Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Captain
# 14
07-15-2013, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Meh you could have, but you put everything into the alpha, not everything is needed for the alpha, follow Zirac's example, Alpha and GTFO asap, EmptE, evasive, deuterium and possibly even the impulse capacitance cell, with that lot you can be 40 clicks away in seconds.

Yes the Galaxy has a cloak but as you know it's not a battle cloak so once decloaked I'm on my own and I use some of those GTFO methods quite successfully. another 20K in hull makes little difference tbh, the power of 4 or 5 DHCs will eat through that extra hull on full buffs in less than 1 second, it's getting away from the fight that is key to winning it.
Yes, hauling ass is the key to surviving in a hit-and-run BoP. I myself rely on a combination of evasive maneuvers, APO, and Impulse Capacitance Cell. . .deuterium might be something useful to throw in for extra getaway speed. I only try to stay in the fight when I feel the enemy is low-DPS, or when the odds are either even or in the KDF's favor (a relatively rare event in places like Ker'rat, where I do most of my PvP).