the asteroids out of the detection Range from the Tholian Ships.
You can sit the whole Playtime over on this place and just disable the Tractor Beams
and freeing the Ships without a battle Encounter.

Ok than the Inactivity Counter should be get based on all Activity.
(but exclude the Moving it can be abused to drive away from the battlefield)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark7spirit View Post
why not use the red alert ?
if the player is afk for 3-5 min in pve, then the team will get the option of kick.

then the server can check if the player have done anything on the map and then kick them out !!
Well that sounds good too after the Inactivity Counter has triggered,maybe a simply Autokick will doe the Job as well in this case,and it is programmatically not to heavy to include as an Player based Kicksystem.
A Star has died in a massive Supernova Explosion,at the same time he gave us the life.
Yes we are all just made ​​of Stardust.
After a certain time the Stardust starts even to think.
Is that not fantastic?
Republic Veteran
# 16
07-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
For instance, Carriers don't necessarily need any weapons, and in several missions it is actually correct behavior to not to fire any shots at all.
Just a side note here. Are fighters just remote weapons platforms for the Carrier, as the carrier receives credit for the DPS done by the fighters?

And what about these? Are these just 'Fighters' as well?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Andorian_As...nnon_Platforms

This console allows you to deploy two Wing Cannon Platforms which will orbit your ship and fire on your Wing Cannons' targets.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Something not based on movement.

More like:
Get kicked/no rewards unless you
*Take some mix that is 10% of overall mix of outgoing AND incoming damage.
Such as
*Do at least 10% of outgoing damage AND take at least 10% of incoming damage, OR
*Do at least 20% of outgoing damage, OR
*Do at least 1% of outgoing damage and take at least 19% of incoming damage, OR
*Take at least 20% of incoming damage
You get the picture.

Then someone who uses 1% impulse to move backwards far from the battle won't be able to AFK and get anything.
Career Officer
# 18
07-15-2013, 12:09 PM
What boggles me is in that some maps, like say, Mine Trap, it makes more sense to HELP your team as you make more marks based on how many colonists you receive.

That said, Azure Nebula Rescue can EABOD. Any map that has a paltry reward AND both a hard cap AND time cap isn't worth it and stinks of manipulation.
Captain
# 19
07-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccmark View Post
*Take some mix that is 10% of overall mix of outgoing AND incoming damage.
As Azure and perhaps other missions can be beaten with no shots fired, and therefore, no damage taken or inflicted, attempting to calculate such a thing would cause a divide-by-zero error and crash the server. Your idea is therefore terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccmark View Post
Then someone who uses 1% impulse to move backwards far from the battle won't be able to AFK and get anything.
You're forgetting that missions can be beaten with no shots fired from some or all players. These players may be very actively participating, but their roles do not involve getting into any fights.

The fact of the matter is that the "AFK Epidemic" is grossly exaggerated. Of the hundreds of STFs I have run, I have seen a genuine AFKer maybe a half a dozen times, and he was never important enough to actually jeopardize the mission. Just TBR a few spheres over to him and leave them there.
Rihannsu
# 20
07-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revlot View Post
JAnd what about these? Are these just 'Fighters' as well?
No, they fire within the cannons arc ... they are not independent like my Scorpions that I just send then to their deaths in CE because hell if I am going to get with 10 km of that thing with the wet paper bag the focus tested called " acceptable armor".

I only get in range with a Atrox because the Atrox can take the damage and be back up 5 seconds later.